The Official Q/ John de Lancie Thread

TheDreamMaster

The Night He Came Home...
Reaction score
Fianlly I can make this!
tumblr_maiw592lfV1rug97lo1_400_zps5e45f6b2.jpg

Now here me out a second. I'm not a big Trek fan. However, I've come to know John de Lancie's work based on this:
my-little-pony-discord.png

Yes, that is indeed an image from My Little Pony: friendship is MAgic. However, after really enjoying his chraacter and him giving general itnerest in the fandom, I've watched several Next Gen episodes featuring Q, and man is he awesome. Also, finding some of his other roles surprised me, including Agent Darkbootie in Invader Zim.

So, with introductions out of the way, lets appreciate the character Q, and the great actor that is John de Lancie.

Last edited:
I'm currently watching the STARGATE SG-1 series....De Lancie has turned up in it as a re-occuring sinister guy. This character isn't as playful as Q was...more mean and evil spirited. He's a good actor that is underused.

Q was the best recurring character that TNG ever had. Brilliantly played by John DeLancie.

I always wished that there were more episodes he had guest starred in.

My favourite episode where he appeared? That's easy, it has to be "All Good Things..."

I'd love to see Q show up in the Abramsverse. De Lancie's notable ageing wouldn't be good for the character, as great of an actor he is, but Joseph Gordon Levitt would make a awesome Q.

I'd love to see Q show up in the Abramsverse. De Lancie's notable ageing wouldn't be good for the character, as great of an actor he is, but Joseph Gordon Levitt would make a awesome Q.
That would be quite cool, and since this is Abramsverse, Q actually wouldn't have to be restricted to the later TNG era. I loved how Q trolled Picard and the crew in TNG, and I really wish to see De Lancie in more TV-productions and movies.

I have a Star Trek DVD-box that is a Borg Special (yes, all the chronological episodes from all the shows that featured the Borg, including the first episodes of Seven Of Nine becoming member of Voyager. The first episode on disc one is the single Enterprise episode featuring Borg), and I hadn't watched TNG in a while when I put it on the first time.

The first TNG episode there is pretty awesome, in which Q by suddenly sending their ship to a totally different part of the Universe showed Picard's crew the Borg, and what a huge threat they could be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"