The OFFICIAL Mac User Support Thread - Part 2

I'm running Lion.

User library..?

I'll try it tomorrow.

Thanks

Were you able to find the user library? If not...

1. On the menu bar, you should see "Go".

2. Hold option, then click go, or vice versa.

3. The hidden user library should appear.

BAH - Sorry for the late report..always appreciated your help...Safari seems to be running A o-kay now......Thanks!

Concerning my Powermac G4 - lately i've been getting the clouded screen, then everything freezes up and then the message "you need to restart you computer......."

Should i be worried?

Clouded screen? Do you mean kernel panic?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3742

This?

And possibly, the PM G4 actually have an amazing reputation for being tanks, but it may have an issue with the RAM, HD or MLB.

Yep, that's it Kernal panic. It's done it 3 times in the last 2 days.

I used disk Utility to repair the disks, but 1 out of the 4 HD i have, the repair disk button is un-available..:confused:

Another Kernal panic..:cmad: that's 4 in a matter of days. It's def triggered by being Online. I'm wondering if Safari is the cause? Would re-setting my hard drive back to the factory settings with the OS X disk help? I have 4 drives, and all my valuable files are backed up on the other drives aside rom my start up disk......

Last edited:
Was it just me or the site went down for a minute

Quick question:
What can I do with an issue I've been having the last week? I'm on a MacBook and again for the last week, when using Safari, for certain sites I'll get the message not connected to the internet, site can't be verified, or site disrupted, or can't load. Example I can go to yahoo with no issues, but going to google will provide me with one of those messages. Or I'll go to a site where I need to sign in and something similar happens. I can get to the site but trying to login will cause the above to happen. I've actually had multiple windows opened and my connection will show its connected on the site that loads normally on one window, while the one that won't load will show its disconnected---so confused...

I'm no tech person, and so far, the few topics I've seen that were similar I've Emptied Cache and Reset Safari and that hasn't helped...
Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Try the site with a different browser. If you still have the issue, change your DNS to something like GoogleDNS or OpenDNS

Try the site with a different browser. If you still have the issue, change your DNS to something like GoogleDNS or OpenDNS

No problemo, & thanks.

Will update when I can.

So my family owns an iMac, and for the past couple weeks it's been just suddenly shutting down when we're working on it. There's no warning, no glitches, it just powers down. Subsequently when you push the power button, it doesn't respond. I've tried taking out the card at the bottom and putting it back in several times, still no response. Anyone have any ideas what's going on and what we can do about it?

So my family owns an iMac, and for the past couple weeks it's been just suddenly shutting down when we're working on it. There's no warning, no glitches, it just powers down. Subsequently when you push the power button, it doesn't respond. I've tried taking out the card at the bottom and putting it back in several times, still no response. Anyone have any ideas what's going on and what we can do about it?

I assume you got this fixed, or got a new one Godsfireworks. But just taking a stab, I would assume it was the power supply, mother board (main logic board) or the SMC needed to be reset. Sorry if this is of zero help.

Personally I just hate I can't store stuff on my external HDD because it was setup for windows and I'd need to format or at least partition the thing to even try to use it. For that I'd need a windows system, which I don't have because it broke and I'm using a mac instead. Grr. :argh:

Kevan, how much room are you working with/do you need? You know that Macs can read from windows formatted HDs? If you have enough room, you could move your data over onto your Mac from the external HD, format it, then move all of your data back over.

If not you can use cloud based accounts, a lot slower I know, but it could always work. Also, I have another solution for you if you'd like to hear, but it would probably ahem, make more sense, if I sent you a pm. :)

I assume maybe you got everything worked out Kevan?

Eh, not really. Im just considering doing a backup to my 2tb HDD for my macbook so if it dies I won't lose all my writing.

Did you see my post above? Do you think you have enough room to work with? Or would an online cloud storage work?

Sorry about not answering sooner but I kind of forgot about the thread but I found out why I have no space. My HDD is 120gb and I have something called a sparse disk image bundle taking up 72+gb. I get that it's like a disk image (still figuring out how macs work btw) but it's taking up a massive amount of my HDD. Anyway to try and at least slim it down? I'd like more than 15 gb to work with. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"