Justice League The #CavillMVP Superman Movement Thread

What about that scene is mopey or emo, there he is confident in giving out orders and despite not being sure he can win he still approaches it with an earnest down-to-earth confidence.

Exactly. That sequence is essentially perfect in general, but especially in its depiction of Superman.

There is nothing remotely emo about him there. I fundamentally do not understand anyone who would claim otherwise.

Then I'd have no more interest in any of the continued Superman films or roles and he could remain indefinitely sequel-less for all I care.

100% I’m out if it’s more JL and less MOS.

What about that scene is mopey or emo, there he is confident in giving out orders and despite not being sure he can win he still approaches it with an earnest down-to-earth confidence.

I meant Snyder's superman in general, the moment you're referring to was merely a deviated fraction of what people saw of superman, who was emo, mopey and dialogue challenged. There is no reason why anyone had to bare 2 overtly long movies with questionable quality to get 1 minute of a confident, inspiring superman.
Thank god Snyder will never lay his hands on superman ever again (I hope).

Because he was built out like a real person on the journey to become that guy full time after learning and growing to that put, in a world that very much resembled our own with all of its positives and negatives, all of which were FYI, excellent decisions. In MoS he decides to become Superman, but being Supes isn't a walk in the park, it comes with a great burden of being under a tremendous microscope and constantly having every action overanalyzed so any small mistake has tremendous blowback that he still had to get used to as whas was shown in BvS, and by the end perfectly sets up for the fully formed Supes, until WB and Whedon came in to f*** it all up.

Last edited:
Because he was built out like a real person on the journey to become that guy full time after learning and growing to that put, in a world that very much resembled our own with all of its positives and negatives, all of which were FYI, excellent decisions. In MoS he decides to become Superman, but being Supes isn't a walk in the park, it comes with a great burden of being under a tremendous microscope and constantly having every action overanalyzed so any small mistake has tremendous blowback that he still had to get used to as whas was shown in BvS, and by the end perfectly sets up for the fully formed Supes, until WB and Whedon came in to f*** it all up.

FYI that is your opinion and you are well entitled to it but it doesn't make it fact and doesn't mean I have agree with it.
Also things were well beyond f***ed up the second those monkeys at WB allowed Snyder to make BvS, a not so excellent decision if I might add since that film was such a critical flop and a box office disappointment that even JL became a boxoffice laughing stock.

Cavill is aware the Snyder version has not been well-received.

The JL Superman was good imo, again I haven't seen the whole film; but he was inspiring without being too much a Reeve copy. Not counting the lame "I believe in truth" retort to Steppenwolf. I feel what this movie did prove is you can make Superman talk and interact with others; with SR MOS and BvS I felt everyone was afraid to have him speak.

The JL Superman was good imo, again I haven't seen the whole film; but he was inspiring without being too much a Reeve copy. Not counting the lame "I believe in truth" retort to Steppenwolf. I feel what this movie did prove is you can make Superman talk and interact with others; with SR MOS and BvS I felt everyone was afraid to have him speak.

???!!!

my option 2 story / script which i only finish half.

celebration of superman returns, Brainiac invasion, bringing in Supergirl, Sam Lane still distrusting superman and Lex at behind manipulating the medias. however the focus of the story is more on the people. despite all the smear campaign, they continue to trust superman this time. they work together to save the world.
it is to complete "They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

:)

In regards to the line Cavill deliver's to Steppenwolf. I loved the, "well, I believe in truth" as the slight hint of the Williams score kicked in. It gave me goosebumps, as to me that is Superman. That's who he is. I'm tired of people wanting to ease away from stuff like this because it's "corny". When I was a kid and saw Superman The Movie for the first time, that's what made me fall in love with this character. He said corny stuff but you believed it because you knew he meant it. I'm afraid were losing what makes Superman, Superman because people want a grounded version they can "relate" to. I don't want to relate to Superman, I want to be Superman. That's the reason no other charter matches up for me and why all other DC characters are but pale imitations in my eye's. When Coulson tells Captain America, 'With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old-fashioned', it's because it's true. Superman is old fashioned and in a world of dark batman's, now darker more brooding Aquaman's and a Wonder Woman who walked away from mankind for a hundred years, sometime a little old fashioned Superman is exactly what we need. We need to stop being embarrassed by it because Superman isn't and would never be and I know i'm certainly not.

