The Official Superman Thread - Part 6

Today's Superman #41 was pretty good.

[BLACKOUT]Ninja Superman! :woot:[/BLACKOUT]

Yes, it was!! The Super books, with Yang and Pak are in excellent hands!

This really is a great era for Superman comics. They even got me buying Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman with this Truth story and I'm really enjoying them again.

so far, Truth has been really interesting in all of those titles. Also, I think his friendship with Jimmy really beneficiated from Jimmy knowhing he's superman.

Superman #41, AC #41 and Batman/Superman #21 are all fantastic. This is the first time I have been legitimately invested in a crossover.

Last edited:
Super -dudes, a request !

Could someone with the time and energy please post a synopsis of Action comics 41, 42 and the other "Truth " episodes ( Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman/Superman).

Down here we seem to be years behind the rest of the world in terms of getting up to date comics. The one comic shop in Wellington, where I live, had 3 copies of Action 41, sold them all, and won't get another one in for about 3 weeks at least. (New Zealand is a GREAT place to live, but modern stuff like Netflix, takes its time making its way down here).

I am seriously looking at getting comics online instead, but while I'm restricted to paper copies (which are also sold at double North American prices) I can't keep track of the current adventures of the Man of Steel.
And I'm worried about him ! He's still trying his best to save the world without his powers, or his secret identity, which can't be easy. He seems to be doing okay, but I'm still concerned.

Anyway, if someone could please post some details and help me out that would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

I'd recommend digital if you can't get any physical copies, although it isn't as satisfying to read imo. If you don't have an issue with digital, go for it.

Yeah comixology all the way dude. I still buy floppies myself but I also live in NYC. It's not exactly a hassle to find a place to buy them at out here.

I don't want to say too much about the issues to someone who hasn't read them because even basic premises give spoilers and it's really a story you should just jump into.

I will say this though: the Superman/Wonder Woman chapter focused on a Smallville in a world where Clark Kent is Superman is common knowledge. Which was pretty welcome and also unexpected since I didn't expect to see something like that so soon after the Ultra-Humanite arc over in Action.

I don't think I've ever been so happy to see Superman punch someone in the face

Yeah comixology all the way dude. I still buy floppies myself but I also live in NYC. It's not exactly a hassle to find a place to buy them at out here.

I don't want to say too much about the issues to someone who hasn't read them because even basic premises give spoilers and it's really a story you should just jump into.

I will say this though: the Superman/Wonder Woman chapter focused on a Smallville in a world where Clark Kent is Superman is common knowledge. Which was pretty welcome and also unexpected since I didn't expect to see something like that so soon after the Ultra-Humanite arc over in Action.

Cheers, but feel free to spoil stuff for me - I love spoilers.

Not sure I can afford comixology (with the exchange rate). And in terms of floppies, again with the exchange rate and the mark up on comics down here, I cannot afford to follow cross-overs. :(

Hopefully the Truth storyline will come out in a collected graphic novel, as the buzz is making me excited about it.

Not sure I can afford comixology (with the exchange rate). And in terms of floppies, again with the exchange rate and the mark up on comics down here, I cannot afford to follow cross-overs. :(

Hopefully the Truth storyline will come out in a collected graphic novel, as the buzz is making me excited about it.

I'm in the exact same boat as you.

I'm in the exact same boat as you.

I feel your pain bro. But still, if thats the downside of living in New Zealand, I can handle it ( I've been putting up with it for nearly 20 years). Still, if i can find a relatively inexpensive online source I'll switch to digital.

Cheers. :)

During today’s panel at COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2015, fans were treated to a Fortress of Solitude-sized dose of news about the Man of Steel.

The panel kicked off with comic book legend Neal Adams announcing his plans for COMING OF THE SUPERMEN, scheduled for November. In this six-issue limited series, fans can expect the same sense of wonder that Bat-fans encountered with his BATMAN: ODYSSEY miniseries. This story pits Superman against the evil Darkseid and his son, brutal Kalibak. But this time he has help from an unlikely place: Three national heroes from the city of Kandor (now known as New Krypton) who see Superman as a legend. Even Superman’s arch-enemy Lex Luthor is forced to ally himself with these heroes to prevent Darkseid from laying waste to the universe.

Hollywood screenwriter and Eisner-nominee Max Landis (CHRONICLE) followed up with the announcement of November’s SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN, a seven part collection of stories from the life of Clark Kent. Ranging from heartwarming and simple to gritty and two-fisted and even humorous, each story captures a pivotal moment in Clark’s development into the archetypical hero he’s become. Landis will be joined by seven of the industry’s greatest artists:

Ryan Sook will provide the cover art, with artists JOCK (BATMAN, GREEN ARROW: YEAR ONE), Nick Dragotta, Tommy Lee Edwards (MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, THE QUESTION), Joelle Jones, Jae Lee (BATMAN/SUPERMAN), Francis Manapul (DETECTIVE COMICS) and Jonathan Case (BATMAN ’66) providing interior art.

