The Official Superman Casting & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty big deal to some people,and I would like to see what more people think. Should the actor for Superman specifically be an American actor?

superman_hammer.jpg

Armie Hammer for Superman.

Cavill, Manganiello, or Conway please. :yay:
This. :up:

Well, I don't know about Conway acting-wise, but I do think he has a good look, so who knows. IF he can handle it on the acting front, he could be a great choice, imo.

Also, it's not letting me use the quote feature on the other thread right now, but Rust said this about Joe M:

I was starting to warm up to him. Why I dunno. But then I saw an interview with him.
I'll go with the gut-feeling. He's still not the right stuff IMO. I'm not gonna comment on his facial features, but his voice is pretty wrong, being quite harsh and nasal to the ears. Dont know if they could change it, but I'd prefer something natural and soft sounding.
I've noticed that in interviews, too, but watching True Blood, I love his voice. Much softer and super sexy. As you all know, that show is VERY HBO when it comes to language and graphic...everything, so it's damn near impossible to find a clip of him on that show that I can post here. But I daresay I succeeded. This is what I believe to be literally the only Alcide True Blood clip that's SHH appropriate, lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owOPBIwiP_U&t=14s

I think he has a fine voice for Supes. I actually prefer his voice (along with everything else) to Hammer's, as to me, it's always sounded like Hammer's speaking with a retainer in his mouth or something. TSN Example: "We'll take the conSHiderable ReSHourses at our diSHposal and SHue him in federal court!!" Am I seriously the only one who hears that? It drives me crazy.

Last edited:
I definitely hear the retainer sound in Hammer's mouth.

This is definitely a continuation thread. Same old, same old...

My choices would be Ben Mansfield( Primeval), Armie Hammer(The Social Network), Garrett Hedlund(Tron Legacy), Henry Cavill(The Tudors),Jay Jablonski(Everybody wants to be Italian), James Laffrety (One Tree Hill), Harmon Walsh

Since Mangianello is starting to look like a likely candidate I thought I'd try some manips of him;

mangianello.jpg

Nice one, JAK. :up:

One thing I've noticed about manips using a clean-shaven Manganiello (not that you have a choice) is that the last time he was clean-shaven, he was much...beefier than he is now. He's much leaner now, and it really shows in his face, imo. I was kinda hoping he'd shave in the TB off-season, but that obviously didn't happen. I'd really like to see what he looks like without the beard now, as opposed to then.

I definitely hear the retainer sound in Hammer's mouth.
Yay, I'm not crazy. I know I'm still in the minority, but I really don't want to deal with a Superman who sounds like that for 2+ hours.

Last edited:
I agree with that :up:

Cavill or Joe M. but Conway!! I just cannot get my head around that! Subjective as this is he doesn't look that good if you grade him based on ALL avalable clips/pictures. Even Joe M though in some stuff I think hmm?? Not sure and then I'll see something else and he seems perfect. Depending how they shoot him any slight negatives can be worked around. I'm actually kind of excited at the prospect of him getting it. You watch now he won't get it lol!

I wish we could have a new updated poll with some of the popular casting choices currently.

I wish we could have a new updated poll with some of the popular casting choices currently.

I still like to see Michael Fassbender given a chance.

michaelredcarpet1.jpg

fassbendersuperman.jpg

I wouldn't mind Alexander Skarsgard or Scott Porter either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"