The Official Spider-Man 3 Movie Novelization Thread

Tempest19

Superhero
Reaction score
1416527214.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V47024765_.jpg

I was lucky enough to find the book at Walden Books today. For those of you who want to know the story I will post these posts throughout on this forum- keep in mind though that EVERYTHING in here will be HIGHLY spoilery. I will try to put this all together for you guys as best as I can.

To those who are wondering if I'm legitimate- here's a scan:

apagevl8.jpg

Damn, thats pretty cool. I think ima wait til May tho.

ACT I: PAGES 1-100

OPENING

The movie probably begins with Peter looking at how much times have changed since the previous film. Spider-Man is now considered a hero by all. He is the symbol of peace, justice, and hope in New York City.

MANHATTAN MEMMORIES

The story begins at the play Manhattan Memories. These are the shots of MJ on a stage of stars and Harry watching from the balcony.

3crowd650hx2vv3.jpg

mjplayie1vr0.jpg

hspiderman35gh5kd0.jpg

Peter is in the first row seat. After the play, Peter spots Harry (who is in a rush to get out) and follows him to his limo. Peter insists that he needs to talk to him, that he needs to know what’s happened.

PETER
Don’t keep locking me out! You need to hear the truth.

HARRY
Tell it to my father… raise him from the dead.

PETER
I’m your friend, you’re father was my friend!

The limo drives off.

Peter goes in to see Mary Jane, who is still on good terms with Harry, and congradulates her on the play. MJ suggests that they should “celebrate.”

WATCHING THE METEOR SHOWER

They ride (bike) to the park and watch a meteor shower, during which the meteor crash lands to Earth. Peter guesses that the meteors may have been from Mars.

backsonawebot5nf2.jpg

MARY
Where do they all come from?

PETER
Maybe Mars, a hundred million years ago.

The symbiote, which is described a black oil-like goo, breaks free from the meteorite and senses Peter.

meteorhs0ri2.jpg

More or less, the symbiote CHOOSES Peter and this is made clear through it’s actions. As Peter and MJ are going, the symbiote sticks to his shoe. The image that came to mind when reading this part is the beginning of Men in Black II- how they seemed to give that plant life in the way that it crawled through the setting of the park. But, this time life is given to the symbiote.

AVENGE MY DEATH!

The following scene shows Harry going through more signs of depression. He is angry and he often gives into his anger. For example, Bernard brings Harry some milk and Harry yells at him saying “I’m not thirsty” as pushes the milk violently away. Harry grasps his skull, he’s having severe headaches. He finally sees his father’s reflection and Norman tells Harry that it is time to avenge his death. Harry agrees.

harryen5uh4.png

NOTE: This is the scene we saw in the new ‘Venom’ sneak peek/ trailer

sweet i need to pick up a copy myself

ESCAPE FROM THE LAW FOR A LITTLE FAMILY TIME

Flint Marko runs through a deserted street and comes across his low-rent apartment.

sandman2lu5oa7.png

He enters via the alleyway side window and creeps into his daughter’s bedroom. His daughter’s name is Penny. He kisses his daughter on the head and places several of the letters that he tried to send (and were refused) under her pillows. He goes and gets the classic black and green Sandman sweatshirt and goes into the kitchen.

spiderman328on4sf0.jpg

Here he encounters his wife, Emma. Emma is mad at Flint for coming- she is PISSED! Flint doesn’t dare take action against his wife, he just stands there and takes it all in. Penny eventually enters the kitchen and embraces her father and hands him a locket. He takes it as he has a peaceful moment with his daughter. This is soon broken by Emma’s yells at Flint to “go!” Hearing another siren approaching, Flint exits via the kitchen window.

INTERESTING NOTE: Flint is a very emotional character. He tends to cry. When he leaves we see tears in his eyes. But, as Sandman- there are no more tears due to the transformation. We never actually see him cry- Emma says it and we see tears in his eyes as he leaves.

THE GAS CHAMBER

Harry goes into the green gas chamber. Suffice to say it details that he exits and breaks into a CACKLING maniacal laughter. Think the original Green Goblin laugh.

NOTE: This is the scene from the trailers…

”I’M GOING TO ASK MJ TO MARY ME!”

