• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Kevin Durand/Blob Discussion Thread

I'd liked to see Durand as Blob again. Maybe in X-Men: First Class (in Magneto's first mutant gang or something) or in Deadpool. This movie made me into a Blob fan.

Last edited:
on the killing blob debate
idk, if he did or not, but, i'd say given the time frame from when we last saw him, it didn't seem like he had would of had time too

I guess, if he when there first, found blob, blob took him that he sent them after gambit telling him where to find him, then he kills blob, and leaves, to go find them, maybe

also, though, off topic...
was just thinking about it, and I have a new thoery on blob getting fat, since he knew they where tacking down mutants for they powers, or maybe he could of even found out he was a potential candidate for the project...
knowing he couldn't run of hiden from them if they wanted him, it was that only thing he could think of to protect himself

Last edited:
Did anyone else think Kevin Durand did a damn good job given what he had to work with?

Surprisingly, I enjoyed Durand. I thought I would hate Blob, but I didn't. Granted, I disliked the sparring session between Blob and Wolverine, as I thought it was cheesy, but I liked Durand.

Me too, I thought the way he delivered his lines were perfect; "the tank?"...."I got it", and his "buuuut" when staring at Logan's claws.

on the killing blob debate
idk, if he did or not, but, i'd say given the time frame from when we last saw him, it didn't seem like he had would of had time too

I guess, if he when there first, found blob, blob took him that he sent them after gambit telling him where to find him, then he kills blob, and leaves, to go find them, maybe

also, though, off topic...
was just thinking about it, and I have a new thoery on blob getting fat, since he knew they where tacking down mutants for they powers, or maybe he could of even found out he was a potential candidate for the project...
knowing he couldn't run of hiden from them if they wanted him, it was that only thing he could think of to protect himself

I think he did end up being killed, i recall Sabretooth making an off hand comment when talking to Wraith which really implied that he did.

Me too, I thought the way he delivered his lines were perfect; "the tank?"...."I got it", and his "buuuut" when staring at Logan's claws.
His "Hey! Guess what!? *pause* *PUNCH!* was hilarious :hehe:

What comment was made by Sabretooth that 'implied' Blob was to die?? I watched it once, so I really don't remember.

What comment was made by Sabretooth that 'implied' Blob was to die?? I watched it once, so I really don't remember.
Creed said something-"Dukes" right after Wraith mentioned not being afraid of anyone in a creepy black coat.

Wraith said he was not scared of a guy in a creepy black suit, and Creed replies: "Really? It worked on Dukes".

And did anyone else got the impression Blob spend some time on the Island based on his reaction when Wolverine brought the subject up?

Na I don't think Creed killed Dukes. I think he was just implying that he scared Dukes into not talking or whatever.

And yea I thought Blob was funny. I loved that part JaD mentions. "Hey, guess what!" BANG! :hehe:

I agree that Dukes was scared into submission like a 2nd rate bad guy, that he really was( in the comics anyway ) ;)

I do think movie Dukes is better....I liked that he was in shape before becoming the Blob. I always thought the whole "his power comes from his fat" was stupid.

im still shaking my head at the inclusion of Blob in this movie... of all the people in the X universe they went with Blob? i mean why??? he needed to be in any of the 3 X films as Magnetos lacky not as sum bad ass merc who was part of a secret team lmao r u kidding me???

I wouldnt consider him as a badass. Not like Wade, Wolvie, and Victor. He was a meathead, an easily manipulated individual. Someone who wasnt too quick on the upkeep but could throw his weight around.

How long do you guys think it's gonna take for them to make comic Blob more like movie Blob?

I wouldnt consider him as a badass. Not like Wade, Wolvie, and Victor. He was a meathead, an easily manipulated individual. Someone who wasnt too quick on the upkeep but could throw his weight around.

He doesn't seem like someone who could be easily manipulated to me but rather someone who's all about kicking ass. And I found nothing wrong with having the Blob in the movie, but I kind of wish it was a completely new character so that they could've done more with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"