The Official Superman Returns Toyline-Collectibles Thread

Discussion in 'Products' started by dbrm, Feb 7, 2006.

1. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

I have a pretty good Idea envoleing the Deluxe Superman figures, and the DCSH Superman figure, anybody care to know?

2. Metropolis_Man Mister Doctor?

I'm getting quaker oats for free figures.

3. JokerFish Registered

I got the code for free so you dont have to buy the Cereal

Just go to quakeroats.com/findsuperman and enter.

But if you do buy the cereal, Cap'n Crunch has a coupon inside for buy 2 action figures get $3.00 off which I will be using in the future when the stores have em on sale......like what Target had last year for Batman Begins....

4. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

ATTENTION, DO NOT BUY FLIGHT FORCE SUPERMAN RETURNS DELUXE FIGURE!!! I Saw it at my local target today and it SUCKS!!! for one main crucial reason. IT has like...a giant lump in the back. It's horrible!!!

5. newmexneon Registered

That giant lump is what gives it the flying feel. You wind it up and and move it around thru the air with your hand and it gives it a feeling of flying. You have to remember, these are TOYS aimed at small children, not us nerdy collectors. The Deluxe figures are pretty cool. The worst of the three would have to be the Super Punch figure becaues you can only put him in one position.

6. newmexneon Registered

The select sculpt series are real nice looking even though they aren't poseable but they are a nice and cheap alternative to the really expensive statues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

I guess, but I'm gonna use the Deluxe figures as parts to make the ideal Superman figure.

8. Whack Arnolds Registered

Go for it, Brolly.

9. 4NutzinYoface Registered

WOW! Man that blows! Thanks so much for the info Brolly! Nice lookin' out...now I know the only figure worth spending over $10 on is the Ultra Heat Vision Superman figure for sure! And I can't wait to see what you are planning for your Superman figure :)

And Newmexneon check out this review of the Superman Returns figures... ;)

http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_040306a.htm ...Mr. Crawford makes one HELLUVA point about these figures in the closing statements of his review.

10. 4NutzinYoface Registered

Here is another pic. taken from eBay: Superman Returns Ultra Heat Vision Superman.....man oh man do I want this bad boy! Lookatit!!! Mattel CAN make really cool figures....it's a shame that there is now Lex Luthor in a white trenchcoat in this line and a goon/henchman to go along with Luthor :(

[​IMG]

TELL me an action figure that looks like this guy wouldn't sell?!? It'd be so awesome!

[​IMG]

11. newmexneon Registered

No he doesn't make a good point. He sounds like another adult collector *****ing about the quality of a childrens toy because it doesn't meet his expectations as a collector. Kids don't give a damn about articulation, or how well the figure is sculpted, they just want something that is fun to play with.

12. Whack Arnolds Registered

Hey, someone who gets it. :up: :o :eek: :O

13. JokerFish Registered

That is not true.

Kids can tell the difference. I know I could when I was 5.
    Like Michael Crawford said in his review, Kids arent stupid. They just take what they are offered. In this case, the Superman Returns figures range from good to god Awful (somewhere in between) but this is all that is offered from Mattel so the kids will buy it no matter what.

Mattel can make good figures if they tried hard to but its because they are so behind in the times, they still think kids want action figures that can actually perform "actions"

And yes, they should have made at least one villain in the 7" scale.

And no one should say that its just another collector *****ing about a kids "toy". If not for collectors, the action figure market right now wouldnt have survived.

They could have made good Superman Returns figures for Kida and collectors.
    Look at the Spiderman, Hulk and X-men figures. Most have sold very quickly and had action features, but because it was incorporated with great sculpts and articulation, collectors bought them also.
    Sure we may like to ***** from time to time but we wouldnt have to so much if they actually made us a little happier.

14. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Thats weird....the head sculpt in that picture looks different from the last picture we saw. Ahhh it must be the lighting. OH and 4nutz, just make your own luthor. When the Kryptonite Armor comes out, I'm gonna give him a white coat which I have and BAMM regular lex luthor, it's pretty simple.

15. slvknight Guest

how long do TRU exclusives last for?

16. JokerFish Registered

Depends on how much stock they have. May go quick or may go slow.

The Ras exclusive is still lingering here.
    They will most likely not clearence exclusives but they may give it away for free as a promotion later on. Like what they did with the Batman Begins and Star Wars figures last year.

17. 4NutzinYoface Registered

Hey, someone who gets it. :up: :o :eek: :O........... :up: :D :D

JokerFish....you are THE MAN! FINALLY someone who understands what I'm talking about....thanks for comin' out WA.

18. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

MY customization shall begin.

19. JokerFish Registered

No problem.

I know exactly how you feel. And sometimes people just cant get that past their heads that these toys didnt have to be just "kids" toys.

