The Official Madden 07 thread

Mr. Vice

Sidekick
Reaction score
First screens at
http://www.easports.com/madden07/home.jsp

932189_73926_front.jpg

YAY! exactly like the last 5 versions.

Is Madden not going to announce again in favor of stupid local redneck announcers again? Are they still keeping out all the features so they can "rebuild"? Oh well, at least this year they aren't showing fake screen shots and are just admitting that the graphics are no where near what the next generation should be.

When were they planning to drop the "Madden" name again?

I hated 06 for the 360. I haven't played it in 9 years.

^ that's funny, considering the 360's only been out for about six months.;)

I'm pretty excited for the Wii version. All the others most likely won't have enough of an update for me. Madden '04 was great, '05 was decent... '06 was crap, specially for 360. I know it was rushed, but I came to a conclusion. Even if the game was rushed, it woulda looked maybe slightly better (if at all), with a few more features I'd probably never play with.

At least the Wii version will be bringing something new to the table. I'm all for something new.

I always get excited about Madden. Sometimes I hold off on purchasing it to see how it stacks up against the previous version, but more often that not, I pick it up. It sucks that EA basically sucked the life out of all other competition though (damn exclusivity agreement).

The real question about this year's Madden is whether or not Shawn Alexander is screwed by being on the cover.

Im looking forward to Madden. I always do. Last year was a dissapointment, ill be the first to admit that. Thats also why im slightly nervous about this years game. Im confident that EA will put back all the missing features that were absent from last years game, but that doesnt mean it will be good. I think there are some key animation and gameplay aspects that need fixing. For one, the running animations HAVE to be improved, they were horrible last year, running the ball felt wayyy to stiff. EA has the ability to make a great football game for the Xbox 360, they just need to refine certain aspects of ther game.

ProjectPat2280 said:
Im looking forward to Madden. I always do. Last year was a dissapointment, ill be the first to admit that. Thats also why im slightly nervous about this years game. Im confident that EA will put back all the missing features that were absent from last years game, but that doesnt mean it will be good. I think there are some key animation and gameplay aspects that need fixing. For one, the running animations HAVE to be improved, they were horrible last year, running the ball felt wayyy to stiff. EA has the ability to make a great football game for the Xbox 360, they just need to refine certain aspects of ther game.

But why put in the extra effort when you don't have to. That's how EA thinks. :o

hippie_hunter said:
But why put in the extra effort when you don't have to. That's how EA thinks. :o

Yea if Madden 07(360) is like Madden 06(360), then im gonna have to agree with you.

If it's like a FULL madden game, but for the 360, I may consider picking it up.

isn't there supposed to be the espn license in use in the 2007 version?

also, checked out some of the screens.

terribly underwhelming.

perhaps ps3 may have better visuals?

regardless if its better graphics then 06 on the 360. with it comming out on all the new gen platforms... its gonna be another uber-popular hit

i hate madden. it's what can tear friendships apart.

i lost a controller to madden and nearly lost a best friend because he played it for 10 hours a day and acted like a *****e bag when i played him.

The Riddler said:
also, checked out some of the screens.

terribly underwhelming.

perhaps ps3 may have better visuals?

LOL......IT KILLS ME HOW PEOPLE THINK THE 'PS3' WILL JUST MAGICALLY HAVE BETTER LOOKING GAMES, THAT ARE CROSS-PLATFORM. 'EA' ISN'T GOING TO EXPEND ANY ENERGY TRYING TO UNLOCK SOME "HIDDEN POWERS" THAT THE 'PS3' MAY HAVE (BUT LIKELY DOESN'T), TO ENHANCE THE GRAPHICS, WHEN THE DIFFERENCE WOULDN'T BE DISCERNABLE. :rolleyes:

It would make more sense if Hines Ward was on the box.....I understand that Alexander was the "NFL MVP" but that's two years in a row that the losers of the Super Bowl get the cover.

Hines Ward goes to Disney World, Shawn Alexander gets to be on the cover of a sub-par Football game that fell from grace years ago.

...Ok, now it DOES make sense.

VaderRISE said:
It would make more sense if Hines Ward was on the box.....I understand that Alexander was the "NFL MVP" but that's two years in a row that the losers of the Super Bowl get the cover.

Hines Ward goes to Disney World, Shawn Alexander gets to be on the cover of a sub-par Football game that fell from grace years ago.

...Ok, now it DOES make sense.

NOT REALLY, BECAUSE THEY NEVER USE THE 'SUPER BOWL' MVP FOR THE COVER; IT'S GENERALLY THE LEAGUE MVP. BESIDES, THEY SAID ALEXANDER WAS PERFECT, SINCE THEY PUT AN EMPHASIS ON IMPROVING THE RUNNING GAME THIS TIME AROUND.

Was McNabb the NFL MVP last year? I must have been sleeping when that was announced.

VaderRISE said:
Was McNabb the NFL MVP last year? I must have been sleeping when that was announced.

I THINK SO. :confused: KEEP IN MIND, THESE THINGS ARE BASED ON THE PREVIOUS SEASON, GENERALLY. :o

Peyton was the MVP before Alexander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"