Sequels The Official Jason White Thread

The Kid

AMERICA FTW
Reaction score
Let's try this again since my last jason thread was closed for noooooooo reason. :cmad:

This time I know it will stay open.

1. This has never been discussed here before.
2. It's going to generate good discussion.
3. I'm not drunk

So let's do this.

What I would like to discuss today with my friends at the hype is the possibility of a custody battle over the best character ever, Jason Lane White Kent. He has, as you all know, no idea who his real daddy is, but as lois disovered on that boat during the great "piano chucking incident" the daddy is supes. Now, let's get down to business.

Richard is legally the boy's daddy, I believe. Well... I guess... cuz I don't know how that works. Do you fathers out there have to sign a paper that says you are legally a parent and all that? i know my uncle did that for me when I was in his custody... he had to sign a paper that legally made him responsible for me etc...

So I figure that Richard might not want Superman to be involved with his son's upbringing. This is interesting stuff. What will superman do now?

We all sat there for a loooong time watchnig superman save a plane and then get beaten and then go lift a huge chunk of rock in to space and then go to the hospital and rest a bit before going to his kid's house and repeating his own father's last words to his son that he said because he was going to die, but of course superman's not going to die. He's "always around!" so I guess he was just saying brando's words to be spiritual and all that...

Anyway what's supey going to do? Should he fight for his boy? Certainly he would have discovered Lois' son was his eventually whether she told him or not. Sure it'd be a surprise but I'm more than sure he'd want to raise his boy, not let some other guy do it.

On the other side of the coin is Richard. He thinks the kid is his! :wow: UH oh... When he finds out that his little troopers didn't quite swim as fast as a speeding bullet, there's so much emotionally that he'll need to endure now that he's been REALLY put in the ring with Superman contending for Lois. Before he had the edge of being Lois' kid's pappa. uh uh not anymore, bub....

So I'm thinking perhaps that'll ignite his jealously of supes even more and he'll try to keep Jason from him, and that nice guy we all thought was nice and cool will become the jealous stalker guy instead who trys to keep jason from supes. :cmad:

This is great drama. People don't see how much potential there is for interesting drama here, I swear. Imagine jason having so many issues after the trials about being different and an outcast that can be explored... Kids at school will hang him on scarecrows and paint an S on his chest, and he'll be hesitant to play sports now with his powers.

And Part of him will want to be with supes, and the other part of him will want to be with Richard.

Who will he be with? That's the question!

And so now I leave it up to you to decide, speculate upon, whatever... go nuts...:dew:

Anything's possible... any other ideas?

Well, let's summarise: Superman screwed Lois - Lois screwed Richard - Luthor screwed Superman - and Singer screwed pretty much all Fans

Now, if we follow the logic from the movie - anything that would happen in our world isn't going to happen, cause that actually would make sense - and so Supes either just leaves Jason alone or spys on him untill Richard is annoyed enough to leave Lois. Then he pulls a Robin on him and takes Jason in for some superhero training once he's 18 and totally confused with his life. (Superhero in training!)

Really, whatever happens now - it's gonna be campy, cheesy, corny - in short: Welcome back to the 60s!

:word: Thank you Bryan. :word:

--> I wonder if Adam West will play ZOD so Supes and Jason can battle him? ...

I agree. THANK YOU, BRYAN!!!:woot:

supes23lw1.jpg

Excellent manip -- ha ha ha -- I love it. Shouldn't the kid have lace-up boots?

But seriously, Supes can always fly super fast counterclockwise around the world back to the point when he got naked with Lois and.. and put on a rubber. Remember kids, play safe!

i agree with Wesyeed & Lionel Luthor

there's just GOING TO BE A WHOLE LOT OF CHEESY, CAMPY MESS
if the franchise goes on after what has transpired in Superman Returns
not only about the kid....

-there's Luthor...so after the first movie, he'll eventually be a fugitive...a fugitive who isnt as sly as the corporate Luthor who knows how to believably pull off something that wil keep him off the hands of the law and/or have a believable hideaway where he can develop weapons for his revenge with Supes. of course, after the events in SR, the govt will go ballistic in finding Luthor, the Luthor in SR seems like just a smalltime hassler who doesnt have enough capacity to con the government...he's nothing...he's a ranting smart-a$$ stuck in a small desert island

heh

well guys don't underestimate the power of Jason.

He's in this to be the new Harry Potter for WB. They figure super powered kids are popular nowadays. So maybe it's good for supes to have his own Harry potter.

The question I have is will Richard let Superman teach Harry about his magic powers and true heritage?

Kid_Kaos said:
Well, let's summarise: Superman screwed Lois - Lois screwed Richard - Luthor screwed Superman - and Singer screwed pretty much all Fans
The circle is complete.

