The Official Hype Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sinewave said:
muscles are for dorks. only a real man can build the perfect beer-gut.
Just like all your favorite superheroes ;)

sorry low blow

I stopped by my local NYSC, to see if they were better than Bally's. They charge $80 a MONTH.

I have a bally's membership at around $100 a YEAR.

sinewave said:
muscles are for dorks. only a real man can build the perfect beer-gut.

No, only a real man can have a six pack and still drink a six pack.

Hey, so no one answered my question. Is anyone here a nutrionist?

ShadowBoxing said:
Just like all your favorite superheroes ;)

sorry low blow

there really aren't enough overweight superheroes, imo.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Hey, so no one answered my question. Is anyone here a nutrionist?
not really....at least I wouldn't be....but whats your nutrition question

ShadowBoxing said:
not really....at least I wouldn't be....but whats your nutrition question

What kind of supplements/vitamins I should be taking. Like I was telling boyscout earlier I had a really good mutli vitamin, but it was too strong. No matter how much water I drank my pee was still furoescent yellow. Looking for something that I can still get my needs from and not light up the bathroom.

Or even better, if there are certain foods I can eat throughout the day that will provide me with all the nutrition I need. But I know this is much harder to do.

What does lighting up the bathroom have to do with your health? Who cares if you light up the bathroom if you're healthier? There's no threat to you in having bright yellow pee.

The supplements you take will depend on what you're trying to accomplish. If you're a beginning lifter, keep things as simple and natural as possible.

Shadowboxing, you've had a lot of great posts in here, but don't forget that there are a number of different strategies that work for a number of different people when it comes to how they structure their workout. I'm not trying to put down a single thing you've said or promoted on here, but not everyone walks in with the same set of circumstances.

Different methods like the Mentzer method and the free-form method have helped me immensely in my weight training.

Bally's is one of the biggest scams on the planet. They lock everyone into long term contracts and have a million little under-written stips.

MakeMineMarvel said:
What does lighting up the bathroom have to do with your health? Who cares if you light up the bathroom if you're healthier? There's no threat to you in having bright yellow pee.

The supplements you take will depend on what you're trying to accomplish. If you're a beginning lifter, keep things as simple and natural as possible.

I never said I mind health wise, it's fine, I just really don't think I need all of that, plus it is somewhat expensive for those vitamins. Not overly but I can defiately find cheaper ones. But I want to make sure I am getting everything I need.

Have you ever had your pee constantly fluroescent yellow? Talk to me when you have :D

MakeMineMarvel said:
Shadowboxing, you've had a lot of great posts in here, but don't forget that there are a number of different strategies that work for a number of different people when it comes to how they structure their workout. I'm not trying to put down a single thing you've said or promoted on here, but not everyone walks in with the same set of circumstances.

Different methods like the Mentzer method and the free-form method have helped me immensely in my weight training.

I agree, everything SB has said can apply to everyone looking for help and advice and taking the right steps to get into shape. But I have also mentioned that different things work for different people. Some people can get excellent results from lifting until failure. Others can get the same results by doing cardio and a incorporating a great isotonic program.

Where as others just follow the one day a few body parts method. It really just depends on what works for you. :D

Great points all around. :up:

Mr. Vengeance said:
Which gyms have the cheapest rates? I need to find a good, cheap gym in NYC.

Your house, no seriously. :D

But if you really are looking into a gym, you should not just take into consideration how much it costs but also other factors.

Location, ease of use, hours you can be there to workout, when or how busy it gets (can you knock out a workout in 1/2 hour to 1 straight or do you have to stand around and wait for weights/machines?). Will you really go consitently?

Yeah, I know there are tons of things I can do with household s**t, and even just calisthenics, but going to a gym is more motivating.

Mr. Vengeance said:
Yeah, I know there are tons of things I can do with household s**t, and even just calisthenics, but going to a gym is more motivating.

Yes this is true, but this is the way I look at it. If you are not motivated enough to do pushups, pulls up and crunches at home, how motivated are you going to be to drive to a gym and workout?

That's just my take on it though. For some going to a gym is a lot more motivating. I would suggest taking into account all of the things I listed then weigh it against cost and the hours the place is open. Some people like Gold's and don't mind the cost. Others like 24 since it's open, 24 hours. Others like the cheapest place.

So look around.

Mr. Vengeance said:
Bally's really only charges about $100 a year?? Poppycock!

No, they actually charge ALOT. The reason why my membership is ~$100 a year is because my mom got a Bally membership first thing when she came to America. Her being a member for around 20 years now, gives her offspring numerous privileges at Ballys ^^.

You're from the NYC area? I live in queens bro. If you decide to get a Ballys membership, we could workout together sometime. I always have room for an extra spotter.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
I never said I mind health wise, it's fine, I just really don't think I need all of that, plus it is somewhat expensive for those vitamins. Not overly but I can defiately find cheaper ones. But I want to make sure I am getting everything I need.

Have you ever had your pee constantly fluroescent yellow? Talk to me when you have :D

The multi-vitamin I take is from a company that grows all of their stuff organically and owns the airspace over the land they grow on, as well as going through FDA checks that aren't even necessary. The ingredients are far beyond what you find in most multi's and the pills are compressed as opposed to coming in gels. My pee is always fluroescent yellow. But I also haven't had as much as a cold in the last year and a half. I would say that's worth it.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
So no one around here is a nutrionist huh?
I'm not a certified nutritionist, but I have experience as an GM of a large gym in Chicago. I also have experience in the areas of going from 210 to 270 with 6.5% bodyfat.

Nutritionist are good at delivering balanced diets but often suggest things that make you look like the average, healthy American, and not the Superjoe Stud a lot of guys want to be.

MakeMineMarvel said:
I'm not a certified nutritionist, but I have experience as an GM of a large gym in Chicago. I also have experience in the areas of going from 210 to 270 with 6.5% bodyfat.

Nutritionist are good at delivering balanced diets but often suggest things that make you look like the average, healthy American, and not the Superjoe Stud a lot of guys want to be.

jeeze... :up:

ps: how do you suggest i lower my body fat while keeping my muscle mass, and hopefully increasing muscle mass while keeping a low body fat %?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"