If Mattel had made these things a bit better, then everyone would be buying them. Not just hardcore Superman Collectors and Kids. The casual collector that collects everything that they can get their hands on, will most likely skip these due to the lack of articulation and sculpt.t they really should be made better.

Im not bashing these toys because they have action features.
    I love action features!
    But sometimes that takes over most toys and ends up ruining it in the long run.

If you dont want us to ***** more about these figures then why are you supporting Mattel at making these figures?
    We could stop buying these things right now and there would be an impact and maybe we can knock some sense into Mattel's head.
    Though we probably wont have much influence as to say, the bunch of kids and parents that are going to buy the figures, it will probably help to influence Mattel to head for making higer quality figures.
    Every little thing counts.

Mattel has the capability to win over us collectors (DC Superheroes anyone?)
    but these movie figures really should be better.

Im not saying that im not gonna buy these figures, but really Mattel.......if you dont win over the collectors, how exactly are you going to run a successful toy company? Toy Biz is fantastic as they have everything in their figures. Sure they may have a "bad egg" figure every once in a while, but at least they listen. They have a wide variaty of chracters, the sculpt is great, and the articulation blows yours mind!
    Plus the action features dont ruin the figure.

Kids may not care but collectors will. If Mattel is trying to run a successful company, they need to learn something from Nintendo. They cant just cater to one group of people. They have to cater to EVERY group of people. If they thought about that:
    A) they could be making more money
    B) they could have more sales and maybe have a fan base going
    and
    C) WE WOULDNT BE B******G!!

Besides, Michael Crawford has been collecting toys for years now. Hes known the buisness for a long time and is very well respected. Hes seen the rise and fall of toy companies past the many years. And from his criticisms on his site, some Toy companies actually have listened to him and have grown to be very successful. From his words toy lines can fail or be praised till the end.

This post sounds a bit repetitive. So im just gonna stop talking.......NOW!

20. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Ok here's the deal, basicly, I'm gonna change the DCSH Supermans' head and fists. WHY cause I hate the head sculpt (it looks to mean and not good) and the fists look like boxing gloves. SO for changing the head, I'm gonna use the DC Direct Superman's, And for the fists, I'm thinking about using the Deluxe Superman Returns Mega Punch figure.

21. 4NutzinYoface Registered

.....wow....I cannot even BEGIN to tell you what a breath of fresh air you are! You ARE NOT being repetitive, keep preachin' brother! ;) :D

I am so sick and tired of having this stigma attached to an older person who buys figures. I mean I for one do not A-keep my figures in the package, I play with them dammit! B-do not buy the really popular ones and re sell them on eBay or whatnot or C-think that kids do not matter when it comes to toys

I don't mind action features myself...have them if you must, but don't forget about making the actual figure look decent ya know? I mean for christ sakes what is this?

[​IMG]

The only person I can see enjoying this figure would be a 2 year old, because he'd feel good on the kids gums if he is teething. An 8 yr. old kid would take one look at this dude and be like 'Huh? What happened to Superman? This guy looks like a dink!"

If that same kid took a look at the Heat Vision Ultra 7-inch figure he'd more than likely go "COOL! Mommy/Daddy I want that one!" and not to mention people who recognize what a good toy should look like in this day and age would snap that figure up as well.

I still maintain that Mattel must do some kind of research and see what the costumers want. That is why I always am chimin' off about how much I think they've kicked the consumers in the nuts. When I go to my Toys R Us you know what I see? Over 100 and some Superman Returns figures on a display that doesn't have a dent in it....what display does have a dent in it? The one with them really cool figures by Mattel, the Superman, Batman, yadda yadda...you know the ones. The ones that actually have decent size and sculpting.

Why not put the same amount of attention to detail in the toys based off of a movie that has the potential to just sky rocket to insane heights of popularity?

If you like the toys, that's cool...heck you know what? I envy those that do. I myself and a Superman and action figure fan, and I am not impressed at all. I happen to think the vast majority of people who were looking forward to Superman Returns movie based action figures are pretty pissed about the whole situation.

JokerFish 1 Luv man, you are the best! :)

22. Whack Arnolds Registered

You don't have to be impressed to like them...

23. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

I love how he uses that certain figure for an example.

24. Wushuboy Registered

How can you assume that kids don't know what quality sculpting and articulation is? Some of you seriously don't give kids enough credit nor do you respect the intelligence of children. Keep their expectations low and they wont care what you give them is that it? I guarantee you that kids want well sculpted and articulated toys just as much as adult collectors. If you dont give them that how do you know that they wouldnt appreciate it? Kids are smarter than you think and the only reason they buy these mostly crappy mattel toys is because that's the only thing they are offered. It's people like that, who think kids are ignorant, who think it's alright to give kids shoddy figures.

25. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

When I was a kid, I always acted like a collector. Always making sure the figure I bought was pefect, no levers or cheep action featurs, nada.Still that way today, but that's not stoping me from buying the SR figures.

TO each their own I suppose.