Sequels Mandy Moore as the next Mary Jane?

FlawlessVictory

Superhero
Reaction score
Mandy Moore as the next Mary Jane?
Date : May 3, 2007 Posted By : Clint Morris

mandymoore.jpg

Should Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst abandon the world of spandex, spiders and sexual tension and let someone else headline the inevitable “Spider-Man 4”…. Cinemablend.com has revealed (take it with a grain of salt for now, it’s way too early to be predicting or assuming who’ll be replacing actors who haven’t yet decided whether they wanna be replaced) whose most likely going to get first dibs.

Weeksy’s going to like this one.

Mandy Moore is already being touted as a possible replacement for Dunst as Mary-Jane. Now that I can see. I really can. She’s a spunk, sure, but she also likes pretty darn close – especially with her current locks – to the comic incarnation of the character. I’m sure fans would be happy with the popstress stepping in for Dunst should Blondie decide to sit it out.
And then, says the site, Alexis Bledel and Camilla Belle have been mentioned for the part.

The site previously reported that Jake Gyllenhaal and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were the frontrunners to play the new Spider-Man should Maguire opt out of the next one – Personally, I think he will; I think they all will – but adds that an unspecified third name could be in the mix, too. Frankie Muniz perhaps?

Heh.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070503_mandy_moore_as_the_next_mary_j.html

in a weird way,i could see it...

She would be an improvement over Kirsten Dunst, IMO. She's been holding her own as an actress and definitely has the looks. Here are a couple more pics taken on 3/31/07 at the Kid's Choice Awards:

mandy.jpg

awful choice/idea.
I have never been attracted to mandy moore at all

Mandy Moore would be a good MJ,plus she can act.

She would be an improvement over Kirsten Dunst, IMO. She's been holding her own as an actress and definitely has the looks. Here are a couple more pics taken on 3/31/07 at the Kid's Choice Awards:

mandy.jpg

Holy $#!^! That's Mandy Moore?! She actually look like... the friggin John Romita Mary Jane.
Honestly I'm hoping for Scarlett Johansson. I've been seeing her as a perfect MJ since "Lost in Translation".

Holy $#!^! That's Mandy Moore?! She actually look like... the friggin John Romita Mary Jane.
Honestly I'm hoping for Scarlett Johansson. I've been seeing her as a perfect MJ since "Lost in Translation".

scarlett is gorgeous and sexy but she can't act worth crap

Well I'm sure she can't possibly be as bad of a choice as Alba as Sue Storm.

Well I'm sure she can't possibly be as bad of a choice as Alba as Sue Storm.

Well Jessica Alba wasn't such a bad actress or anything, the problem with her in that role is that they cast a Mexican girl to play a totally white girl... then they tried to make her look white with blonde hair and blue eyes.. it looked absolutely silly.

but have you seen the black dahlia? goodlord scarlett is like Natalie Portman in attack of the clones bad

Wow just read the entire article you may want to check it out.

Mandy Moore really looks like Mary Jane holy crap!

Here it is:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Tobey-Back-For-Spider-Man-4-Only-If-Spidey-3-Performs-5092.html

Tonight I got an email from one our most sure thing inside sources with big details on what’s up with the future of Spider-Man after the release of Spider-Man 3 this weekend. For months now we’ve all been swimming through rumors over whether or not Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, and director Sam Raimi will be back for more with this one, and till now we’ve never been able to get a straight answer as to what’s really going on inside Sony.

Well now we have one. Our inside source, let’s call it Secret Squirrel (I loved that cartoon), has been hiding in the air ducts and janitorial closets over at Sony Pictures and has the dirt on exactly where things stand with the franchise. The surprising news here is that the future of Spider-Man seems to depend, in large part, on how many of you turn up to see Spider-Man 3 this weekend. The thing is, Raimi, Maguire, and Dunst are demanding massive paychecks to even consider re-signing. Sony, is only willing to pay them if Spidey 3 does the kind of massive business they’re expecting it to do. So step one to getting them back may simply be about all of you buying tickets this weekend.

The politics over at Sony are pretty complicated, so here’s a direct connect to Secret Squirrel with all the details:

This weekend is crucial to Sony and the cast of Spider-Man 3 on so many levels that you would be surprised. Of course you know the story of how much this film cost and how much they hope this film breaks records this weekend ( It will) but I doubt you know that the negotiations for the cast to come back also depend on how much this film makes in its run.

It’s rumored that Tobey will get about 20 million to come back for another Spidey film but that’s not what I am hearing. I’m hearing that he could get about $25 to $30 million for it, but it depends if Spidey 3 makes it to the same vicinity as the last two films in terms of box office. Now those in Sony don’t want to give Tobey or the returning cast that kind of money because they want to lock the cast down for the next three films instead of one and they want to do it cheaply, so they are looking at other actors to continue the franchise in a cheaper way and if the movie opens big and makes a boat load of cash, Tobey and the cast has a huge advantage in negotiations.

