The Official TIH Preview Thread

I think they'll change their tune if this movie makes loads of money!

Not according to the interview Green Eyed Hulk just posted :csad:, looks like a movie after this one will be far far off, if at all.

Neither Iron Man or Hulk have the sort of villains to sustain a superhero trilogy. That's why they're uncertain. At most, expect one sequel to both before they jump into the Avengers.
i think hulk has plenty of villians. like the military will always be a villian just like how spidey will always battle crooks.

hulks villians :

military(general ross)
general ryker
leader (and gamma experiments)
flux
ravage
abomy (if spared)
absorbing man (although ruined by ang)

iron mans villians:

mandarin
crimson dynamo
war machine (not as villian, out of struggle in personal conflicts)

i think hulk has plenty of villians. like the military will always be a villian just like how spidey will always battle crooks.

hulks villians :

military(general ross)
general ryker
leader (and gamma experiments)
flux
ravage
abomy (if spared)
absorbing man (although ruined by ang)

IMO none of those would work in a sequel except one, they'd all be too similar to what's happening in this film with the exception of the leader.

Not according to the interview Green Eyed Hulk just posted :csad:, looks like a movie after this one will be far far off, if at all.
I wouldn't worry, if this movie makes big bucks they will do another.

The Mandarin and War Machine are worthy of a second film. That's about it. Like I said in my last post, the problem with Hulk's villains (besides Sterns and Blonsky) is that they don't really add anything to the mythos. Maybe Talbot, but- again- do we need a third film when he can be active in the second?

Well money talks. If this thing really is that big, and there is a big demand for i a sequel, then i say as smart business ppl, they'll oblige.

i say the decide to do a sequel and start filming late '09 with a spring release in 2011, i also heard when making a sequel you already have most of the cgi you need from the previous installment but of obviosly improvments would be made, so maybe things could be easier.

Sigh... Marvel is only releasing two films a year. And they have to be summer releases... Captain America is already in the late spring slot. The only possibility is they push back Avengers. That's the only way. It's going to take two things IMO... 1) Incredible Hulk needs to be a 350-400 film minimum... that's obvious... 2) They run into scheduling conflicts/production problems with Avengers and push it back. That's the most important thing an immediate Hulk sequel would need to see the light of day. Say the guy playing Captain America needs the full year off... something like that is feasible in that that may be reason enough to delay the film. I see nothing wrong with a 2012 Avengers release. The anticipation will be that much higher and everyone will get a chance to catch Captain America in theatres OR DVD before hand. But if Hulk doesn't do those kinds of numbers then an immediate sequel isn't even worth talking about.

I agree with whoever said that the opening weekend should be around $45-$55 mill. I'll be surprised if it makes $250 domestic, but I think it will make a lot in the international market, since that kind of action translates easily. Believe me, I want this to do well, because when good comic book movies do well, that means we see more of them. But I think the last one left a pretty bad taste in the average movie-goers' mouths.

Also, you have to remember that Iron Man had a few things going for it. It was the first BIG movie of the season after a long drought. It was a new franchise, not a sequel or reboot. People may have heard of Iron Man, but most knew nothing about his origins. And finally, RDJ. I remember basically every review I read before the movie came out said that RDJ was the reason to see this movie. I haven't heard the same about Ed Norton. I'm sure he's good in this, but unfortunately, all we've heard about is the friction between him and the studio, and we don't even know how much of it is true.

The real question is, if a sequel is given the go-ahead, would Norton even want to come back? I know he's locked into a contract, but if both parties felt that the relationship wouldn't work, I can see them letting him out of it.

Neither Iron Man or Hulk have the sort of villains to sustain a superhero trilogy. That's why they're uncertain. At most, expect one sequel to both before they jump into the Avengers.

Come on! Who else wants to see The Incredible Hulk 3: Attack of the Puffball Collective

The Hulk has many villans. Wtf are you guys taking about? Sure they all seem to be in the same league as Abom (Big, strong, etc) but what do you expect for Hulk?

ABOMINATION
ABSORBING MAN
AGAMEMNON
AQUON
ARMAGEDDON
BRIAN BANNER
BI-BEAST
BOOMERANG
GREMLIN
HAMMER AND ANVIL
HARPY
JUGGERNAUT
LEADER
MADMAN
MAESTRO
MISTER HYDE
MOONSTONE
PSYKLOP
RAVAGE
RINGMASTER
RHINO
RYKER, GENERAL JOHN
SPEEDFREEK
TRAUMA
TYRANNUS
U-FOES
WENDIGO
ZZZAX

There's alot to choose from. Who wouldn't want to see Rhino (and possibly a Spidey cameo) in a Hulk movie?

They can make it work, if they choose.

Hulk against Wendigo or the U-Foes would be something.

Yup, Hulk has plenty of villains and great story arcs to reference for a good trilogy...

One I'd love to see would be the Maestro ...But...with no Rick Jones and no Gamma Bomb a couple of the best elements from that story are already lost (Rick's relic room and the time trip back to the original G-Bomb payoff).
I guess it could still be workable...and if they did this after an Avengers film too then the relic room would have a good few easter eggs for the movie fans as well as the comic books (Caps Shield, Thor's Hammer, Iron-Mans armor, etc).
All pie in the sky stuff atm, though. This film has to do well first.