Award-winning graphic novelist and new SUPERMAN writer Gene Yang and ACTION COMICS co-writer Greg Pak updated fans on Superman, recapping the events from “TRUTH” and giving fans a look into what’s happening next in “JUSTICE,” where a newly de-powered Superman continues to deal with the consequences of his now public secret identity and a Metropolis police department making things increasingly difficult for folks in his neighborhood.

http://www.comicosity.com/dc-comics-announces-coming-of-the-supermen-superman-american-alien-more/

In this six-issue limited series, fans can expect the same sense of wonder that Bat-fans encountered with his BATMAN: ODYSSEY miniseries.

Soooo the same sense of wondering what the **** happened to Neal Adams?

Wow. Reading Twitter I had no idea Max Landis had such a bad rep with fans. People act like this is Frank Miller's ASB&R.

I enjoyed Batman: Odyssey (sue me) so I might check it out.

Action Comics

After a hiatus since being exposed to the world Clark Kent returns to Metropolis. This time he comes across Kentville a section of Metropolis where he originally lived and which now celebrates the fact that he's always been Superman.

Kentville and it's residents get threatened by the authorities since Clark Kent is also a wanted man due to being an illegal and highly dangerous fraud in the eyes of the world who hoodwinked everybody by breaking the law in different ways (ie: vigilantism, writing stories on Superman etc.)

The authorities get on them for harboring a wanted man and Superman tries his best to defend them because he's Superman.

Superman/Wonder Woman

Clark Kent returns to Smallville in light of the events of the Ultra Humanite arc back in Action Comics followed by his identity being exposed to the world. It's a great way to introduce Wonder Woman to that side of Superman's world.

Batman/Superman

Unaware of Batman's disappearance post-Endgame Superman encounters the all new RoboJim who doesn't view the Batman/Superman dynamic in a traditional way. Instead he's trying to put Superman behind bars.

Superman

The events in this book take place before the other books. This is the side of the story that shows how and why Lois exposed Superman's secret ID to the world.

Action Comics

After a hiatus since being exposed to the world Clark Kent returns to Metropolis. This time he comes across Kentville a section of Metropolis where he originally lived and which now celebrates the fact that he's always been Superman.

Kentville and it's residents get threatened by the authorities since Clark Kent is also a wanted man due to being an illegal and highly dangerous fraud in the eyes of the world who hoodwinked everybody by breaking the law in different ways (ie: vigilantism, writing stories on Superman etc.)

The authorities get on them for harboring a wanted man and Superman tries his best to defend them because he's Superman.

Superman/Wonder Woman

Clark Kent returns to Smallville in light of the events of the Ultra Humanite arc back in Action Comics followed by his identity being exposed to the world. It's a great way to introduce Wonder Woman to that side of Superman's world.

Batman/Superman

Unaware of Batman's disappearance post-Endgame Superman encounters the all new RoboJim who doesn't view the Batman/Superman dynamic in a traditional way. Instead he's trying to put Superman behind bars.

Superman

The events in this book take place before the other books. This is the side of the story that shows how and why Lois exposed Superman's secret ID to the world.

Much appreciated dude ! Many thanks. :db:

Posted on Adams's official Facebook page a few days ago, apparently a print he had for sale at SDCC. Could well be a cover/promo for CotS. I hope so, it looks great.

11grqdh.jpg

I dig Adams craziness. Batman Odyssey was a ton of fun. You can bet i will be here for coming of the supermen.

Posted on Adams's official Facebook page a few days ago, apparently a print he had for sale at SDCC. Could well be a cover/promo for CotS. I hope so, it looks great.

11grqdh.jpg

It's Henry Cavill wearing Brandon Routh's belt buckle!

I'll buy anything that Neal does; great guy and a great talent!

SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN #1
Written by MAX LANDIS
Art by NICK DRAGOTTA
Cover by RYAN SOOK
1:25 Variant cover by NICK DRAGOTTA
On sale NOVEMBER 11 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 7, $3.99 US • RATED T+
Hollywood screenwriter and Eisner Award nominee Max Landis (Chronicle, American Ultra, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN) joins forces with top comics artists including Jock, Francis Manapul and Jae Lee to bring you SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN, a 7-issue miniseries chronicling the life of Clark Kent and his development into the archetypal hero he will eventually become. But these are not the stories of the iconic “Superman” as you know him, but of the soft-spoken, charming, often-funny Kansas farm-boy behind the Man of Steel. With the tone of each issue ranging from heartwarming and simple, to frighteningly gritty and violent, to sexy, sun-kissed and funny, SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN is unlike anything you’ve seen before.
In this first issue, superstar artist Nick Dragotta (East of West, Fantastic Four) illustrates the story of Jonathan and Martha Kent as they struggle to deal with their 12-year-old son’s latest quirk—he’s been floating up into the air, sometimes hundreds of feet!
LQLlako.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"