In negotiations though, there are many factors involved. One is ego, second is respect and the last is worth; and some of these factors play a crucial role in what will happen with Spidey 4. Sam Raimi was pretty much brow beaten into putting the character Venom into Spidey 3, that’s been established already. Spidey 3 was only supposed to have the character of Sandman as the main villain with the character of Harry playing in the middle, (The story in Entertainment Weekly of the Vulture being a villain in this film was spin to excuse the inclusion of Venom) so he really could not make the film he wanted to make. Sam was given almost full reign and trust when he did Spidey 2 and that film is considered a landmark in terms of super hero films and in sequels but as usual, people got possessive and greedy (Avi Arad and others) and wanted to leave their mark on the series as well, so Spidey 3 (from what I heard from more than a few people who has seen it) feels uneven, awkward and over stuff because of the interference. If Sam does come back to the franchise, he might want a little more control over it and that might not happen because there are so many people who want to dictate the direction of the series and Sam might not want the problems he faced with Spidey 3 again.

So don’t be surprised if they get a new director when they officially announce Spidey 4. Tobey on the other hand has been flip flopping about being involved in the next film for ages now and he would to it if Raimi does come back (and he gets a huge paycheck). Kirsten Dunst would as well but it’s also up to Sony if they willing to pay to have them back. Again, money is a huge issue here and they want to lock them in for three films instead of one so they might just cut them loose completely if in fact they could. The box office of Spidey 3 will be a big factor in Sony’s decision making in keeping both actors as well as Sam Raimi’s decision to stay with the series if he chooses to.

So what happens if nobody comes back for Spider-Man 4? Doesn’t matter. Sony is moving on anyway. Secret Squirrel has the scoop on who they’re looking at for replacements. The names being circulated for replacing Maguire we’ve heard before, but this is the first I’ve heard of possible Mary Jane recasting.

Peter Parker:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jake Gyllenhall are the front runners as of now but word is that a third name might be thrown in the mix as well.

Mary Jane:
Mandy Moore, Alexis Bledel and Camilla Belle are the ones being mention for the role as of now but more names could be added later as well.

As for Spidey 4, its going to be a start of a new trilogy that includes this cryptic message that my friend was given. “A marriage, a death and a birth” My friend figured it out already thanks to a relative who is a comic geek, so you might as well.

SS is one of the most reliable anonymous sources we have, but it’s still an anonymous source. Seriously folks, I know how much you all hate them. Secret has given me enough nails on info in the past that I believe this information can be trusted, but since you don’t know who’s giving it to me you have absolutely no reason to take it as fact. Remember, it’s all just rumor until there’s an official confirmation. Heck, right now it sounds like everything is still up in the air anyway. True or not, Spider-Man 4 could still go any which way.

Also wikipedia.org says the same on Joe Gordon Levitt
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Tobey-Back-For-Spider-Man-4-Only-If-Spidey-3-Performs-5092.html

I wouldn't really have a problem with seeing a whole new cast. Think of it like reading a Spidey comic that was drawn by a different artist. I actually would love to see a movie version of the Todd McFarlane Spiderman mask with the slightly larger sized eyes.

Salaries for Raimi, Maguire and Dunst not including points would just be too prohibitive to bring them back. Audiences may be used to seeing these actors play these characters but we're not talking about Margot Kidder and Christopher Reeve. They can be replaced and replaced easily. It's just a matter of giving these characters back their personalities from the comics rather than the dull, one dimensional quality Raimi has given them.

Salaries for Raimi, Maguire and Dunst not including points would just be too prohibitive to bring them back. Audiences may be used to seeing these actors play these characters but we're not talking about Margot Kidder and Christopher Reeve. They can be replaced and replaced easily. It's just a matter of giving these characters back their personalities from the comics rather than the dull, one dimensional quality Raimi has given them.

To an extent I agree my friend. And thats why I think Mandy Moore would be a good Mary Jane. She actually has some spunk and looks spot on John Romita Sr style MJ.

Slightly off topic but does anyone think Gwen Stacy should've been Felicia Hardy instead?

if acting like she came straight out of the Attack of the clones is good acting then I guess so.

lmao

I'm sorry Kirsten Dunst just dosent do it for me every movie i have seen with her in it see was just lifeless in every role! and mandy moore isnt much better....

I like the cheerleader chick from Death Proof better for Mary Jane Watson.

Mandy Moore would make a better Rogue in an X-men reboot.

if acting like she came straight out of the Attack of the clones is good acting then I guess so.
coming from the guy who thinks chocolate cake girl should become black cat.....
anyways,i admit,her role in TBD wasnt that great but she had a pretty crappy role,watch some of her other films like lost in translation,the horse whisper etc,shes a good actress and so is nat portman exept for starwars,she wasnt that great in that

Well, if Mandy Moore is the next MJ...at least she can sing good, lol.

thats true lol but i thought dunst was pretty good

mandy.jpg

Im sold. Sign her up!

Mandy, never though of her, I like it

though, I’ve always had Alexis Bledel in the back of my mind as a great MJ, so, her name being mentioned is more exciting to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"