The Official Superman Thread - Part 6

So an Anniversary special to the Death of Superman... plus introducing a new Doomsday character?! This could either be a good thing or something very average that cheapen Doomsday

20220828_114202.jpg

Death of Superman wasn’t really all that great the first time around. The best things about that story were (1) the fact that it regenerated interest in comics in general; and (2) the excellent and criminally underrated animated adaptation whose screenplay was written by Peter Tomasi.

I am infinitely more excited about Mark Waid’s Birthright follow-up.

How did Lex Luthor get elected president? Other than the writers disliking Bush and wanting Luthor to be compared to or stand in for him?

How did Lex Luthor get elected president? Other than the writers disliking Bush and wanting Luthor to be compared to or stand in for him?

We live in a world where Donald Trump got elected

I no longer doubt that there are enough absolute ****ing morons in this country who'd vote for anyone no matter how utterly blatantly evil they are

If a writer wanted to write a story where people voted for Captain Nazi the only thing that would break my suspension of disbelief is "He wasn't born in the USA so he's not legally eligible"

So after all that…. Superman’s secret identity is being recon back into existence

can’t say I’m surprised. I knew it was only a matter of time before this would happen. The question is how are they going to justify this?

So after all that…. Superman’s secret identity is being recon back into existence

can’t say I’m surprised. I knew it was only a matter of time before this would happen. The question is how are they going to justify this?

Whatever this was it doesn't exist anymore...

EDIT: It popped back up now. I guess Twitter is acting funny.

Whatever this was it doesn't exist anymore...

EDIT: It popped back up now. I guess Twitter is acting funny.

Action Comics #1050 will see the return of Clark Kent back in the world at large and unrecognizable once more as Superman. Somehow DC comics is going to put the genie back in the bottle regarding Superman secret identity.

Action Comics #1050 will see the return of Clark Kent back in the world at large and unrecognizable once more as Superman. Somehow DC comics is going to put the genie back in the bottle regarding Superman secret identity.
Thank goodness. I’ve been waiting for them to undo that trash decision lol. It was only a matter of time. Just another thing to love PKJ for I guess. :funny:

Now just retcon the rest of Bendis’ run and make Jon a kid again pls. :o

Thank goodness. I’ve been waiting for them to undo that trash decision lol. It was only a matter of time. Just another thing to love PKJ for I guess. :funny:

Now just retcon the rest of Bendis’ run and make Jon a kid again pls. :o

Yeah, most of Bendis stuff lead to nothing at all.
I would miss jay, but i would give that up to have kid Jon again.

I Wonder what the idea Was to reveal clarks identity or if it really was just this one month shocker and Nobody really had any Plan to Do something with it.
In the end either way a Good decision imo.
I just like secret identities.

Such great news and I agree about wanting a 10 year old Jon back. Erasing everything Bendis did would be a dream come true!

The Anniversary Special was cool. The Dan Jurgens Story was the best but the rest fits well within the original story.
I listened to P. K. Johnson's interview on the website of Superman homepage. I stoppedbuying the series regular issues a while ago but the man convinced me to try is run and I felt that, at last, at last ! , Superman was in good hands.
It was about time.

I listened to P. K. Johnson's interview on the website of Superman homepage. I stoppedbuying the series regular issues a while ago but the man convinced me to try is run and I felt that, at last, at last ! , Superman was in good hands.
It was about time.
I have to say, I have been reading Warworld Saga and I am completely amazed at how good this is. It is like PKJ took everything I love about Superman, put it in a blender, added honey and sugar and then served it iced with boba. It is so amazing!

I now have 4 issues left, and I have to give a big thanks to @flickchick85 @CrimsonMist and @Mani-Man for their glowing praise of this story, that convinced me to give it a read, because post-Bendis I had lost all interest in Superman. All of the love and joy that I had during Tomasi’s incredible run was dashed to pieces and then run over by a garbage truck. But then PKJ came in and gave us this. I’m so thankful. I feel like an idiot, because reading it has put me in a perpetually better mood the last few days.

