Sequels The Official Jason White Thread

The kid had purpose and can still have major purpose. Superman has something in his life currently that he never had in the comics before. They can use that to great effect to tell stories that the comics could never tell. That's why the comics are greatly hindered. They have to keep everything timeless and static.

Nothing can progress naturally like it would in real time. It took how long for Lois and Superman to marry in the books? At this rate, I'll be filing for social security around the time they get around to popping one out in Action Comics. This stuff can and should be dealt with further in the sequel. It was an introduction that irritated some people and typically has to do with their morality issues with Superman which I've discussed around here ad nauseum with several of the more passionate locals.

The more and more I think about it, I love the kid and I love the direction because it forces them to deal with something other than a cut-and-dried style of superhero film and forces direct continuity with SR instead of SII, SIII, and SIV which didn't do jack to play off of each other but were interchangeable stories. The thing that pissed me off royally about the original films is that Superman II ended with the biggest wuss-out of all time. Super...KISS?!?

Yes his purpose was to reinforce a view that Superman was not alone, this is something I believe was not needed. Superman loves earth and feels like its his home and his one of them. As opposed to Singers isolated creepy Superman who longs for an alien friend.

Jason as a character was only brought in to SR to establish that Superman was not alone on earth as once he had been. He was in search of a more meaningfull life outside of being a hero, hense why he left for krypton but he ended up finding out that the connection he always wanted was on earth all along in the form of his son. there is no need for Jason's existance storywise anymore. I feel in the sequel he should just be another secondary character like Jimmy & Perry. No need to do anything special with him. Just have him interact with the story around him just like anyone else. I think with Richard all you have to do is have it that he & Lois found they weren't right for each other & went thier seperate ways, ppl grow apart all the time, why should they be any different?. Richard would be cool with it as his character in SR established a very selfless man, a good man. Richard would still be at the daily planet with Lois & Clark & have a good relationship with all & from there start MOS.

Steve

Well said.

Jason will be with his MOM. More than a White or a member of the House of El, he is Lane's boy. Lois would probably break off with both of em and raise the kid on her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"