The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They over did it on Fire Emblem and Pokemon this time, if the roster is true.

The screens themselves just feel off to me. And the inclusion of Dr. Mario is just so random. Sure, he was in Melee, but fans have been wanting Mewtwo back since Brawl, not Dr. Mario. And honestly, he should be an alt skin, not a full character.

The screens themselves just feel off to me. And the inclusion of Dr. Mario is just so random. Sure, he was in Melee, but fans have been wanting Mewtwo back since Brawl, not Dr. Mario. And honestly, he should be an alt skin, not a full character.

I absolutely agree with this, but they gave us Zero Suit Samus and Toon Link. Those very well could have just been alt costumes, as could Lucina have been an alt for Marth. I would not be surprised if Dr. Mario came back.

If you're going to say that, don't say Zero Suit Samus. ZSS is a totally different character, moves and all. Her armor makes her a different character.

If you're going to say that, don't say Zero Suit Samus. ZSS is a totally different character, moves and all. Her armor makes her a different character.

That's fair. I didn't consider the armor and her hand cannon thing.

Exactly, between her canon, missiles, and her Morph Ball, Samus and ZSS are different. ZSS has none of that, she has her gun and a whip. And now rocket boots!

If Dr. Mario and Dark Pit take away a spot for more deserving characters, then screw Sakurai. I appreciate him for what he has done with the series and for bringing back an old NES title for modern times, but if he gets rid of Wolf and replaces him with another clone then that's just plain idiotic. Both should be alternate costumes. I do love the idea of Duck Hunt Dog being playable as the retro character of this game. As for Shulk, yeah I would be bummed that Snake got shafted (most likely), but I'll be okay with Shulk taking his place.

If it's fake, it's a good fake. But I'm still going with fake, though. T

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out to be real. The Brawl roster got leaked and people thought that was fake. I would like it to be fake due to the inclusion and exclusions of certain characters, but I learned my lesson after Brawl.

As minor of a detail as it is, one of the things that makes me think this is fake is the fact that they have the Dog from Duck Hunt, and his name is just...Duck Hunt. He doesn't have a name? I know, it's a bit of weird thing to latch onto, but Nintendo usually loves little details like that.

And, if it's true, having Dark Pit and Dr. Mario makes no sense whatsoever, since this installment is the one where we're getting actual alt costumes. It's passable with Zero Suit Samus and Shiek, since they both had their own movesets opposite their main counterpart and actually kind of make sense to have their own slot. That **** is just stupid.

As minor of a detail as it is, one of the things that makes me think this is fake is the fact that they have the Dog from Duck Hunt, and his name is just...Duck Hunt. He doesn't have a name? I know, it's a bit of weird thing to latch onto, but Nintendo usually loves little details like that.

And, if it's true, having Dark Pit and Dr. Mario makes no sense whatsoever, since this installment is the one where we're getting actual alt costumes. It's passable with Zero Suit Samus and Shiek, since they both had their own movesets opposite their main counterpart and actually kind of make sense to have their own slot. That **** is just stupid.

Those are all the points I have for doubting the leak. I don't think the dog has an actual name, so I could live with Duck Hunt as his name, but Dr. Mario and Dark Pit leave me really skeptical. Those both should just be alt. costumes.

These Famous Composers Are Working On Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS. August 22, 2014 . 2:36am

On the official website for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo have revealed a list of the composers that are working on the game.
smash3ds_thumb.jpg

On the official website for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo have revealed a list of the composers that are working on the game, and similar to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it’s a long list chock full of familiar and famous names.

Here’s the full list of musicians working on the 3DS version of the game:

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/2...-smash-bros-nintendo-3ds/#Hm2dYjPZK7SI4KjP.99

Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Lets You Listen To Music In Sleep Mode. August 22, 2014 . 8:30am

You can even skip tracks with the L and R buttons while your 3DS is asleep.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has a cool feature built into it—the ability to listen to music from the game while the 3DS is in Sleep Mode. Director Masahiro Sakurai revealed the feature on Miiverse last night.

“The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn’t it?” Sakurai said in a Miiverse post.

“The font color for the ‘Remix’ text on remixed songs comes in pink or white,” he explained. “The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases.”

Sakurai then went on to explain the “Play in Sleep Mode” feature.

“Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen,” Sakurai wrote. “You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the ‘Play in Sleep Mode’ option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed.”

“The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!”

You can view a list of the composers providing music for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS in this post.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Super Smash Bros. 3D on Siliconera.

source:Siliconera

That sleep mode feature sounds really cool, even though I'm sure it's a battery drain.

Those are all the points I have for doubting the leak. I don't think the dog has an actual name, so I could live with Duck Hunt as his name, but Dr. Mario and Dark Pit leave me really skeptical. Those both should just be alt. costumes.

True, but I would think they'd give him a name. Isn't Game & Watch's official name Mr. Game and Watch haha.

