The Official Hype Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your numbers now? Height? Weight? Current bf%? Are you currently on a weight training program? What are you eating?

MakeMineMarvel said:
What are your numbers now? Height? Weight? Current bf%? Are you currently on a weight training program? What are you eating?

5' 9"
155 lbs
Don't know my bf%, probably around 15% (I have a swimmers body, broad shoulders, slim waist, but i have a layer of fat that i want to get rid of. I'm decently toned, slim stomach, but nothing rock hard, and not the 'cut physique' i want to achieve.)
currently doing calisthenics & cardio (running)
eating 50 protein, 40 carb, 10 fat (mainly tuna, turkey, power bars, protein bars, protein shakes, whole grains, fruits, lots of water)

boyscouT said:
jeeze... :up:

ps: how do you suggest i lower my body fat while keeping my muscle mass, and hopefully increasing muscle mass while keeping a low body fat %?

Very simple, unless you want to get massive, just maintain a healthy diet and exercise. If getting down to 6.5% body fat is your goal (which isn't necessary) then you will a strict regiment, but 10-15% just eat healthy and continue to exercise.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Very simple, unless you want to get massive, just maintain a healthy diet and exercise. If getting down to 6.5% body fat is your goal (which isn't necessary) then you will a strict regiment, but 10-15% just eat healthy and continue to exercise.

my ultimate goal is to have a low body fat % (enough to see a 6 pack) and have a good amount of muscle mass as well. More along the lines of a built swimmer.

boyscouT said:
5' 9"
155 lbs
Don't know my bf%, probably around 15% (I have a swimmers body, broad shoulders, slim waist, but i have a layer of fat that i want to get rid of. I'm decently toned, slim stomach, but nothing rock hard, and not the 'cut physique' i want to achieve.)
currently doing calisthenics & cardio (running)
eating 50 protein, 40 carb, 10 fat (mainly tuna, turkey, power bars, protein bars, protein shakes, whole grains, fruits, lots of water)

Here are the rules of thumb.

To maintain you current muscular status, up to 1/2g of protein per body weight.
So 155lbs eat 72g of protein per day.
If you want to bulk up, 1 gram per body weight.
155lbs =155g of protein in a day.
If you really want gains 2gper body lb of weight but I would not suggest that, I would only suggest that to heavy lifters.

Basically no matter what you do, as long as you exercise you will not lose muscle, unless you cut back on your routines. Or become serverly deficient in what you are eating, or over exert yourself to a point that is not good.

No matter what, (as long as you are not gorging yourself or eating junk food all the time) You will lose body fat and gain muscle. People think that you won't, that you have to eat lots of protein, not true.

You will still gain, it will just take you longer to put on the desired weight, that's all.

boyscouT said:
my ultimate goal is to have a low body fat % (enough to see a 6 pack) and have a good amount of muscle mass as well. More along the lines of a built swimmer.

I have been talking a lot with a friend that just got her degree in Kinesiology, so she knows a lot. She's not a fitness expert but she has answers to all of my questions.

Six packs 10%-15% body fat. Yes this is true.

But, you do need to lift weights in order to develop all of your muscles. You can easily be 12% body fat and not have a six pack if you don't lift weights.

boyscouT said:

I just read all of your above post. You need to incorporate a weight lifting program in oder to developed your muscles so you can see your six pack.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
I just read all of your above post. You need to incorporate a weight lifting program in oder to developed your muscles so you can see your six pack.

I will definately be doing resistance training for my abs. My main priority at this point is getting my body fat % down.

I plan on consuming ~1g of protein / lb, split up in 5-6 meals 20gs, then finally go to sleep right after i drink a 40g shake.

boyscouT said:
I will definately be doing resistance training for my abs. My main priority at this point is getting my body fat % down.

I plan on consuming ~1g of protein / lb, split up in 5-6 meals 20gs, then finally go to sleep right after i drink a 40g shake.

Well exercising your entire body will be more beneficial to "cutting" your abs.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Well exercising your entire body will be more beneficial to "cutting" your abs.

ofcourse, which i am. you didn't ask for my entire body ^^.

