The Official People for the Unethical Treatment of Nineties Artists

N

Noir

Okay, I've decided I was going to start a SOBM type forum, I was recently going threw my old back issues and such when I realized how much I hate 90s artists, this thread will be were you can share some of the best of the worst art from top names like Kelley Jones and Rob Liefeld.

How do you join you ask?
Simple, put the PUTNA in your sig and hyperlink it back here!

kj1.jpg

Joker looks wonderful with that afro!

livestock~captain.jpg

Wow, Cap is so strong his shield even has muscles!

millennius1.jpg

I can't even think of a come back for this one: Pick up Silver Surfer/Thor 98' Annual for the worst comic even drawn.

Honestly, I avoid the 90's when I'm going through my collections. With a very FEW exceptions all of it hurts my eyes. :(

In that last pic, is that guy supposed to be holding that weapon? Because right now it's just sort of levitating.
I actually just this week blogged about my least-favorite artists in comics. A large portion of it was dedicated to good ol' Liefeld. In fact, we have a "Liefeld Appreciation Thread" (It's sarcasm, folks) lying around these forums somewhere.

His mace is tied to his belt. That guy sucked, by the way. His name was Millennius and he was some ancient Asgardian god who decided that in order to grant mankind peace, he should murder every last human being.

97% of all original Image characters were "like [Marvel/DC character], but murders people."

Very true haha. You just know that was their pitch for all of them too....

I'm trying to find more art by the guy who did Silver Surfer/Thor 98 Annual, I actually ripped my apart and had the cover on my wall as a warning "If I ever suck that bad, I should just give up."

I'm trying to find more art by the guy who did Silver Surfer/Thor 98 Annual, I actually ripped my apart and had the cover on my wall as a warning "If I ever suck that bad, I should just give up."

Why give up? I mean, if THAT guy made it into comics...

Ahh, moral implications. It's too bad more of our comic artists can't grasp that concept.

Though that's more of a problem with the writers these days.

I wish some people took a look at this, and noticed that quality over quantity is always much better. You don't need to produce mass amounts of comics with bad artwork and even worse storylines because they won't reach new people, stick with the same old fanbase that continues to stick with the product.

And I'd like to say, WTF was Civil War, after that I've steadly started to go over to DC and Top Cow.

Other than it being Heroes Reborn, I actually liked Lee's F4, and I usually hate Lee.

90's era Dr. Fate becomes....

fate0newfate.jpg

Fate! or as I've heard him called "Magic-Cable"

I loved a lot of the 90's stuff as a kid. Now I look back and wonder what the hell I liked about it.

Cable embodies the Nineties for me. He was everything that was wrong with that, big bulky murderous and drawn like complete crap, if I didn't know he was marvel I'd have damn well said he was Image.

Look at F4: Heroes Reborn and tell me honestly that he didn't suck back then :o

He honestly didn't suck. Look at the decade as a whole. His X-Men work alone puts him in the Top 10 artists to ever do a run of superhero books.

Well he co-founded IMAGE which automaticly makes him Satan incarnate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"