The Official will.i.am/John Wraith Discussion Thread

Wow. Good catch on both Wraith's potential death and the way in which he teleports.

New trailer shot of Wraith teleporting away from Creed.

Cool stuff.

wraithteleporting.jpg

That's awesome. Obviously his teleportation has to be drastically different visually from Nightcrawler's. I definitely think they succeeded in doing so. It's really interesting and unique. I'm pretty satisfied with Wraith so far. :up:

I love the skeleton showing during teleportation! It also kind of ties in with New Orleans artwork.

Is that how he manifests his teleportation powers in the comics? Coz that just looks asinine... LOL

Not really. In the comics, he'd fade away in thin air like a ghost.

I don't get why everyone is just downplaying Will.i.am. Ok, he's a rapper, his group is annoying, what does this have to do with anything?

Wait and see, give the guy a shot. I happen to think Wraith looks pretty cool.

Meesa love that. He doesn't even need to speak a single world. All he has to do is go skeleton for the entire movie.

wolv6.jpg

Not really. In the comics, he'd fade away in thin air like a ghost.

Haha that doesn't really say anything though. I said the way he teleports on that shot from the trailer looks asinine. Even if he supposedly teleported the same way in the comics (though not really) does not negate my opinion of the shot in the trailer looking, for a lack of a better term, ******ed.

Thanks for the pic though, I don't think I've ever read of Wraith from the comics.

Wow.

-TNC

Anytime. :)

Btw this is my opinion and last time I checked I can have an opinion and share it on a message board on a thread talking about the character.

Haha that doesn't really say anything though. I said the way he teleports on that shot from the trailer looks asinine. Even if he supposedly teleported the same way in the comics (though not really) does not negate my opinion of the shot in the trailer looking, for a lack of a better term, ******ed.
"Is that how he manifests his teleportation powers in the comics?"
"Not really. In the comics, he'd fade away in thin air like a ghost."

I don't think I've ever read of Wraith from the comics.
Wraith was great in the comics when being written by Larry Hama. I'd recommend picking up the issues in which he appeared in, which unfortunately, are only reprinted in black and white in ESSENTIAL WOLVERINE VOL. 3.

Just gotta say, I'm really diggin' this guy's outfit. I wouldn't mind having the coat, shirt, and sunglasses he's wearing in the pic that was released a few days ago. I hope he turns out well in the film.

didn't know much about the character or will i am but after seeing the trailer, im very interested. i love the skeleton showing up when he teleports.

Yeah. We've seen people teleporting in so many different ways...in tv shows, cartoons, comics, and movies.

Although it's probably been done before in some other medium, it's nice to see that they tried to go down a visual path that the general public or comic fans in general haven't been used to before.

Just going by that skeleton shot, unless sabretooth is really crouching, or Wraith is jumping or something, Wraith looks quite big (considering Schrieber is 6'4")...

Just going by that skeleton shot, unless sabretooth is really crouching, or Wraith is jumping or something, Wraith looks quite big (considering Schrieber is 6'4")...
Yeah, Liev has about 6 inches on Will.i.am. If you look in the first shot, Wraith swings upwards and then as Sabes swings around to swipe back at him, he is crouching a little.

-TNC

Is just me, or since the effect is lightning fast, they managed to put that Misfits skull on it?

I like the way he teleports. It's sorta like his body dissolves sorta thing, layer by layer. But obviously quick as a flash.

Wow. Good catch on both Wraith's potential death and the way in which he teleports.

Here's the thing about that. Wraith has a healing factor. I'd think he was incapacitated rather than dead.

i kinda think the skeleton thing is a lil mortal kombat, but in a good way.

on a side note, if you go to the official website, and go to the gallery they show the promo pic w/ gambit wolvie deadpool sabes and silverfox standing in line, but they photoshopped wraith in. do you think he's an important part (as apposed to cyclops, who's a minor character in the movie.) or do you think the actor just asked to be added in that photo?? ?

That photoshop job is soooo crappy :hehe: What is it with bad photoshopping and this movie?

But I doubt he said he wanted to be in it, and even if he did, I doubt they would bow to pressure from him.

I think he has quite an important role in the actual story arc. It seems they implant his power into Weapon XI as well. Whether he is killed for that I don't know.

Here's the thing about that. Wraith has a healing factor. I'd think he was incapacitated rather than dead.

wait, really? gosh, how many people in this movie can heal?:bh:

Chances are the entire team has the healing factor. All I know for sure is Wolvie, Sabes, Wraith, Deadpool and Silverfox. Hugh talked about it in an interview.

Na not all of them have a healing factor per se. Only Creed and Logan do. The others, besides Wade Wilson have "age suppressant" abilities from what i have heard. It's a similar power to the healing factor, but not quite the same.

that sounds so stupid to me. is that their excuse for them all not old by the end of the movie????

when you make every character sudo-imortal it kinda loses it's effect.:boba:

that sounds so stupid to me. is that their excuse for them all not old by the end of the movie????

Isn't that kind of what Stryker was aiming for with the team?

Well in the comics I know Silver Fox had a age suppressant ability. And if I'm not mistake, so did Wraith. And that doesn't mean they are immortal, they can still be killed. They just age slower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"