• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's just grand :(
The application data for Far Cry 4 is over 23GB, and that's separate from the actual game :wow:

Yeah, I think most can agree to that from a sales perspective.
well it failing on a sales perspective is probably why a lot of developers decided not to support it. it is a powerful little thing, but it is a failure through and through.
I highly doubt it. I'm sure there was a goal of outselling the DS, but only in the sense of wanting to outsell their competitor, but there's no way they set a real goal of 150 million units or whatever and considered the device a failure if it didn't reach that. Unless they bled a lot of money for each PSP sold like they did with the PS3, I don't see how anyone could honestly see the PSP as a failure in any sense.
they lost like 200 bucks per every Ps3 at the start, but I'm pretty sure most of their video game products sold at a loss anyway, and their huge successes with consoles on nintendo is what probably gave them the confidence to begin processes in the handheld, and I think they felt as though they could outdo or at least be on par with nintendo in that regard, but, they were wrong. i'm sure they expected people to be okay with the $600 price tag with the Ps3 as well but they were wrong there as well. and they've repeated their mistakes several times before learning - I think the PsP was losing traction against the ds simply because the ds was way more affordable. then they come out with the pspgo at the same price as the psp at launch, and that the time, for $50 more, you could get a Ps3. I'm not so sure but I think the pspgo model sold abysmally as well.

The application data for Far Cry 4 is over 23GB, and that's separate from the actual game :wow:
i have about 23 notifications on my Ps4 telling me they failed to upload/save game data or something like that because there ain't enough space.

I need that 3TB hard drive :argh:

:funny: Well, the app data for most games is usually up there. Along with the game installation which is usually pretty high, there are also sometimes large separate game updates. I remember last time I put in Driveclub I had a 7gb update but I had missed a couple updates. GTA V is my largest app at the moment with 54.99gb, then NBA2K14 45gb, and Advanced Warfare 44gb. Battlfield 4 is probably higher than 37gb at the moment too ha, but I haven't played it in a couple months.

I didn't like the idea of having only 500gb available. So I bought a 1.5tb before my ps4 even arrived. Was easy enough getting it hooked up and I think it's a decent size. I think I have about 750gb free at the moment with several games installed and about 40gb of Share footage :up:

I didn't like the idea of having only 500gb available. So I bought a 1.5tb before my ps4 even arrived. Was easy enough getting it hooked up and I think it's a decent size. I think I have about 750gb free at the moment with several games installed and about 40gb of Share footage :up:

did you do a backup and restore first? If so, how long did that take?

well, just got Far Cry 4 for $24. I guess it's good?? lol

If its Digital, then for the love of God, don't delete it!!!

^don't know if the above post was directed at me. but if so, my FC 4 copy is physical.

lol.

yeah.....I'm very wary of going all digital. for one, it would take way too long to download those big games.

with physical copies, I can just uninstall and reinstall as needed.

plus, you can't trade in digital games. at least with physical copies you can trade them in and get something back for it.

Last edited:
It's going to take me a few days to get everything back on now :waa:

Best just let everything download as I play on Mario Kart 8 :D

hope you can restore everything. :(

lol.

yeah.....I'm very wary of going all digital. for one, it would take way too long to download those big games.

with physical copies, I can just uninstall and reinstall as needed.

plus, you can't trade in digital games. at least with physical copies you can trade them in and get something back for it.
i'd say physical and digital both have their ups and downs. The other day I wanted to play driveclub and I forgt where I put the damn disc so had to spend like 10 minutes just looking for it.

A game like minecraft though, I would prefer to have digitally.

hope you can restore everything. :(

I think I can, but I've never come across all this other additional data I'm forced to download to get back on the game. However, I've changed my DNS codes to redownload the games, so it's gone down from 6 hours, to 1 or so, which is a help :)

I just started playing Battlefield Hardline, and I'm running into an interesting issue. The audio cuts out every 10-20 seconds, for a second. It's very strange. I thought it might be the HDMI connection, but it's not. Then I tried it with headphones (in the DS4) and same problem. Really weird.

Are you trying to tell us another PS4 is messing up on you?

No, but Hardline is. And it's not uncommon apparently.

Thanks for your concern though.

man, the last of us is one hard effing game. i can't get passed the first level of runners/clickers.

did you do a backup and restore first? If so, how long did that take?
I never even turned it on so no, no backup and restore. I bought my PS4 and HDD at the same time. Before I hooked up the PS4 I put in the new HDD with the firmware ready on a USB stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"