The Official Serenity Thread! (Make no more)

Well, they often get more than us, and they always get things faster than us so we should be used to it.

Moviegoers hated the movie,only fans of the t.v. show loved it.

GoldGoblin said:

Thats not true GG, go on Amazon.co.uk, and see how many reviewers gave it 4 or 5 out of 5 and they had never seen the show. I'm sure you will find the same on Amazon.com.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well, they often get more than us, and they always get things faster than us so we should be used to it.

I am use to it, but it doesn't make it right. :o

GoldGoblin said:

A friend of mine watched the film by chance, loved it, then watched the series as a result of that newfound love. You did not have to like the series first in order to get this film.

GoldGoblin said:

I wasn't a fan of the TV show before watching Serenity, but I loved the movie after having never watched an ep of Firefly. Same with a lot of people I know.

Infact, Film 2005 with Jonathan Ross held a viewer poll at the end of last year for the best film of 2005. Serenity won the poll, and was named best movie of 2005. Mosr of the viewers of Film 2005 weren't fans of the original show, but loved the movie.

OtepApe said:
I wasn't a fan of the TV show before watching Serenity, but I loved the movie after having never watched an ep of Firefly. Same with a lot of people I know.

Infact, Film 2005 with Jonathan Ross held a viewer poll at the end of last year for the best film of 2005. Serenity won the poll, and was named best movie of 2005. Mosr of the viewers of Film 2005 weren't fans of the original show, but loved the movie.

The DVD i bougth from HMV actually had a little sticker on it saying it was voted best film by Film magazine or something now that I think of it.

LexCorp said:
The DVD i bouth from HMV actually had a little sticker on it saying it was voted best film by Film magazine or something now that I think of it.

Yeah, so did mine. It did win quite a few polls now that I think about it. Critically it was a success, just the box office that was lackluster.

It's a shame that the world works like this. Money money money $$$

OtepApe said:
Yeah, so did mine. It did win quite a few polls now that I think about it. Critically it was a success, just the box office that was lackluster.

I know, such a damn shame. But the DVD seems to be doing well here, i just hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel.

Mal: "What are you doing?"
Inara: "I'm praying for you Mal"

Rebecca Gayheart, who was originally cast in the role, is no were near as nice as her. I just wish she would have got a bigger role in Serenity.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Rebecca Gayheart, who was originally cast in the role, is no were near as nice as her. I just wish she would have got a bigger role in Serenity.

Yeah, I think she would of been to much on the side of ****e for Inara.

rebecca.jpg

Exactly. Inara may be a ****e, but she's a high class ****e. The one you pay 3,000 dollars a night for and lives in glamour.

serenity-7.jpg

Just thought this page could do with a shot of Serenity.........
Also how Star Wars are the Alliance really.....be honest.....I am not having a go at it as I like the Alliance.
SERENITY-191.jpg

They're really more akin to the Federation from Star Trek. The point of the show was to show the people who the Enterprise would just fly right past without giving them any notice.

The Question said:
They're really more akin to the Federation from Star Trek. The point of the show was to show the people who the Enterprise would just fly right past without giving them any notice.

That's a good Joss quote. I loved hearing that the first time Joss said it. That rocked. Star Trek got way old very fast after a while.

Well, DS9 was a pretty ****ing good Star Trek series. And TNG is still a damn good series in general.

Still, how cool would it have been if Patric Stewart had played an Alliance officer at one point? And I think he might actually have done it.

The Question said:
Well, DS9 was a pretty ****ing good Star Trek series. And TNG is still a damn good series in general.

Still, how cool would it have been if Patric Stewart had played an Alliance officer at one point? And I think he might actually have done it.

Heck yes DS9 and TNG were great. I even like half of Voyager and a bit of Enterprise but when Harry Kim came along I had to switch channels. lol

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I'm sure an american told me they had 20 deleted scene's, or it might have been 20 minutes worth, either way i think thats more than us.
According to DVDcompare.net R1 has 9 deleted scenes and R2 UK has 9 deleted scenes as well. The Austrailian and German Limited Editions have the same 9 plus 4 extended scenes. I think I'll buy either one of those. ;)

Rac said:
According to DVDcompare.net R1 has 9 deleted scenes and R2 UK has 9 deleted scenes as well. The Austrailian and German Limited Editions have the same 9 plus 4 extended scenes. I think I'll buy either one of those. ;)

Ok, thanks for the info, i was just curious.

The Alliance are similar to Star Wars but so are many other thing in any Space Opera. Star Wars set the benchmark and so will always be copied in some way.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Ok, thanks for the info, i was just curious.

The Alliance are similar to Star Wars but so are many other thing in any Space Opera. Star Wars set the benchmark and so will always be copied in some way.

Yeah that's true it has never bothered me just thought it's a nice homage kinda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"