The Official 'SAW IV' Thread

The Trainman

Cained.
Reaction score
It was bound to happen, or rather, it was part of the plan since the beginning. Making this into a full-blown legendary franchise. Many sites have posted this message and well, Coming Soon has just posted their own.

With Saw III making $34.3 million in its first three days, a record for Lionsgate, the studio is already planning a fourth installment for the same time next year. The Associated Press reports:

Since the low-budget "Saw" debuted with $18.3 million over the same weekend two years ago, Lionsgate has turned the franchise into an annual ritual with quickly produced sequels each Halloween.

The movies follow the diabolical schemes of psycho killer Jigsaw (Tobin Bell), who stages elaborate, bloody games to test the moral fiber of his victims. Lionsgate plans to have "Saw IV" in theaters over Halloween weekend next year.

Saw II earned $31.7 million its first weekend.

If they're going to keep going with this series than eventually they're going to have to "jump the shark" and [BLACKOUT]bring jigsaw back to life.[/BLACKOUT]

It better be a prequel, dammit!

LastSunrise1981 said:
Hopefully it's a prequel.

I wouldn't mind a prequel. I don't what they could to with a sequel to Saw 3.

Unless somehow Jigsaw survived, but I don't see how he could.

CrypticOne said:
I wouldn't mind a prequel. I don't what they could to with a sequel to Saw 3.

Unless somehow Jigsaw survived, but I don't see how he could.

I sincerely hope they do not go that route. If they make it to where Jigsaw survived, they might as well cure his cancer. But then again he did survive a plunge off a cliff and took a piece of a metal pole out of his body too. However, they just need to leave him dead and have it be a prequel or a sequel involving Jeff with a returning Matthews or Gordon.

I'm curious. Why isn't James Wan, the writer and director of the first saw film not directing any of the sequels?

zanos said:
I'm curious. Why isn't James Wan, the writer and director of the first saw film not directing any of the sequels?

That would rock.

Rob Zombie involved with Saw 4... could be a good idea.

Leigh Whannell is writing the "Saw 4" script. So, I guess he's still staying involved. :up:

Super_Surfer said:
If they're going to keep going with this series than eventually they're going to have to "jump the shark" and [BLACKOUT]bring jigsaw back to life.[/BLACKOUT]

As much as it looked like they did, Amanda and John probably didn't die at the end of SAW III.

I think

Jigsaw lives. Jeff plays his game.

How can Jigsaw live if his throat was sliced open by a saw?

:huh:

There's a better chance of Amanda surviving than Jigsaw himself surviving an upclose saw attack to the throat.

I haven't even seen Saw 3 yet!

But I do love the films...bring on Saw 57! (in about 50 years...Tobin will be alive and well I'm sure)

CAH

farmerfran said:
Rob Zombie involved with Saw 4... could be a good idea.
Leigh Whannell is writing the "Saw 4" script. So, I guess he's still staying involved. :up:

Both of those are great news!

Does anyone think that Matthews survived? It didn't seem to me that he died.

LastSunrise1981 said:
How can Jigsaw live if his throat was sliced open by a saw?

Danny Glover's character got his throat slit and lived in the first movie. Yeah, he later died when Zeb shot him. . . or die he? :wow:

CrypticOne said:
Does anyone think that Matthews survived? It didn't seem to me that he died.

Well,
Jigsaw said he had to "clean up" Amanda's "mess." So maybe he did free Eric, considering he passed the test.

Personally, I feel Detective Matthews is too cool of a character to kill off. When he started attacking Amanda and walking on his broken foot, there was just something bad ass about him and his attitude. Donnie Wahlberg plays that character well.

:up: :up:

I would LOVE to see Dr. Gordon reappear in the sequel though. I feel his presence would be welcome and Cary Elwes should be the one to portray him again.

Oops, read one spoiler too many in this thread, I better see Saw 3 first. :o

I don't think that
We've seen the last of Mathews and Dr. Gordon yet.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Personally, I feel Detective Matthews is too cool of a character to kill off. When he started attacking Amanda and walking on his broken foot, there was just something bad ass about him and his attitude. Donnie Wahlberg plays that character well.

:up: :up:

I would LOVE to see Dr. Gordon reappear in the sequel though. I feel his presence would be welcome and Cary Elwes should be the one to portray him again.

Elwes got into a legal dispute with Lions Gate over SAW, he's not returning; Whannell and Wan have stated that Dr. Gordon is dead anyway.

Why did he get into a legal dispute with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"