The Official Tattoo Thread (from now on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's dick. :down

not really.... most tattoo artists rent their chair... and they charge their own prices... so it's not like most of what they make goes back to the owner, it stays with them, they just have to pay a certian amount to use the chair monthly...

my buddy was a tattoo artist, and he always told us not to tip him, because he included that within his price...

same thing goes when you get your hair cut... if it's a chain place like cOst cutters (don't know why you would go there), you would tip them... if they have their own chair at a place, your don't tip them.

Basic etiquette dictates that tattoo artists are supposed to be tipped, as are anyone who cuts/washes/styles your hair. And every tattoo artists I have talked to, and I also have several friends in the profession, always complain about people never tipping.

Basic etiquette dictates that tattoo artists are supposed to be tipped, as are anyone who cuts/washes/styles your hair. And every tattoo artists I have talked to, and I also have several friends in the profession, always complain about people never tipping.

that's just being gready... you are paying for a service... that's what you get...

like the stupid tip jar at Starbucks... I paid for the coffee, why should i give extra?

Now dinner, you are paying for the food and atmosphere... the service in extra, that you tip depending on the qaulity....

If I pay 500 for a tattoo on my arm, I'm not paying him 100 for a tip... he gets that 500 for himself to begin with

If im paying 300 bucks for a tattoo, and you want me to put in even more? Thats ridiculous.

For me, when I get a tattoo. I get estimates from people first. So the reason I went to the certain guy is cause of his work and his price.

This is what I want to get, but my mom's against the idea. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I think having the Dark Mark would be awesome.

HPDarkMark.jpg

He doesn't get $500. He gets a percentage of it, minus his time, the cost of ink, the cost of needles, the cost to sterilize everything, etc. But whatever, I'm glad I'm not a tattoo artist. :o

This is what I want to get, but my mom's against the idea. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I think having the Dark Mark would be awesome.

HPDarkMark.jpg

Oh wow that's a big step. Would you have it placed on the inside of your forearm like that? That can cause for lots of problems in the future when you're looking for jobs.

Oh wow that's a big step. Would you have it placed on the inside of your forearm like that? That can cause for lots of problems in the future when you're looking for jobs.

Yeah, I'd get it on the inside of my forearm, just like the Death Eaters have it in the books and movies. And I don't get why people are so judgmental about tattoos when it comes to hiring. Would a person without a tattoo do any worse or better of a job than a person with a tattoo?

Yeah, I'd get it on the inside of my forearm, just like the Death Eaters have it in the books and movies. And I don't get why people are so judgmental about tattoos when it comes to hiring. Would a person without a tattoo do any worse or better of a job than a person with a tattoo?
No, not necesarily, but that's how the job market it :(

Most places don't anymore. Worst they'd probably say is wear long sleeves, and if you're going for a decent job, you'd prolly be wearing one anyway. :o

I hate wearing long sleeves. For some reason I'm almost always hot and long sleeves just makes it worse.

that's just being gready... you are paying for a service... that's what you get...

like the stupid tip jar at Starbucks... I paid for the coffee, why should i give extra?

Now dinner, you are paying for the food and atmosphere... the service in extra, that you tip depending on the qaulity....

If I pay 500 for a tattoo on my arm, I'm not paying him 100 for a tip... he gets that 500 for himself to begin with

Tattoo places around here...from what I know of, it's all 'under the table pay'. I think it goes by...they get about half. I always try to tip to be nice. And I like hanging out at tattoo parlors, too.

There's an entire subplot behind tipping the tattoo artist you guys are missing though. The first time, he's always going to do a great job. But he will remember you because his art is on you. I mean, unless it's your last night in that city, there's always the chance you're going to see him next time you go to get ink. If he remembers that you tipped him before, he'll remember you fondly--he may cut the price down for you a bit, or if you are getting something done that's not his forte [like portrait work instead of calligraphy] he could send you to a friend and have the friend knock a few bucks off the price. It's all about estabishing a relationship with the artist.

Most professional businesses flat out do not allow visible tattoos. Same thing goes for multiple visible piercings, colorful hair, etc.

Well, I suggest having a steady job then before you get any on your forearms. It may be hard finding one later on in life and you may regret it. Be safe to either have a steady job or just wait till you do.

If you "hate wearing long sleeves" and plan on getting a professional job in the near future, I'd say hold off on getting your forearms tattooed.
Unfortunately most professions still look down upon visible tattoos and the odds of you finding one that doesn't have a problem with it are minimal.

As for tipping your tattoo artist... Drakon said it best. You don't HAVE to tip your tattoo artist, but it's the decent thing to do and will benefit both you and the artist in the long run. I havn't met a tattoo artist yet who didn't have to give 50% to the owner of the shop for every piece they did. Many have to pay for needles and ink on top of this. Getting a tattoo isn't like buying a comic book or even a painting. You are trusting a person, to not only create a work of art, but do so in a short amount of time, with minimal to no errors, on the first attempt, that will be permenantly on your body. If that doesn't deserve a tip I really don't know what does.

Most professional businesses flat out do not allow visible tattoos. Same thing goes for multiple visible piercings, colorful hair, etc.

If you "hate wearing long sleeves" and plan on getting a professional job in the near future, I'd say hold off on getting your forearms tattooed.
Unfortunately most professions still look down upon visible tattoos and the odds of you finding one that doesn't have a problem with it are minimal.

As for tipping your tattoo artist... Drakon said it best. You don't HAVE to tip your tattoo artist, but it's the decent thing to do and will benefit both you and the artist in the long run. I havn't met a tattoo artist yet who didn't have to give 50% to the owner of the shop for every piece they did. Many have to pay for needles and ink on top of this. Getting a tattoo isn't like buying a comic book or even a painting. You are trusting a person, to not only create a work of art, but do so in a short amount of time, with minimal to no errors, on the first attempt, that will be permenantly on your body. If that doesn't deserve a tip I really don't know what does.

I only know of fast food places and Walmart that don't look down upon visible tats, esp on the forearms. :woot: which I have....2. The only bad thing is...visible tats are likely to get faded over time. And the ink in the tender wrist area don't like to stay in at all.

I have no problem covering my tats up, only problem I have is finding the long sleeve shirts. I have none.

I know which tat I want next when I get a job and save the money for it. I don't know for sure what it's called, but it's one of those black ink tribe tats. I saw one that is long...it could go from my left elbow and down on the outer part of my left forearm. Yes, won't match at all with my other tats, but I don't care for patterns with tats.

If you want a tattoo on your arm, just wear long sleeved shirts. It's a simple solution. I know it presents a problem for girls, but it's a sacrifice you should be willing to make.

:huh: tats don't get you girls, dude.
I mean insofar as fashion, some days a girl might want to wear a dress or something to work and thus their tattoo would show. :huh:

Did you live in a goddamned bubble or something? :huh:

I mean, how do you not get things? :huh:

I mean insofar as fashion, some days a girl might want to wear a dress or something to work and thus their tattoo would show. :huh:

Did you live in a goddamned bubble or something? :huh:

I mean, how do you not get things? :huh:

Very good question....guess I'm crazy or ****ed up in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"