The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 6

Cyclops has died at least once before that I know. But it was one of those fake comic deaths. I recall he died during a fight with Apocalypse and sacrificed himself in the late 90s, but he came back a short time later.

Oh The Twelve? He had merged with Apocalypse but he didnt actually die in the story. Most characters gave up on him and accepted him as gone but Jean didnt

Every one of the X-Men has died and/or had their DNA turned inside out at some point. If you told me Charles has died more times than Jean, I'd believe you.

keep killing? He's only been killed off once

I count at least twice. He died when Doom killed him during the start of Secret Wars and then they killed him in the Death of X series. Twice in a few years.

He also sort of died in Astonishing X-Men after getting blown up in space. He got better in the next issue though.

I count at least twice. He died when Doom killed him during the start of Secret Wars and then they killed him in the Death of X series. Twice in a few years.

He also sort of died in Astonishing X-Men after getting blown up in space. He got better in the next issue though.

technically almost everyone was killed in Secret Wars save a handful of heroes. I count that in the same league as everyone in the universe being killed in the Infinity Gauntlet story

He got killed on Battleworld, which is not true for everyone. Most of the people on the raft survived.

Oh The Twelve? He had merged with Apocalypse but he didnt actually die in the story. Most characters gave up on him and accepted him as gone but Jean didnt
It was treated as a "death" in the comics.

Technically he "died" twice in Death of X... both times off-panel if memory serves.

The second time was on screen. The first arguably was as well because we see him cough blood and collapse, which might have been his death.

If Dumbledore existed in the Marvel world, who's the strongest villain he could defeat?

If Dumbledore existed in the Marvel world, who's the strongest villain he could defeat?

There's a lotta variables there. Like, can a stun spell get through Jean Grey's forcefield? Nobody knows. The rules and the scales are all different.

All spells seem to be of a similar strength in HP. A murder spell can be blocked by a disarming spell. Since it's just energy then I imagine anyone with decent experience fighting Supers could take him down. After all, for the most part spells need to be spoken and used with a wand. Dumbledore may be able to avoid the first one due to experience but I'm pretty sure he'd needs the wand to do most magic. Spider-Man or any well trained non-powered person like Black Widow could probably take him down.

As for Dumbledore fighting anyone, I say send him up against Frank Castle. :o

Doctor Strange would probably find Dumbledore adorable. "*****, have you seen what I can do in the first Ultimate Alliance game? I can turn you into a box then break you open to get money and health! You want that? You wanna be my money box *****?"

most things dealing with cosmic event are reverse and this is the reason the celestials told the god'snot to interfere with human anymore and any attached to a cosmic being or use object with cosmic force that ether rival or are beyond Zeus and Odin are reversed cause they aren't allowed to be interfering with humanity to certain degree ether. apocalypse was also trying reach levels of celestial levels (and they are above gods in the MU )and cyclops interfered cause he was saving one of his alternate reality kids (the other being Rachel) and the rest of his friend and family with himself there that were being used to power that process of the machine of apocalypse . and it's not like the X-men have seen a merger before ether. Like cypher & warlock and it even happened supposed and may other in X-men lore before that event.

it was just bad habit from the writers. oh and Jean didn't give up on him. that part's true. Nether did cable, Nate grey was unsure about him being dead ether .but jean told him not to worry cause he was also overly stricken with guilt. it was talk jean had with on the roof of the X mansion before that revolution thing.

So for fellow collectors who list their books, how are you handling the Marvel Legacy numbering? Are you continuing with the current titles or restarting the volume 1 titles?

Well... how did you do it every other time they've renumbered? This isn't a new thing.

No, but we're several volumes into it being a pain in the ass. Plus, some titles are changing in the process.

So for fellow collectors who list their books, how are you handling the Marvel Legacy numbering? Are you continuing with the current titles or restarting the volume 1 titles?

Continue with the current title. That being said, the books where this is an issue so far are relatively simple because the book is maintaining its one name and I've always listed them in publication order.

The concern will be when something like Inhumans go back to Legacy numbering and I have to decide whether to put it in I or after Royals.

During Peter David's Hulk run in the 90's, how come Smart Hulk never joined the Avengers? He had control of his power then, so there would have been no safety issue. A decade of stories, what kept him away?

Peter David wouldn't let them kidnap his baby for adventures. :p

Professor Hulk kind of hated pretty much everyone. He wasn't just Banner's brain in the Hulk's body; he remembered how the Hulk had been treated over his whole life and resented people for it. He still had his rivalries with the Thing, Wolverine, and the Hulk, he was still largely anti-authority, etc. I mean, hell, even now, when the movies have forced the Hulk back into the Avengers for corporate synergy, we get stuff like Banner having an inferiority complex around Tony Stark and the other "Avengers-approved" scientists because he's easily as smart as they are, but he had his life and potential for recognition ripped away by the Hulk.

Hi guys I want to start reading comics again every month but i have a limited budget. I like both dc and marvel and its been about 10 years since i read anything. Think the last thing I read was infinite crisis.

Can anyone reccomend say about 5 to 10 marvel titles worth picking up and whats currently going on in their universe? Is it still 616 or what or ultimates etc. Thanks.

Edit. And does the mcu have an influence on the current books and to what extent? Whats the current state of affairs please guys?

Last edited:
Id recommend X-men Red. Only 3 issues have bee released so far. It chronicles Jean Grey leading a new team of X-men following her recent resurrection. Not much continuity to know as its very reader friendly. The roster includes Jean, Namor, Nightcrawler, Gambit, All New Wolverine (X-23), her clone Honey Badger, Gentle and new character Trinary.

$

Jesus, they will literally force a Wolverine on every single X-Men team.

Jesus, they will literally force a Wolverine on every single X-Men team.

this one got two! Im waiting for them to relaunch Wolverines with the roster being:

Wolverine
Old Man Logan
X-23
Honey Badger
Jimmy Hudson
Daken

and maybe Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"