Arrow The Official Helena Bertinelli Thread

Just watching the first episodes again and I think she was decent enough in the role, hope The Huntress comes back into Arrow at some point, she was a fun character.

I really hated the actress. I thought she was so soap operay.

I really hated the actress. I thought she was so soap operay.

She isnt as awful in acting as Katie Cassidy though, nor as miscast either. Jessica actually shown signs of improvememt between 2 episodes.

She isnt as awful in acting as Katie Cassidy though, nor as miscast either. Jessica actually shown signs of improvememt between 2 episodes.

Disagree. they both suck, but I hated Huntress way more.

Cassidy isn't bad, she's just doing her best with what's being given to her. And that's to generally be a shrew toward Oliver.

The chick playing Helena just hammed it up waaaay too much.

Cassidy is given plenty to work with than most characters in this show, she cant make lemonade out of lemons. Jessica to me is not that bad, proven by how much she got more popular with just 2 episodes than Katie Cassidy she is forgettable,I bet if they were to exchange roles, Jessica De Gouw would come out better, she has a stronger presence as an actress. Katie cant act worth crap. A good actor would rise above a bad written character anyway.

Anyway Jessica just got a new show as lead on NBC dracula!!, congrads to her:applaud. She is going places.

lol give me a ****ing break. :o

Cassidy is forgettable, Jessica is a sore thumb. Cassidy hurts the show much less (but she certainly ain't helping)

To be honest, Kate Cassidy is pretty bad too. KC is miscast IMO.

But this girl isn't.

well someone else sees what I see.

Exactly that is why Jessica has such potential, she is the right actress for the Huntress to begin with and just need more practice, Katie on the other hand is a total miscast its not even funny, there is no hope for her.

It is kind of hard to miscast her when all the character is at this point is a useless love interest.

LOL please, she will one day be the freaking Black Canary. Currently she isnt just playing a "useless" love interest either, she is also a lawyer and get scenes to do that. And she sucks so much in that role. Laurel also gets scenes were she is a daughter and a friend. Sorry Katie Cassidy has been given enough chance to shine and she just lack any acting ability to make an impact,so forgettable and lacks acting skills. Crap excuse really, a good actor is a good actor even when the writing is down or when they have only a few seconds of screentime.

Its not like she has ever been great in anything really,so I dont get why people think she is all that. Yes she is a total miscast here. Love interest or not she is no Dinah lance.

Anyway people forget Jessica has to hide her Aussie accent and that affects her performance, when she learns to control it more, she will get even better. She needs more experience on that. Great stuff on her new role, it sounds interesting and she will be awesome.

Since Helena became the Huntress, this may throw out the idea of Green Arrow being the lone hero in the series' story. Now you have two and I can see Roy being the third hero here.

Batman will not be used here or any other live-action TV project as this probably makes Huntress the only Batman character in Arrow. What connects Huntress to Green Arrow is their crusades, their backgrounds, and using bows & arrows/ crossbow.

More Helena/Huntress for season 2:woot:

And yes it has to be Jessica De Gouw

So we know this belated and hated Batfamily member is on a trajectory course for returning for a Birds of Prey episode in Season Two. I say hated because a lot of fans have found Arrow's interpretation thus far a bit too crazy and psychotic to root for (she was created to act as a foil to Season One Ollie, who had a triple-digit kill-count, so she was kind of doomed to be evil for no good reason in Season One) and belated because like othe remembers of the Batfamily, especially female ones, she got kind of screwed by the New 52 relaunch.

But, I'm of the opinion that the Arrow creative team is about to pull a Deadshot/Deathstroke on the Huntress to redeem the character and push her back towards her traditional rough and tumble but still lovable characterization.

They have to be aware of his many don't like the current version of Huntress, and they've said her new appearance, we'll see "She's become consumed by this vengeance for her father and when we see her she's in a very haggard and worn-out state."

That sounds like a deconstruction-reconstruction switch of a character to me, where you break apart one characteristic to rebuild it another way.

They also said
that this will be her final confrontation with her father. Since her father was the reason on the show for her to go all out crazy, maybe resolving this issue will finally put her back on the more hero like path...

Performance-wise, I thought that she was fine. I also know a guy from Australia who's seen her in other roles and he says that she's a good actress. What I LOATHE (I love comic book Helena B btw) is that they turned a complicated, multi-dimensional, flawed, but ultimately heroic character into garden-variety psychopath. Seeing her do some of things that she does, especially in her last season 1 appearance, THAT'S NOT THE HUNTRESS!!!! That's crazy lady with a crossbow. It's not the actresses fault that she's stuck with crappy material to work with. Maybe when she meets BC, they'll start to redeem her and make her the actual Huntress, at least I hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"