HOORAY!!!
I have just finished another script for MOS 2!!!
I'm very excited now!!!
It continues from JL. Superman is established, mature and confident. It's fast pace, action packed and dramatic. it is really good. LOL to me of course.
Who wanna help to proofread it?
Who wanna read it?
i need comments seriously. pls help!!!
i'm having this crazy idea...
i might embark on a journey to US for the QUEST of MOS2!!!

26169606_2029784760592678_3814834668058879319_n.jpg

is my synopsis good?

HOORAY!!!
I have just finished another script for MOS 2!!!
I'm very excited now!!!
It continues from JL. Superman is established, mature and confident. It's fast pace, action packed and dramatic. it is really good. LOL to me of course.
Who wanna help to proofread it?
Who wanna read it?
i need comments seriously. pls help!!!
i'm having this crazy idea...
i might embark on a journey to US for the QUEST of MOS2!!!

Does it have a Batman/Bruce Wayne cameo? :cwink:

Meaning of the title (Man of Steel 2: Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils)
‘Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils’ describes the characters of the story.

ZACK ‘the Lost’ who finds hope,
LEX ‘the Greed’ who reaps what he has sowed,
SAM ‘the Hater’ who finds redemption,
BRAINIAC ‘the Obsessed’ who reaches a dark point of no return,
DANNY ‘the Weed’ who sways in the wind,
MERCY ‘the Obedience’ who just follows,
PERRY ‘the Wise’ who doesn't judge,
JIMMY ‘the Righteous’ who defends the suppressed,
LOIS ‘the Brave’ who pursues the truth relentless,
&
CLARK the ‘Noble’ who gives his all.

anyone interested? comments badly needed.

Last edited:
So the only moment of Cavill as Superman I didn't like was his laughing with Cyborg after they destroyed the unity; that felt so lame and a weak attempt for shallow "coarse correction". And that's coming from someone who like the "my toes hurt " line.

I think I would like to see a Superman film set in the 50's with a Brainiac that even our modern times couldn't deal with, with lots of ''aww shucks'', and ''golly Lois'' moments by clark, it is the 1950's afterall.
It would have a very 1950's sci fi feel, but also lots of good superman moments.

or...

A superman film set in our time that has superman captured by Brainiac for most of the film, only supes doesn't know it, think matrix.
It would be a red son type of film, Superman lives out decades in russia or china ( your choice ) in only a few hours time. He frees himself only after faced with a life or death decision while under Brainiac's ''matrix'' control. He remembers everything, and becomes the superman we know and love and proceeds to kick brainiac's butt..

Both Films would have Cavill as Superman, Ron Howard as director, composer would be Howard Shore.

Last edited:
some of the comments on my script.

GREAT SCRIPT!!! You have my vote for screen production. AWESOME FRICKIN AWESOME!!! It would be an even better production! Warner Bros. Entertainment DC Comics please consider and acknowledge its potential. by Michael Forrest.

Man it's really good. U should give this to Walter Hamada. by Farhan Sajid.

“That's amazing story for me. The last battle on Brainiac ship and part when supergirl got brainwashed...that's wow! You are not just only put the conflict between Kryptonians but also the small internal family conflict between general lane and lois which is perfect. Overall Its perfect! My personal opinion's said it's even better than the first man of steel itself.” by Ervinzky Geraldi

‘Dude this script almost had me crying. This is excellent man
You gotta get this copy written and published.’ By Jordan Brown

“Yeah it’s awesome! great use of words, it feels like the reader is there in the scenes” by Emily Ball

Both Films would have Cavill as Superman, Ron Howard as director, composer would be Howard Shore.

