The Official Henry Cavill Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at those pics SuperDaniel posted. I mean he is literally the perfect Superman. I honestly find it hard to understand why other's don't see it. I understand other's are entitled to their opinions as I am entitled to mine, but for me it's like if say, the person they get to replace Kurt Russell in the Escape from new York remake, looked exactly like Kurt Russell in every way shape & form, yet people hated him. that's how I feel about Cavill. like we got a perfect looking guy for Superman yet it's apparently not good enough. It frustrates me. I understand he's only 6'1. I to see why that can be a problem. But facially it's like looking at Superman.

Steve

People who ever doubt him should watch the Tudors. Here is a guy who`s has the acting skills, the charisma and wants the part. People only saw him with a beard and all but c`mon. How can you look at those pictures i posted and say he doesnt look like Supes is beyond me.

I agree, I think he's great on The Tudors and if Immortals is a huge hit, then his career will really kick into high gear. Unfortunately though, I don't know if it will be enough for WB to shake its "Superman Must Be Played By An American" closed-mindedness.

yea i still see why not cavill should be given the chance if he wanted to test and was given the shot.

I'm pretty sure Cudmore only has one supporter on these boards.

Henry Cavill is one of my top picks for Superman

supercavillve1.jpg

Never liked the \S/ on this manip. Otherwise very good manip though :up:

I hate the picture used for that manip, looks like a picture of Cavill from about 10 years ago.. looks far too young in that picture.

Looks much more Superman like now than he did when he previously auditioned for the McG project which eventually became Singer's Superman Returns. He was only like 20 or so I think as well at the time, meaning he is still well within what these forums would call the 'age limits' for the role.

Oh & the \S/ is far too big :D

I still think that Cavill has one of the best looks for Superman/Clark Kent.

That's part of the dynamic going on in most threads: people dissagreing and going back and forth about who's right to play the role. When a thread is made for one actor, most people who don't like the actor won't go there, leaving mainly those who like the choice, but are then left with blend discussions on how they agree with one another, leaving out the thrill of trying to convince the other guy. Ironicaly, the reflex of many is to replicate such a dynamic here: being opposed to the thread itself and trying to convince Showtime. I partially get why, I see where they're coming from.

I'm not crazy about the choice since I don't think this will amount more than a thread gathering pictures of Cavill. So could another actor, if brought up often enough get his own excusive thread I wonder? We'll see.

Lovely, posts have been deleted.. it's like a dictatorship in these Superman forums.

Anyway, "Go Cavill! *whoop* *whoop* etc"

I honestly don't care who's cast as Superman as long as it's someone good who can look like the character and make me believe he's a real person.

And, as always, it's about story first.

Just curious ... has Cavill made any recent comments about being interested in playing the character?

Best Thread ever! I'm a huge supporter of Henry Cavill as Superman, I believe he's perfect for the part.

And I don't think WB wants just an american guy to play the part, when they were auditioning for Superman Returns, they were searching in US, UK and Australia for an actor. Plus, Christian Bale is British and Ryan Reynolds is Canadian.

yea it would be interesting to see if he has any interest in the role now compared to the past.

Lovely, posts have been deleted.. it's like a dictatorship in these Superman forums.

Why post in this thread? What do you gain from trying to detract from Cavill?

\S/uperman, he wasn't detracting from the thread. he was making a point that actually pertained to the thread at hand & then finished by praising the support for cavill. Hardly detracting by any means.

Steve

Oh I thought he was being sarcastic. I read it that he complained about posts missing and thought maybe he made posts against Cavill that got deleted. NM

I don't remember it ever being said that this was a democracy. You were told to stop the off topic discussion, you didn't, so posts were deleted.
\S/uperman, he wasn't detracting from the thread. he was making a point that actually pertained to the thread at hand & then finished by praising the support for cavill. Hardly detracting by any means.
I just read the entire thread (deleted posts included)....and I found his complaints distracting. He wasn't posting for or against the actor in the title...but just complaining about there being a thread.

And posting several paragraphs of complaining about the existence of the thread and ending the post with - GO CAVILL - is not praising the support of the character...it's more of an afterthought from someone who wasn't really aware of who the thread was for.

So...now that a second moderator has come in here and said for this thread to be kept on topic....I suggest it be kept on topic.

So what shows or films have any of you seen in Cavill in. I have seen him in Count of Monte Cristo, Triston and Isolde, I Capture the Castle, The Tudors, and some movie by Woody Allen whose name escapes me at the moment.

for me i only see him in count of monte cristo but havent seen any of his more recent work. So i dont have much judgement on cavill myself. Like i said in other posts i wouldnt mind if he tested or wanted to test for the role this time.

Speaking of Monte Cristo and Tudors, can we please find a role in a Superman film for James Frain? This dude is awesome and seems like the kind of actor Nolan would cast in a villianous role.

And I feel kinda sour that Matthew Bomer doesn't have his own thread......more height discrimination. No wonder Napolean Bonoparte had an attitude.

Last edited:
I think the WB suits would have a different type of discrimination against Bomer :meanie:

Not that I agree with it.

Difference between the director and the guy you're promoting as Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"