The Official SPAWN Thread

†~AntiChrist~†

Sidekick
Reaction score
Welcome ot the official spawn thread...
Here we can talk about all things spawn from games, the movie, comics and models.....Enjoy...:cwink:

I really liked the movie
(Disclaimer: but I was pretty young when it came out :) )

And one of my most prized comics is the Batman/Spawn crossover from '94, drawn by McFarlane and written by the one and only Frank Miller.

The HBO animated series was great.

Especially seasons 1-2. :up:

Personally, I cant say I enjoyed the comics as much as the animated show. As a reader of Spawn back when the book first premiered, and with everyone going nuts over it since it was associated with Mcfarlane, I will say that I enjoyed the first 15 or so issues of Spawn. But after that the novelty was wearing thin with me, and I quickly lost interest. However, it was the summer of 1997 where Spawn's popularity was definately at it's apex as a franchise with the live action film, and HBO show airing over the course of the summer. Unfortunately for Mcfarlane, the film was not well recieved enough to warrant an immediate sequel, and with the book failing to really go anywhere with it's story at the time, interest in Spawn fell into a downward spiral. And one that hasnt quite been able to recover from since.

No it hasnt but atleast the gams are good...spawn armageddon would have to be the best i think..anyone else got the games??

Well, a couple'a things. Marilyn Manson sucks, first of all. Scientific fact.

To me, Spawn was like that indie recording artist who sold out, and got shi tty. 'Cept, well, he wasn't that good to begin with. The comics were good for a while, but like that other dude said, they became a novelty, and basically just Mcfarlane auto-******ing himself over and over again in the letter response pages.

The movie sucked. It had some lil' good parts, but overall, it was a piece of crap. Haven't played Armageddon yet, but I played the old 90's games, the one on SNES and the one on PS1. They was aight'.

No.......Manson does not suck.........:dry:....And the movie wasnt that bad..Id say "average"..

for the time it came oujt, the effects were pretty good, as was his costume, not perfect, but pretty good

I really enjoyed the movie
a supposed sequel should be put into filming soon, this is wat i heard last week anyway.
and i own spawn armaggedon and its quality!

Spawn movie was average,maybe less than average. It had potential to be good,but /shrug it fell way short..
Needed to be a darker tone aka HBO series,and different actors :) A shame though I wanted to see a sequel but that will never happen.

The movie is one of the most baffling, inconsistant films of all time. Scenes like Spawn's alleyway fight with Violator are absolutely fantastic, and hold up today in terms of effects, camerawork, and atmosphere. And then you can look at things like the scenes in Hell, which feature CGI animation literally worse than most games found on the original Playstation. Not to mention that the story is hammed up way too much, in what should have been a strictly dark & disturbing film.

The HBO series is indeed, magnificent.

I absolutely love the comics. The large, overrunning arc that fill issues 1-100 is among my favorite longer runs of comics, ever. Yes, there are a few dud storylines in there, but as a whole it was absolutely great. So great that I felt it really should have ended at issue 100, but sadly, it didn't. The next 50 issues ranged from pointless to bad to worse, but I'll admit that the new direction taken with the Armageddon angel is exciting. The most recent issue I read ending with the lover revealed cutting herself to the bone was probably the best issue I've read since issue 100. Not anywhere near as good obviously, but probably the first time I'm really looking forward to the next issue to see where things are going.

And finally, the toys! Mixed thoughts here, but there has been such a variety over the years that there really is something for everyone. I liked the middle years of toys, featuring primarily the hyper articulated futuristic robots and old, Dark Ages Spawn lines. The statue thing they've been running with the past few years doesn't really appeal to me.

The models I have are the Redeemer and Spawn battle axe and just plain spawn with chains..

I've been watchin episodes of the HBO series of Spawn and its brilliant, the animation is utter perfection its totaly watchin the comic come to life and im lovin it

No.......Manson does not suck.........:dry:....And the movie wasnt that bad..Id say "average"..

Yeah, he, or she, sucks. Baaaadly. Horrible.

Yeah, that is a good point, Rez. The movie does have some incredibly atmospheric scenes, I'll admit. The Violater/Spawn fight being one, the scenes in the Chapel/Rat City being another. And, as it's a guilty pleasure, I'll admit I liked parts of the bike chase scene.

I stopped reading at about issue 47 , i still have those though , the movie was real dissapointment , it didnt capture spawn for me , the artwork was incredible of course. It was stated in an interview that a darker live action movie was in the works but i guess the studio isnt sold on the idea.

You said it was a scientific fact.....Where did you get that from???

Yeah, the HBO animations was very good..But sadly I only got to see about 4 episodes.....(Iwasnt really into spawn then)

Spawn: Godslayer is pretty ****ing good.

Hey guys...this has nothing to do with the thread, but has anyone got a problem with the hype....There's a little exclamation mark at the bottom of my screen where it says done....I click on it and it says that there an error with "VB editor" it says "VB editor is null" anyone know how to fix it?? It wont let me insert pics, change font or colour and it takes like 1 min to do a quick reply! If anyone knows how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't hate SPAWN movie. It definitely needs a trilogy to explain the deepness of the character. I would like the Wachowski brothers to direct the next one.

See, Spawn was really a comic you could honestly say had material comparable to an R-Rated film, moreso than fans claiming Batman and Ghost Rider films should be rated R. So for the film to come out and be PG-13 was a big strike against it. Spawn not really killing anyone (not counting Priest or Volator), c'mon!! The overall bloodlessness of the film just bothers me. Even the death of Al Simmons, it's not nearly as graphic as you'd expect.

But the list really is too long to go over everything that's wrong with this film. It just feels so "off" it's ridiculous.

Speaking of the HBO series (and to a lesser extent the movie, as well), though, anyone else pissed Angela ended up being nothing more than a cameo? Three seasons, and we never even get a showdown between her and Spawn! Did the McFarlane/Gaiman lawsuit have anything to do with this? Assuming it was going on while the series was on the air, mind you?

Hey guys...Ever thought spawn and batman were a good team up????

Spawn%26Batman.JPG

Heh....You wouldnt believe it.....Their going to be a.............................................................SEQUEL!!!!!! Check it out on wikipedia.....Its in pre-production now...I cant believe it....After all these years they finally decide to make one....It will be kick ass....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"