The Official Michael Rosenbaum Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see the lex luthor we have now, the lex luthor we all know, not in a million years.

however michael rocks.

Rosenbaums Lex will own Spacey's Lex when everything is siad and done and Rosenbaum is truly, fully, 100% evil.

ROSENBAUM OWNS SPACEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GothicMix, TrailerMusic, MoviesKickAss, Dnsk, what else? lol.

KalKai said:

stfu5il.gif

This GIF is not to be taken seriously :)

venom420 said:
Rosenbaums Lex will own Spacey's Lex when everything is siad and done and Rosenbaum is truly, fully, 100% evil.

ROSENBAUM OWNS SPACEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roesenbum is Great [No Question about that, He was cast prefectly for this role, and as been The only one that gives The BEST preformance so far in this series.] But SPACEY WILL OWN THE ROLE, He Will Be AWESOME as Lex Luthor .

just wait and see .

Last edited:
Lex Luthor is a very fluid concept. I think it's silly to compare performances. each of the big three actors that played Lex Luthor in recent years each had a different side of Lex, a different concept or idea of who Lex Luthor is depending on the nature of their MEDIUM. Cartoons are generally closer to the comics, TV shows mean plenty of time to develop characters and movies = cranking up the entertainment.

The best comic book Luthor is Clancy's Luthor because he is closest to his comic book counterpart. But that's because Superman and JLU are cartoon shows and you can do a lot of things you can't do with live action.

The most dramatic Lex Luthor is Rosenbaum's Luthor because he got plenty of character developement, but that's because Smallville is a 5 season (going on 6) TV show. OF course you got plenty of time to develop a character.

The most intense Lex Luthor will probably be Spacey's Luthor because he only has 2 hours to shine and he has to appeal to a mass audience. And oh yeah, it's freakin SPACEY! :)

LadyVader said:
Lex Luthor is a very fluid concept. I think it's silly to compare performances. each of the big three actors that played Lex Luthor in recent each had a different side of Lex, a different concept or idea of who Lex Luthor is depending on the nature of their MEDIUM. Cartoons are generally closer to the comics, TV shows mean plenty of time to develop characters and movies = cranking up the entertainment.

The best comic book Luthor is Clancy's Luthor because he is closest to his comic book counterpart. But that's because Superman and JLU are are cartoon shows and you can do a lot of things you can't do with live action.

The most dramatic Lex Luthor is Rosenbaum's Luthor because he got plenty of character developement, but that's because Smallville is a 5 season (going on 6) TV show. OF course you got plenty of time to develop a character.

The most intense Lex Luthor will probably be Spacey's Luthor because he only has 2 hours to shine and he has to appeal to a mass audience. And oh yeah, it's freakin SPACEY! :)

WORD VADER, you hit it on the mark . :up: :up:

Smallville's Lex is just better than Singer's Lex, and that coming from someone who has read the novel.

venom420 said:
Smallville's Lex is just better than Singer's Lex, and that coming from someone who has read the novel.

lol do you realize how stupid this post makes you look?

boyscouT said:
lol do you realize how stupid this post makes you look?

Why becuase I didn't like how Lex was done in the novel. Because I questioned the overrated Bryan Singer and his creative " wisdom ". Because Smallville's version of Lex is superior. Well I left all that behind on the Returns board, Im done dealing with people like you. Now Im not talking about it again.

venom420 said:
Why becuase I didn't like how Lex was done in the novel. Because I questioned the overrated Bryan Singer and his creative " wisdom ". Because Smallville's version of Lex is superior. Well I left all that behind on the Returns board, Im done dealing with people like you. Now Im not talking about it again.

"ppl like me"... nice...

It makes you look stupid because you are comparing two different types of mediums in terms of the portrayal of Lex Luthor. No one with any logic would make such a claim.

And for your information, I enjoy how Michael portrays Lex (even though at times I don't like how they write Lex), and when I see the movie, i'll let you know if I liked Spacey's portrayal as well.

boyscouT said:
"ppl like me"... nice...

It makes you look stupid because you are comparing two different types of mediums in terms of the portrayal of Lex Luthor. No one with any logic would make such a claim.

And for your information, I enjoy how Michael portrays Lex (even though at times I don't like how they write Lex), and when I see the movie, i'll let you know if I liked Spacey's portrayal as well.

I don't care what you think, Ill make that claim time and time again. Singer's Lex is just like a Hackman, a stupid comedian who has an entourage of baffoons. Smallville's Lex is superior. :supes:

venom420 said:
I don't care what you think, Ill make that claim time and time again. Singer's Lex is just like a Hackman, a stupid comedian who has an entourage of baffoons. Smallville's Lex is superior. :supes:

Fair enough.

So Mike on a new sit com tonight with some peach fuzz on his hair, "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" it looked ok but I don't think it'll last.

Rosenbaum is my favorite television actor and I like his movies as well. Hopefully, once Smallville is finished we will see Rosenbaum make a smooth transition into films having bigger supporting roles. I know there are alot of actors who have made a transition from television to film- and I personally think Rosenbaum will definitely be one of them. He's just a great actor, especially when he's playing evil Lex.

tzarinna said:
So Mike on a new sit com tonight with some peach fuzz on his hair, "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" it looked ok but I don't think it'll last.
Isn't that a rerun? I know he made an appearance on that show last season. I thought he did a great job too.

Serene said:
Isn't that a rerun? I know he made an appearance on that show last season. I thought he did a great job too.

Oops sorry didn't know :O

Yeah I liked him but the show just lacks something, I liked the guy that was on the 80s show. Of course I was on the Hype and din't give it my full attention

tzarinna said:
Oops sorry didn't know :O
Oh, that's okay.. I wasn't snapping at you. I was hoping you would say it WAS a new one, I'd love to see MR doing something outside of SV again.

I only watched that show the time MR was on it. I wasn't overly impressed (except with Michael. :)).

I have just seen Superman Returns.

Rosenbaum's and Clancy's Luthors are all I need. Didn't much care for Spacey's version.

Rosey & Spacey on the red carpet at the Superman premiere:

9136032vmob846212006102618pm4t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi