The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 6

I love Daken. His series and Dark Wolverine were great.

Here's a question from the Ultimate FF stuff: They ever mention what happened to the UFF's orginal bodies after the accident? They apparently got bodyswapped with alternate versions of themselves thanks to it but as far as I know, they never went into the details like that.

I assumed they all died if the swapped bodies were considered 'normal' for the places they came from. Reed had his stretchy 'never need to eat' powers so his other body would need to eat in a world that didn't need food. Johnny probably would have burned to death. Ben would have just died from whatever the hell passed for normal in that world. Sue might be the only one that would be somewhat alright although a world of invisible stuff being normal would probably kill her pretty quick.

This hit me: Juggernaut is powerful enough to fight all the X-Men at once, and really really hates mutants. Has he ever been employed by the government to fight mutants? Like working for the Mutant Registration Division (or whatever agency handles that work these days) as an enforcer?

This is a stupid question.... Is this Man-Thing? It looks like himXFORCE2019022-cov-COL.jpg but he looks different.

I'm a bit behind but if I had to guess based on the current line up it's Black Tom Cassidy. He's been sprouting all sorts of vegetation recently.

Wikipedia has an article on the Man-Thing. He is a being of mystical origin rather than a mutant. Black Tom Cassidy is a mutant who is the cousin of the X-Man Banshee.

So here's my stupid question... I dropped off the comics years and years ago (Maybe some time after Secret Invastion/Dark Reign period).

I've decided to make use of my Marvel Unlimited subscription and pick it back up again, mainly wanting to read through most of the X-Men & Wolverine stuff in order... But how the hell do I figure out the best order? Haha

I'm muddling my way through Marvel Unlimited's library sorting system but it seems very scattered, and I remember how much X-Men was always split across the many, many solo and limited series etc.

Google etc has helped me a little but thought I'd check in case anyone knows of particular great resources for tracking chronological continuity etc. Kind of wish MU could sort stuff by canon chronology over publication date etc.

P.S. Will also take recommendations for any must read limited series that I could jump straight into too!

Then why does he look so similar to man thing?
He was injected with the Man-Thing serum. That concept is interesting, but there is merit to what @Silicon Surfer said about lack of imagination.

So here's my stupid question... I dropped off the comics years and years ago (Maybe some time after Secret Invasion/Dark Reign period).

Google etc has helped me a little but thought I'd check in case anyone knows of particular great resources for tracking chronological continuity etc. Kind of wish MU could sort stuff by canon chronology over publication date etc.
Don't aim for chronological order, this won't go well, especially with a series as expansive as this. Read the Original Sin event from 2014 to see why you shouldn't.

As for essential mini's, I hope @Havok83 can help with that.

Don't aim for chronological order, this won't go well, especially with a series as expansive as this. Read the Original Sin event from 2014 to see why you shouldn't.

As for essential mini's, I hope @Havok83 can help with that.

Thanks man, will definitely add that to the list.

I kind wanna catch up on some key X-Men backstory stuff too though. I essentially missed all that business with Cyclops and the Phoenix force, and his whole current arc seems so interesting to me, I basically wanted to track back the last few years and enjoy it in it's entirety. Similarly, also keen to go through the main Wolverine stories as chronologically as I can.

For the wider 616, mostly happy to stick to the Event series and the more highly regarded limited series.

Who's the artist / inker for this cover of Spider-Man ? I love the artwork and colors here, I think same artist and colorist also drew some Superman comics.

cover.jpg

According to Marvel Fandom, here are the artists. No mention of different artists for the cover.

Penciler - Alan Kupperberg
Inker - Mike Esposito
Colorist - Marie Severin

why does, Reed Richards, go by "Mr." Fantastic? doesn't he have multiple doctorate degrees? seems out of character to be modest of his achievements an not go by "Dr."

Ummm, maybe because if his ego seemed to be overly inflated the others would have murdered him and he knew it.

Who exactly is the smartest character in Marvel?

They all seem to fool each other quite a bit. Is there a consensus or is it up to the writer?

Depiction of intelligence is usually up to the writer. And a lot of time, they use the mainstays as "the benchmark", where new characters are presented as smarter than.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"