Warworld Saga?

upload_2022-12-6_10-26-55.gif

I have to say, I have been reading Warworld Saga and I am completely amazed at how good this is. It is like PKJ took everything I love about Superman, put it in a blender, added honey and sugar and then served it iced with boba. It is so amazing!

I now have 4 issues left, and I have to give a big thanks to @flickchick85 @CrimsonMist and @Mani-Man for their glowing praise of this story, that convinced me to give it a read, because post-Bendis I had lost all interest in Superman. All of the love and joy that I had during Tomasi’s incredible run was dashed to pieces and then run over by a garbage truck. But then PKJ came in and gave us this. I’m so thankful. I feel like an idiot, because reading it has put me in a perpetually better mood the last few days.

Warworld Saga?

View attachment 60421

So I'm confused is this story out in trade form or not? I saw one on Amazon that doesn't come out until February but I also saw a trade at my local comic shop that had Warworld/ Future State Superman on the cover. I got the Future State figure for Christmas and want to read the story.

So I'm confused is this story out in trade form or not? I saw one on Amazon that doesn't come out until February but I also saw a trade at my local comic shop that had Warworld/ Future State Superman on the cover. I got the Future State figure for Christmas and want to read the story.
It's the most recently concluded arc in Action Comics, so it's still being collected in trades. You can go ahead and read Future State, as that came before PKJ's main AC run and that's where he sets the stage for it. PKJ's main run begins with this one: Amazon.com

Though, that's more of a transition from Bendis' run and a prelude to the Warworld Saga. The Warworld Saga properly begins with this one: https://a.co/d/2DGVp2T

This is Part 2: Amazon.com

Part 3 is the one that comes out in February ("Warworld Revolution"), and that's the conclusion of the arc.

It's the most recently concluded arc in Action Comics, so it's still being collected in trades. You can go ahead and read Future State, as that came before PKJ's main AC run and that's where he sets the stage for it. PKJ's main run begins with this one: Amazon.com

Though, that's more of a transition from Bendis' run and a prelude to the Warworld Saga. The Warworld Saga properly begins with this one: Amazon.com

This is Part 2: Amazon.com

Part 3 is the one that comes out in February ("Warworld Revolution"), and that's the conclusion of the arc.

Thanks for the reply. I never would have considered that the story was that many parts.

Thanks for the reply. I never would have considered that the story was that many parts.
Anytime! And yeah, I'd say it certainly qualifies as a "saga" lol. I’m hoping it gets collected it’s own omni or deluxe edition at some point, because that’s one I will happily double dip on.

So basically Lex’s ego get bruise by the World knowing that Superman is Clark Kent. He used Manchester Black abilities to mentally blast the World into forgetting Superman’s secret identity with the exception of his family, wife, son and the entire Superhero community. Honestly I’m glad the status quo is back, how it was accomplished is a duel edge sword as it perfectly showcases Lex evilness in prime fashion, but it’s also a cruse because of the consequences of potential death in whom every tries to think of it as we saw Perry had a heart attack when the notion of Clark being Superman nearly killed him.

Jon seems very happy with being able to walk around freely without being known as the Son of Superman. I’m happy Lois can now return to being a world renowned high profile journalist who’s isn’t simply known as Superman’s wife. She can have her own identity once more.

Lois Lane gets a big promotion

New status quo indeed. I'm glad Lois finally gets the title of Editor and Cheif for The Daily Planet. Perry would be very proud. But does this mean she's no longer going to chase after the stories that have gained her a fearless reputation as the top award winning investigated journalist ?!

Reactions: Gee
So, I just read Emperor Joker for the first time. I have intended to read it for a while but just got around to it. Such a great Superman story. Not in my top 5, but not far off either. I will have to give more thoughts after I’ve had time to digest it more fully.

Just got done reading Action Comics #1051 and this was a great way to start not only the new Superman era of comics but the Dawn of DC as well. Really liked the backups as well with the Powergirl one being particularly emotional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"