SapphirePrima said:
damn, I feel like I'm reading a men's fitness magazine :( :)

Men's fitness magazines have pics.

I couldn't help myself :p.

Alexia Dark said:
Men's fitness magazines have pics.

I couldn't help myself :p.

i'm sure shadow boxing can suffice this need. hopefully i can to, in 2-3 months.

boyscouT said:
i'm sure shadow boxing can suffice this need. hopefully i can to, in 2-3 months.

I would, but then I would just look really arrogant.

Oh, btw worked out arms today.

Did shoulders, biceps, triceps and forearms.

Down to 150/1lbs. Approx 15%-19% body fat.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Oh, btw worked out arms today.

Did shoulders, biceps, triceps and forearms.

Down to 150/1lbs. Approx 15%-19% body fat.

WHere you live?

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Push ups and pull ups are great. Also plyometrics are very good as well. Squats, pull ups are awesome for your back, dips, lunges, jumping lunges. Of course if you really want to gain you will have to lift iron. Unless you can rig things at home, with paint cans, empty milk gallons (filled with eater or sand etc.)

High protien foods are what you want to eat. Tuna, Salmon, Grilled skinless chicken and turkey, lean steaks, natural peanut butter, pork chops. Veggies, fruits, bean, whole wheats.

What's natural peanut butter? Also, as an ectomorph, will creatine help in building muscle? I'm already on a diet plan so I want to do everything possible to get in better shape.

Aside from whey protein and good food, what else should I be eating/drinking???:confused:

Orko Is King said:
What's natural peanut butter? Also, as an ectomorph, will creatine help in building muscle? I'm already on a diet plan so I want to do everything possible to get in better shape.

Umm, natural PB is natural PB. Just go to the super martket go to the isle where they sell PB and look on the labels, it should say all natural or 100% natural PB.

As for creatine as SB about it, he would know more than I do. But it is similar to roids in the manner that you should cycle on and off it in order to keep your gains. Plus from the people I know that have taken it, they disliked it for one reason or another.

I am not saying it is bad at all, but I just wouldn't reccomend it is all. Creatine will not help you get in better shape, it will help you gain mass/strength and some other benefits.

If you really want to get into better shape, start stretching everyday for at least 20 minutes. Take up Yoga. For your cardio instead of just doing something cardio vascular pick up a skill. Boxing, martial arts, basketball, football, soccer, ballet yes I said ballet, try it for a week or two and you will realise how far from being in phenomenal shape you are in. Gymnastics as well, or break dancing.

Or develop useful strength that you can apply instead of just looking good in a mirror. Plyometrics, Isometrics, Isotonics.

Orko Is King said:
Aside from whey protein and good food, what else should I be eating/drinking???:confused:

Water is an obvious, juices that are 100% from the source are very good. V-8 low sodium is great for you. Fish, esp salmon, tuna is good too but for seafood you will want to look into the toxic levels and what amount a month is healthy to eat.

Veggies and fruits are a must for a healthy body and diet. Steak is great for you as well, chicken, tofu, brown rice, oatmeal.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Water is an obvious, juices that are 100% from the source are very good. V-8 low sodium is great for you. Fish, esp salmon, tuna is good too but for seafood you will want to look into the toxic levels and what amount a month is healthy to eat.

Veggies and fruits are a must for a healthy body and diet. Steak is great for you as well, chicken, tofu, brown rice, oatmeal.
they say about an oz of water per kilogram for a inactive person....double for an active

ShadowBoxing said:
they say about an oz of water per kilogram for a inactive person....double for an active

ok so... 150 lb / 2.2kg = 68.2 oz of water.. i drink around 4 L of water a day.. so thats 64 ounces...

so i should be drinking double that?

boyscouT said:
ok so... 150 lb / 2.2kg = 68.2 oz of water.. i drink around 4 L of water a day.. so thats 64 ounces...

so i should be drinking double that?
depending on how active you are yes (120oz should be fine)....space out (and gradually move up to) drinking it though, or else you risk killing yourself from over hydration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"