The Official Spider-Man 3 Video Game Thread with Trailer [merged 2x]

But from improved graphics, what sort of extra gameplay features can you expect from the next-gen consoles, in any type of genre.

(I have to admit that I'm one of those pessimists who feels there's nothing extra to be brought to games other than improved graphics and sound. The dual stick represents the last big breakthrough in gameplay options in my opinion, despite Nintendo's best efforts).

drmick said:
But from improved graphics, what sort of extra gameplay features can you expect from the next-gen consoles, in any type of genre.

(I have to admit that I'm one of those pessimists who feels there's nothing extra to be brought to games other than improved graphics and sound. The dual stick represents the last big breakthrough in gameplay options in my opinion, despite Nintendo's best efforts).

AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T OWN A '360', YOU CAN'T REALLY APPRECIATE MY CONCERNS. IF THEY USED JUST 1/2 THE POTENTIAL POWER OF THE
360/PS3 TO CREATE OUR NEXT SPIDEY GAME, THE XBOX/PS2/GC WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TOUCH IT. IF YOU LOOK AT THE 'S-M2' GAME, AND COMPARE THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY TO THE FMV CUTSCENES........THAT'S THE KIND OF DIFFERENCE WE'RE TALKING HERE; NOT JUST HIGHER POLYS AND BETTER TEXTURES. IF YOU'RE HAPPY WITH THE CRAP THEY SERVED UP IN 'S-M2' (S-M1 LOOKED MUUUCH BETTER), THAT'S FINE......BUT I WON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN A NEXT-GEN EXPERIENCE.

THWIP* said:
AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T OWN A '360', YOU CAN'T REALLY APPRECIATE MY CONCERNS. IF THEY USED JUST 1/2 THE POTENTIAL POWER OF THE
360/PS3 TO CREATE OUR NEXT SPIDEY GAME, THE XBOX/PS2/GC WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TOUCH IT. IF YOU LOOK AT THE 'S-M2' GAME, AND COMPARE THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY TO THE FMV CUTSCENES........THAT'S THE KIND OF DIFFERENCE WE'RE TALKING HERE; NOT JUST HIGHER POLYS AND BETTER TEXTURES. IF YOU'RE HAPPY WITH THE CRAP THEY SERVED UP IN 'S-M2' (S-M1 LOOKED MUUUCH BETTER), THAT'S FINE......BUT I WON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN A NEXT-GEN EXPERIENCE.

But you haven't answered my question, what extra gameplay options/features does next-gen offer? I don't understand what you mean by comparing SM2 in-game to the cutscenes if you are not referring to differences in graphic/animation quality.

drmick said:
But you haven't answered my question, what extra gameplay options/features does next-gen offer? I don't understand what you mean by comparing SM2 in-game to the cutscenes if you are not referring to differences in graphic/animation quality.

1.) THE GENERATIONAL JUMP IN GRAPHICS AND CHARACTER ANIMATION WOULD BE ENOUGH, IMO. IF YOU LOOK AT THE REALISM OF GAMES LIKE 'FIGHT NIGHT RD. 3' AND 'NBA 2K6', AND COMPARE THEM TO WHAT WE'VE SEEN PREVIOUSLY........THE DIFFERENCE IS ASTOUNDING. BUT, WITH 'FNR3', FOR INSTANCE, THERE'S ALSO GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS THAT AREN'T POSSIBLE ON THE OTHER PLATFORMS, THAT COME FROM THE GPU/CPU POWER. THE SAME COULD BE DONE FOR A NEXT-GEN SPIDEY. THEY COULD HAVE A FULLY RENDERED CITY, WITH REALISTIC PEOPLE, TRAFFIC, ETC.......AND FULLY INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENTS AS WELL. YOU COULD ACTUALLY GO INSIDE OF THE BUILDINGS, RATHER THAN JUST THE FEW THE "ALLOW" YOU TO. ALSO, I'D LIKE A FULLY-REALIZED 1ST-PERSON GAMEPLAY OPTION.........FOR BOTH WEBSWINGING AND FIGHTING. THEY HAD A CRAPPY 1ST-PERSON SWINGING CHEAT FOR S-M1, BUT IT WAS STILL KINDA COOL. BUT, IF THEY UTILIZED AN INTERNAL CAMERA SYSTEM, TO IMITATE THE "SPIDEY SWING CAM" THEY USE IN THE MOVIES, THEN IT COULD BE DONE RIGHT.

Fair dues. Add them to the wishlist :) and get somebody from treyarch to have a look.

