The Official Superman Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The short cape looks a little weird but I'll get used to it. The 21st century Paul Bunyan take actually makes a whole lot of sense,really looking forward to this.

Reposting this:
Here's the cover to the first "Action Comics" No. 1 in 73 years -- and the latest version of Superman is part E.T., part Paul Bunyan and even a little Bruce Springsteen.
"This is a young Superman who still believes a better world for everyone is possible," said writer Grant Morrison, who'll be chronicling the Man of Steel's days as the world's first superhero when DC Comics relaunches its entire line of comics in September.
The Post got a sneak peek ahead of this week's San Diego Comic-Con.
While most of the titles, including "Batman" and "Green Lantern," will showcase DC's iconic heroes when they're well into their careers, "Action Comics" shows the earliest adventures of Superman, who's initially a bluejeans-and-T-shirt-wearing crimefighter with a small red cape.
young_superman--300x450.jpg

Superman

"We felt it was time for the big adventures of a 21st-century Paul Bunyan who fights for the weak and downtrodden against bullies of all kinds, from robot invaders and crime lords to corrupt city officials," said Morrison, a former "X-Men" writer.
"The new look reflects his status as a street-level defender of the ordinary man and woman."
The series will show how Clark Kent becomes the world's foremost superhero and how he got his iconic costume, which has been tweaked in the new continuity -- meaning no more red briefs.
The original "Action Comics" No. 1 (inset), which featured the debut of Superman, is one of the world's most sought-after comics. A copy sold for $1.5 million last March.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz1SRuZbRE5

And to think that look looks much better than his upcoming new design. I'm liking what Morrison is saying here.

This sounds absolutely fab to me I love the sound of what Morrison has planned for the character and how he intends to portray him. It's exactly the way i think Superman should be written and I'm really interested in what kind of stories Morrison is going to tell with the character

So looking at things I think we'll see two different Superman's one (Action Comics Superman)who is not married to Lois and just starting out and one (Regular title Superman) who is married and well into his career as a hero. To be honest I like this idea a sort of.

We have no idea how the regular title Superman will be portrayed and if his marriage is intact.

Maria and Arnold ... J.Lo and Marc Anthony ... and now Superman and Lois Lane are officially KAPUT ... TMZ has learned. Seriously.

Sources at DC Comics tell us ... the company is rebooting the Superman comic book series in September -- with a brand new Superman #1 -- in the hopes of creating a new starting point for fans with more modern, relevant story lines.

And there are some HUGE developments ... including the fact that Lois and Clark are NOT together. In fact, we're told Lois has new boyfriend.

But perhaps even more shocking -- NO MORE RED UNDERWEAR!!!! Instead, new Superman (see above photo) will sport an all blue bodysuit with his trademark red cape.

Still, we gotta ask ... Is that Kryptonite in his pocket ... or is he just happy to see us?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/18/super...-series-dc-comics-broken-up-split-clark-kent/

hopefully it will be i like superman and lois as a couple :up:

|
|
\/

maria and arnold ... J.lo and marc anthony ... And now superman and lois lane are officially kaput ... Tmz has learned. Seriously.

Sources at dc comics tell us ... The company is rebooting the superman comic book series in september -- with a brand new superman #1 -- in the hopes of creating a new starting point for fans with more modern, relevant story lines.

And there are some huge developments ... Including the fact that lois and clark are not together. In fact, we're told lois has new boyfriend.

But perhaps even more shocking -- no more red underwear!!!! Instead, new superman (see above photo) will sport an all blue bodysuit with his trademark red cape.

Still, we gotta ask ... Is that kryptonite in his pocket ... Or is he just happy to see us?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/18/super...-series-dc-comics-broken-up-split-clark-kent/

Maria and Arnold ... J.Lo and Marc Anthony ... and now Superman and Lois Lane are officially KAPUT ... TMZ has learned. Seriously.

Sources at DC Comics tell us ... the company is rebooting the Superman comic book series in September -- with a brand new Superman #1 -- in the hopes of creating a new starting point for fans with more modern, relevant story lines.

And there are some HUGE developments ... including the fact that Lois and Clark are NOT together. In fact, we're told Lois has new boyfriend.

But perhaps even more shocking -- NO MORE RED UNDERWEAR!!!! Instead, new Superman (see above photo) will sport an all blue bodysuit with his trademark red cape.

Still, we gotta ask ... Is that Kryptonite in his pocket ... or is he just happy to see us?

:cmad::cmad::cmad:I am hoping this is for Action comics and not the other Superman title.:cmad::cmad::cmad:. However if it is than so be it. As I have told myself I can live with this since it did not come out of him making a deal with the devil but instead it came out of Barry screwing up the timeline. And yes I know he didn't do it but for story purposes it is the result of what happened. However unlike Spider-Man we all know the endgame to Superman and Lois which is why I am also fine with it because it is only a matter of time before they become an item again.

At the moment Action Comics is sounding a lot better to me than Superman but I'm probably going to check both out

I'll be interested to see how/if Morrison writes Superman's supporting cast and villains too. He wrote a pretty neat Luthor in All Star Superman

I want to see Morrison's take on Brainiac, Metalllo, and Parasite! And more of his Lex and Jimmy!

That and I want to see more action from the 5th Dimension and Bizarro World.

Last edited:
More info here and here. Action Comics will show a young Superman as a "street-level defender", both Jonathan and Martha are dead, and he's now more Kal-El than Clark. None of this sounds particularly good to me at all.

Not liking the Kents being dead and a more alien Superman.

Hope springs eternal-......well, at least it does when Grant Morrison is involved.

I want to see Morrison's take on Brainiac, Metalllo, and Parasite! And more of his Lex and Jimmy!

If Morrison makes Jimmy a transvestite in this continuity as well I will love him forever :atp:

And i would really dig seeing Morrison write Metallo I am sure he could do something interesting with him

so if this new suit is more kryptonian and he's more kalel than clark kent, i'm thinking this gives them a way out for superman to find his humanity again. if the reboot is failing and sales are down, it's a way for dc to go back to a more traditional look.

Not liking the Kents being dead and a more alien Superman.

I dont mind the Kents having passed away in the comic books so much but I hope that Superman has a good mix of humanity and his alien hetitage

Morrison says that Superman is going to be fighting against oppression and standing up for people who are persecuted so he obviously does still care about humanity even if he is more alien :)

I normally wouldn't care that much for a costume like this, since it seems kind of bleh-ish to me to have costumes like this, but I like this one considering the context, and we finally get a costume that isn't drowning in a sea of its own seams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"