The Official Superman Thread - Part 6

Agreed, I love "American Alien" so far.

BTW, does anyone have any idea when the superman from the regular Superman books will get his powers / suit back?

I haven't been following the comics lately, but I read something about how he might get his powers back through kryptonite, using it like chemotherapy to deal with whatever it is in his body that's taking his powers away.

I own the last 2 months worth of Superman monthlies but haven't really made time for any outside of Lois and Clark yet.

I do expect him to be at full power by the time he is set to meet pre-flashpoint Superman which is in March.

So who's exited for Neal Adams 'Supermen'.....?

I definitely am, I hope it will be as good as it looks. I don't even collect comics anymore but I'll be getting this digitally. How many issues is it going to be?

I don't know. I guess you liked Neal's Batman series? That was a catastrophy...

I'm very excited for that. I know all about his last foray into Batman... I didn't read it myself, but I've seen scans and heard stuff... But I just can't NOT be exited for a classic artist doing a classic version of Superman, after all we've been saddled with the last five-ish years.

Maybe he'll redeem himself with Superman, who knows.

I'm very excited for that. I know all about his last foray into Batman... I didn't read it myself, but I've seen scans and heard stuff... But I just can't NOT be exited for a classic artist doing a classic version of Superman, after all we've been saddled with the last five-ish years.

My feelings exactly (although I know nothing of this bad Batman run). He's written great stuff in the past so we know he has it in him. What excited me most was seeing that image with Superman and the other Supermen. He actually looked like Superman not that New 52 version.

If DC gives Superman a new suit post "Rebirth", I hope it looks something like this.
Ol5XdpP.jpg

I'd happily take a streamlined version of the BvS suit for the main comics-- Get rid of the detailing around the hips/legs/wrists, and keep a thick broken yellow line leading to an oval around his waist.

I miss the classic Superman look. Something about the T-shirt and jeans doesnt make him seem so "super" to me

In all honesty, I want the pre-flashpoint Clark, Lois, and Jon {their son}; from the Convergence: Superman tie in and the Superman: Lois & Clark miniseries; To replace the new 52 Lois and Clark post DC: Rebirth.

Also if they would do this he should return to his classic suit.
4548470-superman+0188.jpg

I'd happily take a streamlined version of the BvS suit for the main comics-- Get rid of the detailing around the hips/legs/wrists, and keep a thick broken yellow line leading to an oval around his waist.

That's more or less taking away the thing that makes it a BvS suit. Without the details on the body suit it's more or less a standard Superman suit without trunks.

What I'd do is keep the details but make them red while also retaining the yellow belt-like design.

I miss the classic Superman look. Something about the T-shirt and jeans doesnt make him seem so "super" to me

Yeah, the T-shirt & jeans look is pretty lame.

Is Superman back in the suit he got just before the Truth arc or the original New 52 suit?

Superman is the only hero I can think of that looks better with the trunks than without. Unless he's wearing all black, then I think it looks great without the trunks. I like the black background behind the "S" too.

Last edited:
Superman is the only hero I can think of that looks better with the trunks than without. Unless he's wearing all black, then I think it looks great without the trunks. I like the black background behind the "S" too.

Respectfully, I think Supes (and variations on Supes ) have had plenty of
cool costumes that didn't need the trunks.

Earth-2-25-Spoilers-Superman-Val-Zod-Batman-DC-New-52-67-e1404450712244.jpg

crime-syndicate-banner.png

262004-133810-ultraman.gif

latest

and there's plenty more..

I think that some Artists can pull off the trunks, like this....

byrnesuperman.jpg

smso-cv4-ds-revised-copy_02.jpg

although while I love Christopher Reeve, and always think of him as Superman, I think that this version is a bit too reverent to the movie. Superman had a distinct appearance before Reeve took on the role - and while Reeve embodied the personality of Superman, I have to say that Cavill looks more like Superman as I imagine him. But that's just me.

Anyway, if the trunks are gone, I'm okay with that, I think the circus strongman outfit was certainly okay for the 20th century, but time has moved on IMO.

Respectfully, I think Supes (and variations on Supes ) have had plenty of
cool costumes that didn't need the trunks.

Earth-2-25-Spoilers-Superman-Val-Zod-Batman-DC-New-52-67-e1404450712244.jpg

crime-syndicate-banner.png

262004-133810-ultraman.gif

latest

and there's plenty more..

I think that some Artists can pull off the trunks, like this....

byrnesuperman.jpg

smso-cv4-ds-revised-copy_02.jpg

although while I love Christopher Reeve, and always think of him as Superman, I think that this version is a bit too reverent to the movie. Superman had a distinct appearance before Reeve took on the role - and while Reeve embodied the personality of Superman, I have to say that Cavill looks more like Superman as I imagine him. But that's just me.

Anyway, if the trunks are gone, I'm okay with that, I think the circus strongman outfit was certainly okay for the 20th century, but time has moved on IMO.

There's been a few times artists have drawn Superman like Cavill also. I don't see what basing him off Reeve one time matters, Superman's face changes all the time.

There's been a few times artists have drawn Superman like Cavill also. I don't see what basing him off Reeve one time matters, Superman's face changes all the time.

Actually, I get the impression that many more artists have drawn a Superman who looks more like Cavill than Reeve - Adams' Superman certainly has more of Cavill's frame if not his hair.

1380824_622579111118321_1169532430_n.jpg

My favorite "young Superman" story is Superman for All Seasons.
latest

The latest issue of American Alien is pretty great, check it out when you can

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"