Peter goes to visit Aunt May in her new apartment. Aunt May tells Peter that he has to make sure that it is the right thing to do- that he shouldn’t rush into it- that there is more to a marriage than love. He needs “security” – such as having a steady life and job. This then leads into May telling Peter that a man must put his wife before himself and then May’s speech about Ben’s proposal ending on “give her this.” Peter leaves Aunt May’s.

giveherthiswx9ap5.jpg

AIR BATTLE BETWEEN OLD FRIENDS

The next scene that follows is the Peter vs. GG II battle.

aerialgoblin1fu3ss5.jpg

Peter rushes Harry to a hospital. Note- the fight scene takes place in China Town!

THE HOSPITAL

After some scenes at the hospital- Peter saying that it was a “hit and run” and seeing the doctors working on Harry we go to-

spiderman3trailerscreenda3.jpg

BECOMING A SANDMAN

Flint running away from the police.

QUEST (!!!- FIRST FILM- !!!) and the “demoleculization chamber.” Flint running into the room, the scientists ( can’t see inside) think it’s just a bird and give no second thought about it. The transformation begins. Flint becomes Sand. Before this is complete- he throws the locket to the side. Police arrive, they tell the scientists to shut the experiments down- Flint is no where to be seen!

spiderman323wk9ok2.jpg

demolecularchamberqx6.png

spiderman3trailerscreendv1.jpg

AMNESIA

Harry is at the hospital. He has amnesia. This is a very emotional scene. Harry remembers that Peter is his friend and he slowly remembers that his father has died. MJ enters the hospital room. The three of them are together for a nice brief moment before Peter and MJ are ushered out by a nurse. When gone, we overhear Harry saying “My best friends- I’d give my life for them.” Which is great foreshadowing for the ending to come-

THE SANDMAN

Back in the chamber, the sand takes form and slowly becomes Flint. Flint learns how to control his body and slowly begins to walk. He leaves the area undetected. He does this through his attempt to reach at the locket, eventually he learns to materialize his hands and he attains the locket.

sandmancomethev7.png

MY REVIEW OF ACT I (PAGES 1-100)

It is interesting to note that most of this takes place during the span of ONE night. Which is something that I really liked and I’m sure will add a certain tone to the film- beginning on roughly twenty or more minutes of a whole night time act.

My only problem is that it seemed to move by too fast and that there were too many coincidences- the symbiote landing right next to Peter and MJ, Harry coming out of nowhere and catching Peter, Flint just happens to run into the chamber… and then, towards the end, (not this act) Eddie and Peter are in the church at the same time. But, as long as the coincidences end there and aren’t a running “theme”- then it will fly by in no time without a second thought to it. But, other than the coincidences the majority of it was great.

I can’t say whether or not it will be Spider-Man 2 great yet, though, but it is a good first act of the film.

--------------------------------
NOTE:

The official release date of the book is March 27th.

But, some stores already have the book right now.

I will post one of these every hundred pages into the book (total of close to around 400 pages)...

I know I'm spoiling the whole movie for myself but I can't....stop...coming into this thread!

All Other Threads Should Be Closed Exept This One Because This Thread Is ThE Whole Movie

Thanks for posting all of this, buddy. So far, so good. I'm looking forward to the rest.

But do remember guys, the novelization can't really tell us how the movie will be paced. I remember when I read the Batman Begins novelization *worst novelization I've ever read* I really thought for a while BB was going to suck, but it turned out to be one of the greatest movies.

Sometimes I think those novelizations can't capture what the movie does.

nice!, it sounds amazing. I just called WaldenBooks and they didn't have it but they said that they would order it for me so that when it commes out my copy will be on hold for me. so march 27th I will be buying this!.

I feel right dirty coming to this thread...but I cannot help it.

MY REVIEW OF ACT I (PAGES 1-100)

It is interesting to note that most of this takes place during the span of ONE night. Which is something that I really liked and I’m sure will add a certain tone to the film- beginning on roughly twenty or more minutes of a whole night time act.

My only problem is that it seemed to move by too fast and that there were too many coincidences- the symbiote landing right next to Peter and MJ, Harry coming out of nowhere and catching Peter, Flint just happens to run into the chamber… and then, towards the end, (not this act) Eddie and Peter are in the church at the same time. But, as long as the coincidences end there and aren’t a running “theme”- then it will fly by in no time without a second thought to it. But, other than the coincidences the majority of it was great.

I can’t say whether or not it will be Spider-Man 2 great yet, though, but it is a good first act of the film.

--------------------------------
NOTE:

The official release date of the book is March 27th.

But, some stores already have the book right now.

I will post one of these every hundred pages into the book (total of close to around 400 pages)...

BIG QUESTION: Does this one seem as frenetic and rushed as X-Men: The Last Stand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"