I think that Kevin's quote is taken out of context. Here's what he said:

"Feige: I don't know about a trilogy, but certainly an ongoing saga and as the crossovers continue, I think the Hulk could pop up perhaps in other Marvel movies as well… "

I take that to mean, not just three movies, a beginning, middle and end, but much like the comics an ongoing saga with guest appearances here and there.

I hope that this movie makes tons of money. I want to see a movie titled Irresistible: the Incredible Hulk vs the Juggernaut...It's my fantasy match-up.

Good call Gamma Ra. That's what I thought as well.

Now here's why I'm not a big fan of the Avengers movie coming as soon as it will... it's going to cut into to all of these different franchises, possibly even cutting them short. I really want (at least) three Iron Man movies, and three Hulk movies (if this one is good).

Two trilogies is too much to ask for. You'd never be able to sign the actors for that fourth film especially if its Avengers. It would be too expensive... now two movie each? That I can understand. I'd prefer a Hulk sequel first of course but it depends on how good/well TIH is and does at the BO. I am just not very optimistic.

Sigh... Marvel is only releasing two films a year. And they have to be summer releases... Captain America is already in the late spring slot. The only possibility is they push back Avengers. That's the only way. It's going to take two things IMO... 1) Incredible Hulk needs to be a 350-400 film minimum... that's obvious... 2) They run into scheduling conflicts/production problems with Avengers and push it back. That's the most important thing an immediate Hulk sequel would need to see the light of day. Say the guy playing Captain America needs the full year off... something like that is feasible in that that may be reason enough to delay the film. I see nothing wrong with a 2012 Avengers release. The anticipation will be that much higher and everyone will get a chance to catch Captain America in theatres OR DVD before hand. But if Hulk doesn't do those kinds of numbers then an immediate sequel isn't even worth talking about.

I personally think they should push back Avengers, possibly to 2012 like you said, and release Cap and Hulk 2 in 2011. I don't like the idea of squeezing both Cap and Avengers in one summer, and expect people to watch Cap before Avengers when many people choose to wait until DVD instead. Pushing back Avengers will let more people to catch up to Cap, Thor, and other superheroes before the movie, which it then can benefit from.

I personally think they should push back Avengers, possibly to 2012 like you said, and release Cap and Hulk 2 in 2011. I don't like the idea of squeezing both Cap and Avengers in one summer, and expect people to watch Cap before Avengers when many people choose to wait until DVD instead. Pushing back Avengers will let more people to catch up to Cap, Thor, and other superheroes before the movie, which it then can benefit from.

And they should flip flop the release dates.

Incredible Hulk 2 May 6, 2011
Captain America July 1st, 2011 (Friday)

Too bad it won't happen. Frankly I don't think we'll see another solo Hulk with Norton but I hope to God I am wrong.

I didn't see a topic for this, so if there is, just close this one. But I found this really great interview with the producers and director, where they talk about everything from the final fight length (only 10 or 15 minutes), why Abom doesn't have his fin ears (Hulk would just rip them off in a fight), and a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/hulk-smash-puny-interview-4717

Good interview. Unfortunately it looks like a solid confirm that there isn't a plan for another Hulk movie. We'll have to settle for seeing him in The Avengers. But that's not bad. Hulk will have been featured in 3 movies. That's more than most get

Good interview. Unfortunately it looks like a solid confirm that there isn't a plan for another Hulk movie. We'll have to settle for seeing him in The Avengers. But that's not bad. Hulk will have been featured in 3 movies. That's more than most get

Actually in the interview that hit IGN today, they talked about his rouge gallery for sequels. My guess is... it all depends on how it performs.

Didn't the Norton draft have a big "Part I" labeled on the top?

I'm really hoping that they don't just screw the idea of having sequels. If the film performs well and is well received, there is no reason not to make more.

If the cast and crew are up to it, that it.

Very informative. Confirmation of the 1hr52min runtime and that the extended cut will be on dvd, Blu-ray at that. I'm intrigued at the prospect of scenes shot specific for online marketing prior to release. Also great to hear that they secretly have Norton lined up for interviews.

I didn't see a topic for this, so if there is, just close this one. But I found this really great interview with the producers and director, where they talk about everything from the final fight length (only 10 or 15 minutes), why Abom doesn't have his fin ears (Hulk would just rip them off in a fight), and a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/hulk-smash-puny-interview-4717
I don't really have much of a problem with the lack of comic-book ears for the Abomination, but that would be so ****ing cool. Or, maybe, he could bite 'em off, like Kong did to the T-Rex's tongue in Jackson's remake.

Now I do kind of miss the ears. :wow:

Also great to hear that they secretly have Norton lined up for interviews.

Yeah. I think if anything will get people to attribute credibility to this film, it will be hearing Norton talk about.
Kind of surprising though because he's not the type that does many high profile media interviews.

I'm sure if TIH performs as well as IM, then we will get a sequel date announced in the week following release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"