Playstation The Official PS4 Thread - Part 13

Unfortunately in the U.S. there are monopolies in most regions where you have only one real "choice" for broadband.
Oh, well that seriously sucks.

i wish i could play my old Guitar Hero games from PS3 on my Pro. I don't like the newer game at all, making it so "lifelike" took the fun out of it for me

i wish i could play my old Guitar Hero games from PS3 on my Pro. I don't like the newer game at all, making it so "lifelike" took the fun out of it for me
I loved those games. I had a friend who took it as seriously as I did and we spent many sleepovers conquering them

So I'm nearing my 40th ps4 game mark so I have these 2019 titles in my waitlist:

Resident Evil 2 (this is already cheaper from its original price but I'm not in a rush to play, I played the demo and it was already quite stressful lol)
Devil May Cry 5 (though I have to buy the previous games first in ps4 and I'm not exactly in a rush to play Devil May Cry)
Death Stranding (weirdly this is the only 2019 ps4 exclusive that is in my waitlist)
Mortal Kombat 11 (I'm getting Mk X soon I just don't know how soon as I feel like I might play Metal Solid Gear five first as I dont expect Mk X to have a long story and Mk X is going to be buried by another game, I have this game in my waitlist for a while but fighting games just don't excite me anymore)
Control (I might pick this up someday, even though I find small areas to be claustrophobic especially with the premise of this, I kinda want to play it)

Not really interested in Days Gone and I wish Ghosts of Tsushima was coming out this year but there's always next year. Last of Us 2, is also in my waitlist for next year but I'm going to wait for a half price cut before I purchase it. Then for the games that aren't exclusive for the ps4: Watch Dogs Legion, Avengers are in my priority wait list. And I'm expecting an Assassin's Creed game for next year. Skull & Bones, Its a wait and see for me as I loved Black Flag/Rogue. And if the newest Star Wars Game have a lengthy single player runtime, I might purchase it as well.

Last edited:
I'm holding off on Control and Star Wars until a BF/XMAS sale. Death Stranding I'm still unsure about. I might even wait till next year BF/XMAS to pick that one up cuz there are other games that interest me more.

Oh data caps can be an absolute killer. I had to redownload my entire digital collection once (about 5TB). With a cap that would have taken me half a year lol. I’ve never signed up to a service with a data cap intentionally. Speed with a cap is useless to me.

I agree. Upgrading to faster internet (fiber) has made a huge difference in my download speeds. Stuff that would have taken all day ( or even several days back on Xbox ) now only take a few hours at most.

However, the biggest benefit has been the removal of the data cap since I bundle TV, Internet, and Phone with my ISP. The extra speed wouldn't have done much for me if I still had to worry about that 1 TB cap each month.

I agree. Upgrading to faster internet (fiber) has made a huge difference in my download speeds. Stuff that would have taken all day ( or even several days back on Xbox ) now only take a few hours at most.

However, the biggest benefit has been the removal of the data cap since I bundle TV, Internet, and Phone with my ISP. The extra speed wouldn't have done much for me if I still had to worry about that 1 TB cap each month.
Yeah, I remember saying this would happen. :cwink::D:

Decided to try out PS Now for PC due to the free trial and I must admit playing Tekken 7 on my old ass Vaio is pretty entertaining.

Wow, they just announced the console...just like that?
They said something about april but where the hell was i during that time, where was the buzz following an official ps5 announce?

I thought we would get the full reveal and all during the Playstation experience event in December.
That really comes out of nowhere to me.

But either way, with this they officially started the final phase of the PS4 era.
Now with every day, the momentum for the ps4 upcoming games is going down because many prepare for the PS5 now.
That means those who work on current gen games need to hurry up and start marketing etc.
And no im not saying that just because i hope that means we get very soon something about the WBM Batman game(XD :funny:)

They have a year to crank them out. Not much time but still enough.

these games are free to keep right? or only for a certain amount of time?

cool. i might download them and try them out

I wish they added more. I just finished Uncharted 1 to 3 earlier this year and Journey is the shortest full game I've played in ps4 ever.

Thursday’s State of Play is All About Ghost of Tsushima

Cant wait also this.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 Remake Announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC - IGN

Oh cool i used to love tony hawk games and have been dieing for a new one that plays more like the old ones. I never played much of the first 2 has i never had a ps1 or anything and the first 2 fell limited with no manuals, reverts etc and sounds like they are adding that into this and its being made by the people behind crash remake and that was a great remake.

Hell yeah, the original soundtrack better be along for the ride. Goldfinger was the jam... it'll be weird not playing it on N64 for the first time. Also, Bucky was the bomb.

So I'm nearing my 40th ps4 game mark so I have these 2019 titles in my waitlist:

Resident Evil 2 (this is already cheaper from its original price but I'm not in a rush to play, I played the demo and it was already quite stressful lol)
Devil May Cry 5 (though I have to buy the previous games first in ps4 and I'm not exactly in a rush to play Devil May Cry)
Death Stranding (weirdly this is the only 2019 ps4 exclusive that is in my waitlist)
Mortal Kombat 11 (I'm getting Mk X soon I just don't know how soon as I feel like I might play Metal Solid Gear five first as I dont expect Mk X to have a long story and Mk X is going to be buried by another game, I have this game in my waitlist for a while but fighting games just don't excite me anymore)
Control (I might pick this up someday, even though I find small areas to be claustrophobic especially with the premise of this, I kinda want to play it)

Not really interested in Days Gone and I wish Ghosts of Tsushima was coming out this year but there's always next year. Last of Us 2, is also in my waitlist for next year but I'm going to wait for a half price cut before I purchase it. Then for the games that aren't exclusive for the ps4: Watch Dogs Legion, Avengers are in my priority wait list. And I'm expecting an Assassin's Creed game for next year. Skull & Bones, Its a wait and see for me as I loved Black Flag/Rogue. And if the newest Star Wars Game have a lengthy single player runtime, I might purchase it as well.
Oh Lord, this post of mine is almost 1 year old so far I only picked up Re2/Death Stranding. :(

I need to buy the rest soon. i now added Days Gone in my waitlist to eXperience the terror.

my trusty PS4 Pro started acting up so I got a new one (I know I know why get a new PS4 when a PS5 is coming out in a few months, first I do not know the price and 2nd, I really did not want to go months without being able to play games). I had a 100 dollar gift card from work so I was able to snag one for 300 with tax. and funny enough after I wiped the old one and reset to factory settings it ran flawlessly so after a few days of trying it with some games that in the past made it act up I sold it to a friend of a friend for 210 bucks (I paid 225 for it after trading in my last PS4).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"