Days of Future Past Does the lack of continuity make the films better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhayes

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm just curious.

I mean even between the first 3 films there are continuity errors. lots of em...

but the combination of continuity errors introduced in orgins and orgins sucking really bad just as a movie messed things up even more.

and to fix up the mess made by orgins, they created First Class which was a great sci-fi film and so on..but introduced even more continuity errors.

it looks like The Wolverine and DOFP will correct some things.

but other franchises like the DC Movie Universe or the Marvel Movie universe could not survive having a bad film in it's lineup like orgins.

because it looks like The Wolverine was shot as a Rated R movie but they edited it in such a way to obtain a PG-13 raging because a unrated bloody version will be released on dvd according to Mangold - which is a good thing.

and Days of Future Past looks to be like it will be a game-changer. I'm only worried that Bishop (Omar Sy) will have a french accent and that he won't be american the way he was in the comics and the animated series.

But does the loose and contradictory timeline make things better. Because it seems like with each film they change around the continuity to tell the story they want to tell.

there is a part of me that wants a reboot but there is another side of me that wishes it could be more consistent both in quality and in continuity

Thread to delete, we have a lot talk about continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"