Make the composer Hans Zimmer and we have a deal and I'll write you a check. ;)
Knowing what the supposed plan was for a MoS2 that featured Batman, it's sad to think how this universe was ruined by WB being greedy and not wanting to pay their dues.

can i post my story here chapter by chapter?

will i get banned again??

I don't think there is anything left for me or for most of the viewers out there to get interested into a Superman film like Man of Steel or Batman v Superman (or even JL for that matter) again since Zack Snyder has touched every aspect one could in regards to his character in live-action including his most important moments he has and could have. It could be a reboot, a sci-fi or fantasy alien invasion one was always craving for in a Superman film, fighting Kryptonians in ground breaking action episodes and later Batman, a glimpse at the Injustice Superman, political consequences, wordly consequences, losing to his arch-nemesis Lex and also saving him, meeting doomsday, a rebirth, uniting with the League...not to mention the completion of the Jesus Christ arc, his healthy relationship with Lois, going into exile, being worshipped, loved, hated and seen as a human, saviour at the end. Is there anything left to get one excited? Apart from meeting other aliens like Darkseid & having banter? Nothing's really left. This Superman has seen everything he could and there's really nothing much left for us to see either except for little happy moments or repeating everything again in a different way, which would be unnecessary and conform to Snyder's vision for the character.

God bless Snyder. Gave me everything I have ever wanted from Superman (and Batman) with just a couple of films in the most appealing, efficient, sincere, passionate and uncompromising way. True visionaries never compromise. They know nothing could hurt their vision if it is superior in every way.

No wonder they had to get self-loathing, SJW pandering, unpassionate dirs like Joss to make this film appealing to plebs.

But KARMA strikes back. Poor guy became a meme of the year. So itchy it must be for 'em.

God bless Snyder. God bless. Stay true to what you are like you always are.

Last edited:
I for one think this is a discussion board about JL, not a personal blog.

Go ahead, sounds interesting. Why would you be banned?

thanks Mark, as long as there is one interested, i will do it. :)
Please treat it like reading a continuous short story. The English is a bit poor. hope you don't mind.

MAN OF STEEL 2 - 00 PROLOGUE

INT OF A SPACE SHIP

PULL BACK to reveal a huge control room incorporated with sophisticated systems and machines. A signal beeps. A FIGURE slowly moves into FRAME to the control board. WE see the back of the FIGURE, which are all his plug-in mechanical devices and electrical circuits. Numerous "tentacle-like" mechanical tubes are crawling eerily on his whole body, especially his skull.
He is BRAINIAC.

He flips and checks on the message he has received again.

The superman insignia is shown on the screen.

BRAINIAC
Kryptonian, The El!

CLOSE UP ON HIS FACE.

There is a mixture of expression; surprise, anger and joy.

Words appear on the screen.
Energy is low.
Input is required.

Brainiac looks at the screen that provides information of the nearby planets of the universe. His finger points on a PLANET, the name appears.

EARTH (in Kryptonian word and a distinguished image of Earth beside it)

Another row of words appears over the image.
Confirmation?

A red button is pressed.

CLOSE UP OF THE APPEARANCE OF THE SPACE SHIP

A DEVICE is activated. It rips apart and releases a small piece of Black crystal-like METEOR. The meteor swoops down in a great velocity toward its only destination, THE EARTH.

EXT OF THE OUTER SPACE

As the CAMERA rolls back, we SEE the intricate details of the space ship. It is enormous, advanced, complicated and familiar (the Kryptonian technology) It travels silently in outer space.

The EXHAUST ENGINES are started to urge the ship tracking the direction of the meteor. The SHIP is heading to the EARTH.

SUPERMAN THEME MUSIC begins to play and the credits begin to roll as The CAMERA pursues after the flying METEOR in the universe. It travels through the space in a fast speed, passing galaxies, asteroids and debris, until it reaches our solar system and stops at the planet of Earth. We see the familiar astronaut's POV of the revolving Globe.