Richard & Lois will raise Jason and they will let Superman spend time with him as well....one big happy family. No Jason becoming Superman's mini me or side kick...just his son.

I very much disaprove of Richard continuing to parent Jason.

1. He's not the boy's biological father.
2. It's an insult to Superman's parental skill
3. He'll feel inadequate considering the boy's father is freakin superman.
4. Lois will dump him and go back to the man of steel instead of the man of flesh
5. I've seen the Notebook
6. Jason kisses his real daddy so he probably likes him more anyway
7. Richard doesn't know how to raise alien babies
8. and superman > richard
9. He reminds me of a washed up Robin
10. And he's cyclops, come on.

Wesyeed said:
I very much disaprove of Richard continuing to parent Jason.

1. He's not the boy's biological father.
2. It's an insult to Superman's parental skill
3. He'll feel inadequate considering the boy's father is freakin superman.
4. Lois will dump him and go back to the man of steel instead of the man of flesh
5. I've seen the Notebook
6. Jason kisses his real daddy so he probably likes him more anyway
7. Richard doesn't know how to raise alien babies
8. and superman > richard
9. He reminds me of a washed up Robin
10. And he's cyclops, come on.

1. Men raise other men's babies in the real world all the time.
2. Don't see how...he will be able to spend time with Jason and help in his upbringing.
3.I don't see Richard as that type of guy...I see him and Superman being friends.
4. I sure hope not...I would rather she be with Richard in these movies now...they are good together.
5. Whats your point?
6. So him kissing Superman in his hospital bed means he likes Superman more? I hope you are joking.
7. Pa Kent didn't know how to raise an alien baby either and he did a fine job with Clark...Jason will most likely turn out to be a good kid and adult who is hard working like Richard.
8. Superman is greater then all men...whats your point?
9. Don't see how...after Dick Grayson stops being Robin he becomes Nightwing.
10. No he is the actor who played Cyclops....did you see Spacey as Lex or Kaiser Sose as Lex?

This is a great discussion. :woot:

Venom71 said:
1. Men raise other men's babies in the real world all the time.
2. Don't see how...he will be able to spend time with Jason and help in his upbringing.
3.I don't see Richard as that type of guy...I see him and Superman being friends.
4. I sure hope not...I would rather she be with Richard in these movies now...they are good together.
5. Whats your point?
6. So him kissing Superman in his hospital bed means he likes Superman more? I hope you are joking.
7. Pa Kent didn't know how to raise an alien baby either and he did a fine job with Clark...Jason will most likely turn out to be a good kid and adult who is hard working like Richard.
8. Superman is greater then all men...whats your point?
9. Don't see how...after Dick Grayson stops being Robin he becomes Nightwing.
10. No he is the actor who played Cyclops....did you see Spacey as Lex or Kaiser Sose as Lex?

This is a great discussion. :woot:

1. Men raise other men's kids when the biological dad is dead or the child is given a way for adoption. Jason's dad was thought to be Dick, but Lois was full of **** and he's back so Supes WILL take the helm from here.
2. He could but he doesn't have to. So forget that. He'll be at the beach sipping on some mango juice with some hot chicks now while supes takes over like i said before.
3. Are you friends with your wife's ex lover? no. they'll be enemies and Dick won't stand a chance against freakin superman.
4. Richard's got nothing left now that supes has wrecked his home.
5. Go rent the Notebook.
6. If I kissed you, what would that mean???
7. Pa Kent died trying to raise an alien baby. See what happens?
8. He's greater than all men. What's your point in asking what's my point?
9. And after he stopped being Nightwing he moved to Metropolis and somehow became related to Perry white. Anything's possible. It's comics.
10. yes i saw lex as Kaisewyerey whatever that name is.

This is the best discussion on hype. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Kid_Kaos said:
Now, if we follow the logic from the movie - anything that would happen in our world isn't going to happen, cause that actually would make sense - and so Supes either just leaves Jason alone or spys on him untill Richard is annoyed enough to leave Lois. Then he pulls a Robin on him and takes Jason in for some superhero training once he's 18 and totally confused with his life. (Superhero in training!)

Really, whatever happens now - it's gonna be campy, cheesy, corny - in short: Welcome back to the 60s!

Post of the Month right here, folks!

Lionel Luthor said:
Yes Jason needs to be erased from existance somehow.

I posted it in the film board, but easy answer: Red Sun chamber in the Fortress.

Jason still alive? Check. No threat of "Son of Superman" down the line, no matter what Wesyeed is pushing for? Super-Duper Double-Check on that one!

