The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it pretty much a lost cause for Wolf to be in this game?

I'm starting to fear Ness is out of the game, so I think Wolf is most certainly out, which sucks he was my best character.

Lest we forget... both Captain Falcon, Ness, and Jigglypuff where part of the "secret" section on the Smash Bros. website for Brawl when it came out.

Ness will be in there, Jigglypuff most likely will too. Wolf? Probably not.

I'm disgusted by Zero Suit Samus' alternate costume.

So yeah let's take one of gaming's best female protagonists and sexualize her even further.

Yeah, I'm not happy about it either guys. True, it's part of the mythology, as the costumes are taken from Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission. But when you're already catching flak about how ZSS looks? You don't add to the fire.

This one guy told me, "it's no different than Mario having his NES Golf outfit, or Little Mac having his pink training outfit!"

I didn't even respond to that, words could not describe how stupid that sounded.

Ike need to wear a thong. :o

SpringbreakWario.png

well you all kow about sorry I had over time at work just wasn't able to post today.
for those that still haven't see it yet here it is

Here Are Two Of Zero Suit Samus’ Alternate Costumes In Super Smash Bros. August 18, 2014 . 11:31pm

Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai has revealed two of Zero Suit Samus’ alternate outfits in the game.

Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai has revealed two of Zero Suit Samus’ alternate outfits in the game. The two outfits are based on the ending graphics of Metroid: Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission, and you can view the original art from those two games below.

On Miiverse, Sakurai wrote: “Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That’s what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time.”

Sakurai also showed off a screenshot of the two costumes from the Nintendo 3DS version of Super Smash Bros.:

Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission images courtesy Metroid Database.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Super Smash Bros. 3D & Super Smash Bros. Wii U & Wii U on Siliconera.
looks like what she'd wear while on a jog or at a gym I have no problem with it

it's not like I haven't seen a character that does what she does not wearing this while she's not out bounty hunting or similar but just trying to keep busy or fit. oh wait those are in stuff like si-fi shows /comic's/ anime. if it can happen in those then I have no issue with it .

But It could have been avoided I would have know what kind of trouble this would start as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was about the post that it's very much like a gym outfit. I see women wear similar outfits all the time at the YMCA I go to. Honestly, outside of the exposed midrift, I'm not seeing anything particularly sexualized here. But people have to get up in arms about everything like this nowadays.

yeah there's worse in term of action made with characters. we have to chill when they weren't aiming for something overly sexual. besides I leave the fit's of those to Marissa of EPN.TV especially when the beach is mentioned I know where it's headed with her and take cover.

Last edited:
Some possible screenshots showing some new characters:

thfLlEH.png

EdUx8TF.jpg

4deOgR0.png

Dr. Mario I can believe, but Shulk is too pie in the sky. The dog from Dog Hunt labeled as simply Dog Hunt I don't believe for a second.

Last edited:
Some possible screenshots showing some new characters:

thfLlEH.png

EdUx8TF.jpg

4deOgR0.png

Duck Hunt and Dr. Mario seem pretty odd and unlikely. I know we had Dr. Mario in Melee, but I'd still be surprised to see him back. Duck Hunt seems just too out there, and if that dog were to be included I'd think they'd spotlight him by now. Who knows, could be all official. Isn't that one guy from Xenoblade?

Oh yeah, I should've spoiler tagged that, I guess, but eh, that **** is totally fake. There's no doubt in my mind. And yeah, that guy is from Xenoblade, not sure if it's the original or the sequel, though.

As much as I'd love to beat the hell out of that Duck Hunt dog, it's just way too farfetched. Even more so than ROB or Game and Watch, I'd think.

Please be fake.

And to those saying that is a typical gym outfit, are the girls at your gym proportioned in the same way? If they are I doubt they could even walk.

Duck Hunt would be actually fun. Who's Shulk by the by? I don't believe I played his game.

well you all kow about sorry I had over time at work just wasn't able to post today.
for those that still haven't see it yet here it is

Here Are Two Of Zero Suit Samus’ Alternate Costumes In Super Smash Bros. August 18, 2014 . 11:31pm

Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai has revealed two of Zero Suit Samus’ alternate outfits in the game.

looks like what she'd wear while on a jog or at a gym I have no problem with it

it's not like I haven't seen a character that does what she does not wearing this while she's not out bounty hunting or similar but just trying to keep busy or fit. oh wait those are in stuff like si-fi shows /comic's/ anime. if it can happen in those then I have no issue with it .

But It could have been avoided I would have know what kind of trouble this would start as well.

I gotta agree i think people who are calling her "hyper sexualized" need to calm down for a minute. The costumes are stupid, but it's not like she's wearing a friggin DOA thong, and having large breasts that flap around when she moves. This is pretty much a near mormon equivelant PG rating of sexualized female video game characters.

Please be fake.

And to those saying that is a typical gym outfit, are the girls at your gym proportioned in the same way? If they are I doubt they could even walk.

I'm not sure what you mean. A two piece like that can come in variety of different sizes, just like a one piece. Generally speaking, most of the women I see at the gym or running who use those are slimmer (one of my neighbors goes for a run early in the mourning and wears that). I've seen larger women wear them, too. But, of course, those are real people; Samus is not, so obviously we're going to see some type of stylization.

Duck Hunt would be actually fun. Who's Shulk by the by? I don't believe I played his game.

He's from Xenoblade.

Oh! I've been meaning to get Xenoblade Chronicles for my Wii.

In regards to the rumored leak

I will be a bit miffed if Wolf is cut, but Dr Mario and Dark Pit are in. Especially considering Dr Mario was cut in Brawl and IIRC wasn't even planned to be brought back. He can easily be a alt costume for Mario. And Dark Pit....I may actually start agreeing with people that Sakurai is being a bit too biased on franchises he was involved with.

And no new DK rep?

I hope Dark Pit isn't in there. Mainly because unless they rework his entire moveset to be different than Pit, it'll be a waste.

Every clone I see in the game will make me scream, "We got x clones but we didn't get Wolf Link and Midna????"

Just saying.

Honestly, if that's the true roster, I'm completely content. I'm still super skeptical, but I would be totally cool.

[BLACKOUT]Bowser JR is a great choice, and I'm thrilled to see Wario back. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are the only ones I could give a **** about. They should have found room for another DK rep. Cranky or Dixie were just begging to be included.[/BLACKOUT]

wbPVwq9.png

Here's a source that seems kinda sorta maybe legit I guess. It's just more screens mostly. SPOILERS AHEAD

http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php/topic/605064-possible-leaked-screens-for-ssb4-spoilers/

The roster bothers me... im a bit saddened the dk franchise only has 2 reps and starfox got cut back to 2..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"