She is a beautiful planet.

It ends by the logo of Superman flies through the screen.

Last edited:
official title of my story
Man of Steel 2: Hope Lives
26903723_2037706766467144_5157675479168590537_n.jpg

https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/0...t-time-youll-get-see-cavills-superman-movies/

First, there was a ton of renewed momentum for a proper sequel to Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel. It was fueled by the way both the WB/DC brass and test audiences were reacting to the portrayal of Superman in Justice League. That momentum was going to fast-track a proper solo Superman movie; the studio was speaking to directors; and they were hoping to be able to announce it in January. Then Justice League came out, got a very muted response, and that forced them to cool their jets.

At one point in all this, Matthew Vaughn was speaking to them about directing the sequel, and- as Mark Millar told me on the podcast last month– it was all going to come down to the right offer being placed onto the table.

On top of that, there have also been a few cameo ideas tossed around, with different DCU projects jockeying for a Superman appearance.

With regard to a Superman sequel starring Henry Cavill, I’ve got good news and bad news.

The Good News: It’s still happening.

The Bad News: I’m now being told that we’re going to have to wait until the summer, possibly at San Diego Comic-Con, for the official reveal- which will include the director and the release date. And, with the way their slate is currently configured, we’re unlikely to see this film before 2020.

BUT!!
That doesn’t mean you’ll have to wait that long to see Henry Cavill don the big red cape.

I can exclusively reveal to you that the next time you’ll get to see Cavill’s Superman on the big screen is April 5, 2019.

Why? Because that’s when Shazam! arrives in theaters.

Yes, folks, I’ve been told by a trusted source that Cavill is set to appear in Shazam! This decision comes after a bunch of internal discussions about where to place him next, since a sequel is still a ways off. Dwayne Johnson is adamant about having Cavill appear in his Black Adam film, but- for the time being- that film, I’m told, is far from getting off the ground because of Johnson’s hectic schedule.

Warner Bros. doesn’t want to wait that long, since they’re still aware that the mainstream response to Superman in Justice League was a favorable one. Even the mostly-negative reviews the film garnered took the time to single out that the portrayal of Superman in the film is one of its saving graces.

So rather than wait for Untitled Superman Sequel or Black Adam, they’ve agreed to have him appear in Shazam! to keep him alive in the minds of the general public. Cavill even lightheartedly teased it back in September.

As for what capacity he’ll appear in the film, which is being directed by David Sandberg, that remains- fittingly for Superman- up in the air.

All I’ve been told, story-wise, is that Superman has had an impact on Asher Angel’s Billy Batson. Batson sees the Man of Steel as an inspirational figure in his life, and that seems to feed into how he conducts himself when he eventually transforms into a cape-wearing, square-jawed superhero himself, in the form of Zachary Levi.

This is my own bit of speculation, but how cool would it be if we find out that Batson was one of the boys who shot that cell phone footage at the start of Justice League? In case you need a reminder, that film opens up with two small boys interviewing Superman at the scene of a rescue. With Batson being a Superman fanboy in Shazam! it would be pretty epic to see that scene play out from a different angle in the film.

But unfortunately, all I can do for the time being is speculate. All I know is, Cavill’s Superman is in Shazam! Will it be a cute cameo like that? Will his presence be felt in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way, similar to Captain America’s appearances in Spider-Man: Homecoming? Or will Superman eventually show up to help Batson out in the film’s third act when he inevitably has to deal with whatever nefarious plan Doctor Sivana (Mark Strong) has in store for him?

That part, we’ll have to wait and see about. I, for one, don’t mind having that be a surprise.

For now, fellow Superman fans, take heart in the fact that the wait for another appearance of Cavill as the Man of Steel is only a little over 15 months away. As for that sequel we’re dying for? You’ll just have to keep your eyes skyward this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"