Wesyeed said:
1. Men raise other men's kids when the biological dad is dead or the child is given a way for adoption. Jason's dad was thought to be Dick, but Lois was full of **** and he's back so Supes WILL take the helm from here.
And I still say they all can live happily ever after..one big family.
2. He could but he doesn't have to. So forget that. He'll be at the beach sipping on some mango juice with some hot chicks now while supes takes over like i said before.
Nah...Superman and Richard will be good buds..it is a comic book movie you know.
3. Are you friends with your wife's ex lover? no. they'll be enemies and Dick won't stand a chance against freakin superman.
Don't have an ex wife but I would like to think if I did I would be mature enough to understand things didn't work out between me and my wife...and that I could be friends with my ex'x new husband.
4. Richard's got nothing left now that supes has wrecked his home.
I don't recall seeing Superman wreck Richard's home in SR....did you see a different version?
5. Go rent the Notebook.
I might just add it to my Netflix queue :yay:
6. If I kissed you, what would that mean???
I hope I never find out....and my guess is Jason has hugged and kissed his father Richard also..so that really is not a good point.
7. Pa Kent died trying to raise an alien baby. See what happens?
Not in Lois & Clark :woot:
8. He's greater than all men. What's your point in asking what's my point?
I agree with you on this..because it is fun!
9. And after he stopped being Nightwing he moved to Metropolis and somehow became related to Perry white. Anything's possible. It's comics.[
Yeah..not seeing that at all..sorry.
10. yes i saw lex as Kaisewyerey whatever that name is.
I seen Lex Luthor on that screen..not Spacey or Sose

This is the best discussion on hype. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
Don't know the answer to that either.

Venom71 said:
And I still say they all can live happily ever after..one big family.

Unfortunately that won't be the case. Name me one woman who has two husbands and then get back to me.

Nah...Superman and Richard will be good buds..it is a comic book movie you know.

Buds like wolverine and Cyclops? That was a comic book movie you know.:whatever:

Don't have an ex wife but I would like to think if I did I would be mature enough to understand things didn't work out between me and my wife...and that I could be friends with my ex'x new husband.

You'd sit and grab a beer with the guy doing your wife? Ok...

I don't recall seeing Superman wreck Richard's home in SR....did you see a different version?

Superman is exposed to be the father of jason. So when Richard discovers this. Home = Wrecked. It happens all the time on General Hospital. Check it out.

I might just add it to my Netflix queue :yay:

You'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

I hope I never find out....and my guess is Jason has hugged and kissed his father Richard also..so that really is not a good point.

Notice how you have to say "guess". You keep guessing. I'll keep knowing the fact that Jason kisses supes.

Not in Lois & Clark :woot:

Let's make the sequel based on Lois & Clark, then. :yay:

I agree with you on this..because it is fun!

The fun's just beginning.

Yeah..not seeing that at all..sorry.

Well some people have more of an imagination than others.

I seen Lex Luthor on that screen..not Spacey or Sose

I saw spacey as hackman and sose.

Don't know the answer to that either.

:hyper:
:heart:

Whatever happens, Singer has already ruled out Jason being a superhero. He was asked in an interview if Jason could end up being like a Robin and Singer said he certainly won't let that happen. It would alter the Superman mythology too much.

Kid_Kaos said:

Immortalfire said:
The circle is complete.

Indeed....
Kid_Kaos said:
Well, let's summarise: Superman screwed Lois - Lois screwed Richard - Luthor screwed Superman - and Singer screwed pretty much all Fans!
Well said. :ninja:

Richard has no legal rights to Jason. Despite the fact that he has raised him, no blood = no rights.

If Lois and Supes decided to keep Jason from Richard, he couldn't even get visitation.

Due to Superman's....different...life style (constant Supervillian attacks, mortal peril to those around him, etc)... and lack of involvement with Jason for the first 5 years of his life, he would probably get supervised visitation at first (Supervision would probably be Lois).

He may gradually move into unsupervised visitation.

Lois would retain full custodial rights.

hypeSUPERMAN said:
He was asked in an interview if Jason could end up being like a Robin and Singer said he certainly won't let that happen. It would alter the Superman mythology too much.

Singer has lied flat out to fans faces during production of SR. He can be doing the same here. Honestly I dont think you can trust Singer or anyone on the team / WB with what they say.. They have prooved they are willing to lie to hide certain things. I know I wont be trusting any word said by anyone on the production of the sequel

hypeSUPERMAN said:
Whatever happens, Singer has already ruled out Jason being a superhero. He was asked in an interview if Jason could end up being like a Robin and Singer said he certainly won't let that happen. It would alter the Superman mythology too much.
Yeah, we wouldn't want to disappoint Richard Donner :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"