The Official The Last Guardian Thread!!!

Yeah, the Japanese box art was infinitely better than the American one.

oh this is good news i have always wanted to play Shadow heres hope to a Kingdom Hearts Remake *crosses fingers*

Wow, wrong thread

Last edited:
New shots!!!:awesome::up:

source:http://www.famitsu.com/news/201009/images/00033454/ATEt85t215i13V62lLi94r6HZCw494oc.html

qJ1o8H628519yJ75kJkQ7Jfr82L3uluW.jpg

ZJYD849m8rhfTFAV31233D2jC4qijclK.jpg

and these, just because they're FREAKING AWESOME!!!:eek::up:

BHc34f16Sl8n1N7LNLyXa721WfCA7khG.jpg

MSkXtNMM7u198AQ525gxHuF8XbV2U6f5.jpg

SXBlF8f9m8dxAJr5zd8t7kTn6tXqJM15.jpg

ATEt85t215i13V62lLi94r6HZCw494oc.jpg

Those Last Guardian shots look awesome. Man I cannot wait to see more of this game.

Holiday 2011 confirmed.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/16/last-guardian-confirmed-for-holiday-2011/

Fumito Ueda’s just confirmed a holiday 2011 release for The Last Guardian at Sony’s TGS presser.

The date was mentioned at the end of a, quite frankly, amazing trailer for the game.
No mention on if the date was for Japan or if it was worldwide.
Some new screens were released for it yesterday. It’ll be shown behind closed doors to press later on today at TGS,
The last Team ICO title, Shadow of the Colossus, released back in Europe in 2006 for PS2, and will be getting a re-release on PS3 alongside ICO.

*Hugs his Giant baby gryphon,*:hrt:

"there, there, Bartholomew, I wont abandon you for SOTC in 3D!!!":awesome::up:

*Knocks out Bartholomew and runs to pre-order!!!*:twisted::twisted::twisted::oldrazz::D:up:

I hope we can turn off the 3D in the new Collection if not then no buy for me

I hope we can turn off the 3D in the new Collection if not then no buy for me
3D is purely optional. The game would be completely unplayable if it werent

I can't be disappointed that TLG is still such a long way away (more than a year) because the game looks so good. Plus we have the HD re-releases to hold us over.

Just preordered this on Amazon. I'm crossing my fingers that the December release date is a safety date and it might actually come out sooner. Either way, I want Team ICO to take as long as they need to make another fantastic gaming experience. I would rather wait longer for a quality game than something that was slightly rushed.

The Last Guardian and Ico Collection CANCELLED.

Just kidding, but they have delayed it indefinitely. Which isn't that much better I suppose. :[

i am happy it got pushed back to 2012 because Sony doesn't have a strong lineup for 2012

Anyone already pick up their Ico/Shadow HD collection yet?

I just can't wait to scale some Colosso in HD, it's going to be glorious.

I got mine, but I'm so far behind because I've been so busy. I have Resistance 3, Gears of War 3 to finish, and Dark Souls coming out next week. I think it will take me a while to catch up lol.

Anyone know where the hell the Last Guardian clip is? I looked on the extras disc and it's not listed. The back of the game case says it's one of the extras.

I think I read somewhere that you have to finish both games to unlock it.

Or you could watch it on YouTube.

Woah:

Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian creator Fumito Ueda has left Sony, Eurogamer understands.

Japanese video game development sources indicated the 41-year-old is working on finishing oft-delayed PlayStation 3 exclusive The Last Guardian in a freelance capacity.
Ueda's departure from Sony internal development studio Team Ico is one of the reasons for the game's protracted development, Eurogamer was told.

Following the completion of the game, Ueda will embark on personal projects.
In September Sony reassured gamers that Team Ico was still "hard at work" on The Last Guardian, despite the high-profile PS3 exclusive missing the Tokyo Game Show.
The previous month SCE Studios president Shuhei Yoshida gave an exasperated-sounding Last Guardian progress update:

"It's been very difficult in terms of seeing the progress: not as fast as we'd been hoping for, and the team has been under big pressure," he said.

The Last Guardian was delayed earlier this year to an unspecified time in 2012. The cat-eagle adventure was originally slated for a "late 2011" release.
Ueda was director and lead designer on PlayStation 2 games Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, which both took four years to develop.

The Last Guardian was first mentioned as being in development over four years ago, in February 2007, by Japanese magazine Famitsu. It was eventually revealed at E3 2009 with an eye-catching trailer. However, it failed to show at E3 2011, Gamescom 2011 and Tokyo Game Show 2011.
Sony told Eurogamer it does not comment on rumour and speculation.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ardian-creator-fumito-ueda-leaves-sony-rumour

IGN is reporting that he is still working on the game in a freelance capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"