Sequels The Official Kate Bosworth As Lois Lane Thread

evangiline lilly or rachel mcadams for lois if kate leaves but i hope she doesnt

I couldnt agree Evangiline Lilly is my first choice for Lois Lane but i am glad she wasnt involved with that crap film, perhaps when they trully make a real Superman film she will be involved but Alas that seems to be a dream of a dream.

Only if Bosworth marries some scientology nut who calls TV news hosts names and talks about eating placenta...

Only if Bosworth marries some scientology nut who calls TV news hosts names and talks about eating placenta...
And jumps up & down on couches when he isn't bad-mouthing a certain 6-foot tall actress simply because she admitted to using prescription drugs to overcome post-partum depression.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=1369

With the news that Katie Holmes is being replaced but the character of Rachel Dawes remains, this begs the question...would it be possible to replace Lois?

Personally I had no problem with Kate's look or her acting as Lois. I think she was decent, she didn't sparkle nor did she choke. I do know however there are many that believe otherwise. Is it possible to replace her? Would it make sense? That being said, could other characters be replaced? Perry White? Kitty? Jason? Again, I am not saying they should be but I would be interested in all thoughts on all characters.

Bosworth needs to address her eating disorder. If she doesn't think she has one, then she's in denail, end of discussion, pass the cheeseburgers.

Lauren Graham might have made a good Lois Lane.

250px-Lauren_Graham_actress.jpg

LMAO, milf from Gilmore Girls? Who's going to be her Clark Kent, Micheal Douglas?

Why not just cast Bea Arthur and some polygrip...

I actually wanted Posey for Lois at one point, she was one of my top choices. I don't think there was any type of union deal, I think Spacey influenced Singer and I think this influenced his decision. I actually liked Kerri Russel for the role or the girl from House, but there is no question considering those other two candidates he was going for a certain look and this type of potrayal of Lois.

I remember on one of the SR documentaries on the dvd that Keri was a candidate (jj Abrabs was mentioned, but not Keri by name) when Singer and co were watching Kate's audition tape.
If Kate did leave and WB wanted an actress similar looking, they could just go and cast Jacinda Barrett.

Imagine if Frank Langella was cast as Luthur instead of Spacey.....

to replace singer and his two lovely sidekicks would be more welcoming & appropriate.

just because you're signed to a multipicture deal does not mean they'll have you back. they may transfer the contract on to other films. I think they did that with Ed Norton once, I can't remember which; he had a multipicture deal for something (maybe just with the studio) and he ended up having to do a film he didn't want to since he was contractually obligated. and George Clooney had a multipicture deal for WB. he sure as hell didn't play Batman again.

As a fan of the Superman franchise(except Superman III and Superman IV) I thought that last year's Superman Return's Lois Lane was... boring and you don't even give a darn what happens to her(not belaming Kate Bosworth) and so I think it's time for a change. I think that Jennifer Connelly should play the role who Lois Lane in the next Superman movie. She's got alot of experience in acting and looks alot like the Lois Lane from the first Superman movie. Who agrees that Jennifer Connelly should play Lois Lane in the next Superman movie(or as I like to call it: The Man of Steel)?

She's been discussed a thousand times. She's too old for Routh.

Personally, I think they should keep Bosworth. They just need to write her more like Lois Lane. Lois having a kid is something most comic fans never even thought of and it certainly would change how a person acts, but she'd still call him "Smallville" and stuff in that vain.

The main problem with the Bosworth thing is that she and Routh had no chemistry. Chemistry is something you can't just recast for no matter how hard you try.

P.S. Anyone else notice how fans always complain about the female leads in all the movies. Bosworth, Dunst, Berry, and Holmes.

She's been discussed a thousand times. She's too old for Routh.

Personally, I think they should keep Bosworth. They just need to write her more like Lois Lane. Lois having a kid is something most comic fans never even thought of and it certainly would change how a person acts, but she'd still call him "Smallville" and stuff in that vain.

The main problem with the Bosworth thing is that she and Routh had no chemistry. Chemistry is something you can't just recast for no matter how hard you try.

P.S. Anyone else notice how fans always complain about the female leads in all the movies. Bosworth, Dunst, Berry, and Holmes.
That makes alot of sense, and I know that Kate Bosworth was just following the script that she had been given and maybe they shouldn't change actors/actresses, just get different writers. Cause the ones that were writing Superman Returns probally missed the part where Lois knew that Clark was Superman(unless she has long term memory loss).

As a fan of the Superman franchise(except Superman III and Superman IV) I thought that last year's Superman Return's Lois Lane was... boring and you don't even give a darn what happens to her(not belaming Kate Bosworth) and so I think it's time for a change. I think that Jennifer Connelly should play the role who Lois Lane in the next Superman movie. She's got alot of experience in acting and looks alot like the Lois Lane from the first Superman movie. Who agrees that Jennifer Connelly should play Lois Lane in the next Superman movie(or as I like to call it: The Man of Steel)?

I just have on thing to say. Don't pick an actor/actress because they look like someone else who played the part. It doesn't matter how much a person looks like someone else both actors could have completely different styles. Just wanted to put that out there. A good example would be Routh to Reeve. Reeve played the part well. Routh was picked because he looked like Reeve. It didn't necessarily mean he knew how to do it.

I just have on thing to say. Don't pick an actor/actress because they look like someone else who played the part. It doesn't matter how much a person looks like someone else both actors could have completely different styles. Just wanted to put that out there. A good example would be Routh to Reeve. Reeve played the part well. Routh was picked because he looked like Reeve. It didn't necessarily mean he knew how to do it.
That's true!

Do you know the age differential between Jennifer Connelly and Brandon Routh?

Btw, most actresses who were in contention for the part: Evangeline Lilly, Natalie Portman, and Claire Danes -- are older than Routh. The only person who falls in the same age-range is Elisha Cuthbert, but she's a little too young to play the role.

Do you know the age differential between Jennifer Connelly and Brandon Routh?

Btw, most actresses who were in contention for the part: Evangeline Lilly, Natalie Portman, and Claire Danes -- are older than Routh. The only person who falls in the same age-range is Elisha Cuthbert, but she's a little too young to play the role.

Get sombody older then Routh:oldrazz:

people do know that the 70's were different times right? thats why lois looked so old. in 2006 they can all look young. they can find an actress who is 5 years older ...but that doesnt mean that in second sequel she will look to old. for christ sake look at the actresses who are 40 in LA.

a new actress or kate should gain more muscles.

Even when roles are cast, we still have casting threads...

If not Kate Bosworth, Jen Morrison is the only replacement I could deal with.

She looks alot like Kate's Lois (making a smooth transition).

But regardless of who's playing Lois, it all depends on how its written. Kate's Lois was written to be what you consider 'boring' and any other actress would still have to work with the specifics of what was laid out for her.

The key to making Lois more popular in the sequel isnt recasting Kate Bosworth, but reworking the personality of her character.

people do know that the 70's were different times right? thats why lois looked so old. in 2006 they can all look young. they can find an actress who is 5 years older ...but that doesnt mean that in second sequel she will look to old. for christ sake look at the actresses who are 40 in LA.

a new actress or kate should gain more muscles.

Why in the world would she need muscles?

Why in the world would she need muscles?
my dear friend you are still young. when you get older you will undrerstand that the difference between kate bosworth and for example J.lo is not only fat. J.lo has more muscles on her bones. and with some fat she looks bigger. kate is not skinnny because she has no fat. actually she has some fat under the skin. the problem is the lack of muscles on her bones.
muscles is what kate needs. than you gave her a little mexican food and you have a good lois lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"