The Official Serenity Thread! (Make no more)

If it's a good, it's a "homage," if it's crappy, it's a ripoff. :o

CConn said:
If it's a good, it's a "homage," if it's crappy, it's a ripoff. :o

I use the term homage lightly...............

Eh, I don't just mean that. It's pretty obvious Serenity draws from Star Wars a bit - and that's not a bad thing. It's cool to see great ideas reused and expanded upon, meshed with other things. When it's done well, it's awesome.

CConn said:
Eh, I don't just mean that. It's pretty obvious Serenity draws from Star Wars a bit - and that's not a bad thing. It's cool to see great ideas reused and expanded upon, meshed with other things. When it's done well, it's awesome.

Yeah I know Joss says that he uses stuff from lots of Sci Fi past for this. It's all good buddy.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
I'm glad he didn't use the skin tight uniforms from Stark Trek Original :up:

Amen..........

I did like the hover craft chase scene. Jayne getting harpooned in the leg was nice action.

lol

I love the line River says early in the film, when her brother is so desperate to find out how she is and if anything happened and then she blurts out "I think I swallowed a bug."

rofl :up: Classic Joss

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
lol

I love the line River says early in the film, when her brother is so desperate to find out how she is and if anything happened and then she blurts out "I think I swallowed a bug."

rofl :up: Classic Joss

I laughed for about five minutes straight after that line, I expected her to come out with something strange and funny, but not like that.

The looks river has in the film are funny. Like when she squints and nods here head at the begining to Zoe to say that guy has a gun. Also when Simon says "Am I...talking to Miranda now?" and she just gives him this "are you serious!" look.

LexCorp said:
The looks river has in the film are funny. Like when she squints and nods here head at the begining to Zoe to say that guy has a gun. Also when Simon says "Am I...talking to Miranda now?" and she just gives him this "are you serious!" look.

I laughed for ten minutes after that one!

Mal: "You wanna run this ship?"
Janye: "Yes!"
Mal: "Well ..... you can't"

Almost the best line.

LexCorp said:

heh... two of my favorite moments from the movie.

i'd really like to see sequels to this, but, do you think it's be as good without Wash? or, to a lesser extent, shepard Book?

Mr. Credible said:
i'd really like to see sequels to this, but, do you think it's be as good without Wash? or, to a lesser extent, shepard Book?

Both those characters did bring something unique to the table. It's possible we could see them in flash backs. However it could still work with out them I think.

Mr. Credible said:

While i would undoubtedly miss both of those characters a lot, they were both great. But, i feel there are many more avenues that any potential sequels can explore. And if anyone could come with something interesting it would be Joss.

I wonder would they add some other characters to replace them.

Well, with Book, they're going to have to have a story that involves flashbacks to his early life to reveal the secret of Book that was a big part of the series.

Joss did have long plans for the show and I bet he is still trying hard to get his stories out there. I am sure we have not heard the last of Firefly in general.

The Question said:
Well, with Book, they're going to have to have a story that involves flashbacks to his early life to reveal the secret of Book that was a big part of the series.

Yeah i heard that, Joss said he had a good way to bring him back, flashback seems the most logical

Niska was a fav character of mine. As far as bad guys go he was pretty bad. Firefly has a lot of great bad guys.

I liked Bager as well, especially when River ripped into him. Summer's acting was really superb in both the series and the movie. That girl has a future in acting.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I liked Bager as well, especially when River ripped into him. Summer's acting was really superb in both the series and the movie. That girl has a future in acting.

Only if the blue hand agents guys don't get her first lol.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Your images are not showing up Lexcorp.

Really?? They are fine on my end. How many pics have not appeared buddy.

LexCorp said:
Really?? They are fine on my end. How many pics have not appeared buddy.

About the last four, there is just a flashing sign saying 'stop hotlinking my images'

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
About the last four, there is just a flashing sign saying 'stop hotlinking my images'

OK just a quick edit and I am back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"