That sleep mode feature sounds really cool, even though I'm sure it's a battery drain.

True, but I would think they'd give him a name. Isn't Game & Watch's official name Mr. Game and Watch haha.

I thought he dogs name was something dumb like Mr. Peepers, but I can't find anything online to back that up.

If the leak is true, perhaps Dr Mario and Dark Pit got in for similar reasons that Lucina did. They were both planned to be alts, but Sakurai decided to give them their own slots to make the roster bigger as it doesn't take as long to put in clones as it does to put in a unique character.

And I hate to say this, but usually the most outlandish leaks end up being true. I mean if someone did make this up, why would they put Dr Mario, Dark Pit and the DHD instead of Mewtwo, a new DK rep and Ridley? Who in their right mind would actually expect a lot of people to actually fall for a leak like that?

If the leak is true, perhaps Dr Mario and Dark Pit got in for similar reasons that Lucina did. They were both planned to be alts, but Sakurai decided to give them their own slots to make the roster bigger as it doesn't take as long to put in clones as it does to put in a unique character.

And I hate to say this, but usually the most outlandish leaks end up being true. I mean if someone did make this up, why would they put Dr Mario, Dark Pit and the DHD instead of Mewtwo, a new DK rep and Ridley? Who in their right mind would actually expect a lot of people to actually fall for a leak like that?

That's a really good point. A fan made leak would have way more fan-favorite type characters, rather than one's that people are annoyed with.

I'm just going to say if that roster is true then I'm going to be bothered by it. I liked Brawl's roster well enough, but this one seems just so left field with some choices.

But isn't this roster already bigger than any of the previous ones even without those two? It seems like it is. Also, where has it been said that Lucina was planned to be an alt? Mewtwo would be the one to make sense, and there's no indications so far that he's even going to be in the game.

And the answer to the second question is pretty easy: it'd be easier to photoshop them. It'd actually take a lot of original work to make portraits for original characters and make them blend in than to take previous pictures and alter them. Some people have even pointed out that Shulk could easily be an altered picture of Little Mac. The only one of the questionables that seems to be a total original is Duck Hunt, though it could have a less obvious source.

I do think this could be true, but I have doubts. I just hope if it is that they've changed Dr. Mario and Dark Pit from their originals to warrant having a slot.

Last edited:
But isn't this roster already bigger than any of the previous ones even without those two? It seems like it is. Also, where has it been said that Lucina was planned to be an alt? Mewtwo would be the one to make sense, and there's no indications so far that he's even going to be in the game.

And the answer to the second question is pretty easy: it'd be easier to photoshop them. It'd actually take a lot of original work to make portraits for original characters and make them blend in than to take previous pictures and alter them. Some people have even pointed out that Shulk could easily be an altered picture of Little Mac. The only one of the questionables that seems to be a total original is Duck Hunt, though it could have a less obvious source.

I do think this could be true, but I have doubts. I just hope if it is that they've changed Dr. Mario and Dark Pit from their originals to warrant having a slot.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ke_it_into_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u_and_3ds
Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup. However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!
And it actually wouldn't make sense for Mewtwo to be an alt costume and would actually piss of his fanbase. I haven't played FE Awakening, but from what I heard she

dresses like Marth in the game and other characters thought that she was Marth.

So her originally being planned as an alt made more sense.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ke_it_into_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u_and_3ds
And it actually wouldn't make sense for Mewtwo to be an alt costume and would actually piss of his fanbase. I haven't played FE Awakening, but from what I heard she

dresses like Marth in the game and other characters thought that she was Marth.

So her originally being planned as an alt made more sense.

Ah hell, total brain fart there, I thought we were talking about Lucario haha. Yeah, never mind, that makes total sense.

But I will throw out another detail about why this could be fake. This is all allegedly coming from a beta tester who left the project and leaked all this stuff. The guy also put up a list of DLC to go along with it, which is doubtful he would know (even kind of doubt that Nintendo would even do DLC characters, since they still haven't for Mario Kart 8 yet, which is their megafranchise).

Honestly, this seems legit... im use to them disappointing me with clones and least requested characters... im all for the duck hunt dog and duck (though I dont think the hound looks all that much like the games) but dark pit and dr. Mario are the lazy crap id see them do. Id take almost anyone over them

It would be strange to me to have Duck Hunt Dawg for another reason: Wii Fit Trainer seemed like the weird, out of nowhere slot that no one expected that Mr. Game and Watch filled in Melee and ROB filled in Brawl. Doing that with two characters seems...off to me.

Though, saying that, maybe they didn't intend Trainer to actually be that that character, and that's just how people happened to react.

the dog/duck seems like a better assist trophy (one that would actually be awesome) ducks fly on the screen and the dog starts shooting like crazy at ducks and players alike.

but he's totally something i could see, and something i do think most people would like for nostalgia sake.

The best part about him being in would that I'd finally get to beat the goddamn hell out of that stupid thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"