THWIP* said:
1.) THE GENERATIONAL JUMP IN GRAPHICS AND CHARACTER ANIMATION WOULD BE ENOUGH, IMO. IF YOU LOOK AT THE REALISM OF GAMES LIKE 'FIGHT NIGHT RD. 3' AND 'NBA 2K6', AND COMPARE THEM TO WHAT WE'VE SEEN PREVIOUSLY........THE DIFFERENCE IS ASTOUNDING. BUT, WITH 'FNR3', FOR INSTANCE, THERE'S ALSO GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS THAT AREN'T POSSIBLE ON THE OTHER PLATFORMS, THAT COME FROM THE GPU/CPU POWER. THE SAME COULD BE DONE FOR A NEXT-GEN SPIDEY. THEY COULD HAVE A FULLY RENDERED CITY, WITH REALISTIC PEOPLE, TRAFFIC, ETC.......AND FULLY INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENTS AS WELL. YOU COULD ACTUALLY GO INSIDE OF THE BUILDINGS, RATHER THAN JUST THE FEW THE "ALLOW" YOU TO. ALSO, I'D LIKE A FULLY-REALIZED 1ST-PERSON GAMEPLAY OPTION.........FOR BOTH WEBSWINGING AND FIGHTING. THEY HAD A CRAPPY 1ST-PERSON SWINGING CHEAT FOR S-M1, BUT IT WAS STILL KINDA COOL. BUT, IF THEY UTILIZED AN INTERNAL CAMERA SYSTEM, TO IMITATE THE "SPIDEY SWING CAM" THEY USE IN THE MOVIES, THEN IT COULD BE DONE RIGHT.

Oh... I get it... having to port to a lower gen limits your design potential... when developers are making a game there's a 'we can't do that' line, and 360's is just plain farther out... this would affect level size and thus design, enemy count, and thus design, zoning areas, and thus, game and level design... number of option in moves and add ons and thus, design... the game you'd make for 360 is simply different from one for the X-Box just as Chess is different from Checkers...

gotcha...

Hi guys.

I made a fan made cover for the game on Gamecube. I started on one for PS2 but I haven't got it finished yet. I'll do an Xbox one too.:up:

Spider-Man3FanMadeGameCover.jpg

obivously we got to play as venom in the ultimate spider-man game... so we know activision can handle putting in more than one playable character so every thing thatneeds to be put in this game has already been stated but I think that I would like to put on the goblin armor again.. like in spider-man the movie game, that was fun... and with free roam you can give us a whole slew of new objectives or if venom is in it then maybe we can play as venom or sand man and of course skins.. swingin through new york as mary jane or the shocker was fun!!

GDC 06: Rev Controller Does Webslinging
Sources: Nintendo's new generation console to host a ground-up version of Spider-Man 3.
by Matt Casamassina
March 23, 2006 - IGN Revolution has learned that Activision will publish a version of Spider-Man 3 built specifically for Nintendo's next generation console, still codenamed Revolution. The game will make use of the system's innovative new controller to manipulate Spidey through the virtual universe. Specific details in this regard were not provided, but IGN speculates that the freestyle unit could be utilized to aim and cast webs, which would in turn accurately guide the hero about the city environments he explores.

Activision has formally announced that it is planning to have at least one Revolution title ready during the first four months of the system's launch. However, IGN believes that the publisher's launch game is unrelated to the Spider-Man franchise.
Further details about this project, and others, are expected to be made known at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2006, which kicks off this May in Los Angeles.

webhead731 said:
Hi guys.

I made a fan made cover for the game on Gamecube. I started on one for PS2 but I haven't got it finished yet. I'll do an Xbox one too.:up:

Spider-Man3FanMadeGameCover.jpg

^Nice.

Okay, I've been playing Spider-Man 2 this week and I noticed something else they need to fix in the Spider-Man 3 game.
Spider-Man needs to be more sarcastic, not so serious. Like Ultimate Spider-Man from the Ultimate Spider-Man game.:spidey::):up:

I was wondering... when will the official videogame site launch? Do any of you have have any idea about this? I really want to see that sie because I think they'll show the 3D models animated (just breathing) just like they did for the second game.

It won't play. :(

i know its a weird thing...it will play trust me just let it load
it wont show its progress but it will play

if its that improtant to you then yes you win!!!

wait a sec...i think i will have to remain the winner due to the fact that ur link is to the MGS4 trailer

man who cares who won

damn i can't see the trailer???

can someone freeze frames and post them???

Um...it had nothing to do with Spidey 3.

*applauds*

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"