The Official The Last Guardian Thread!!!

I was hoping The Last Guardian would come out next year, but now I'm hoping it comes out at all.

I guess Team Ico is pretty much done for after The Last Guardian ships. I really hope none of this is affecting development. :/

"Hello, this is GameStop calling with important news regarding your reservation. We've been notified by the vendor that The Last Guardian has been canceled. To reserve a different title or have your reservation money refunded, please go to your local store.

"To repeat, we've been notified that the vendor has canceled production of the game The Last Guardian. If you have any questions please call your local store. Thank you. Goodbye."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/22/the-last-guardian-cancelled.aspx

:doh:

A lot of people are getting this message apparently. I wonder if it's been moved to a PSN title...

I don't think it will get cancelled. I think the'ye just having issues with the game I just hope it releases in 2012

I don't see why a company would cancel a game that has been worked on for this long and must be close to being finished.

Damn it Sony! :cmad:

What’s the latest on The Last Guardian?

It’s making progress. There have been technical issues and the engineering team is reworking it. It’s playable, but not to the level of when we can say it’s coming.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that was a joke.

Probably not far from the truth though.:csad:

Yeah just a joke. The development time for this is almost to the 5 year mark and they are still having issues with it. Hope my joke doesn't turn into reality.

The Last Guardian Development Team Dealing With "Technical Issues"

August 15, 2012 . 11:10am“There are certain technical issues they’ve been working on,” says Sony Worldwide Studios president, Shuhei Yoshida.

source:silicera

Ok I spent alot of time in search and didn't find this if there is another thread I'll have them both merged til then I'm done searching for tonight.

I'm still crossing my fingers this game gets released at some point.

It is pretty amazing that we all thought it was 'late' when it showed up at E3 in 2009 and now it's 2013 and we're no closer to a release date.

Ueda offers an update of sorts on the game.

As some of you may have heard, I left Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio some time ago to pursue my creative passions. Nevertheless, I continue working on THE LAST GUARDIAN as a freelance contributor.

While it's been a long time coming, THE LAST GUARDIAN remains under my creative supervision and is still in development by an incredibly talented team.

I should also mention that details regarding THE LAST GUARDIAN's release is solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself. Please keep an eye out for their official announcement.

Moving forward, it is my intent to continue my involvement with THE LAST GUARDIAN project, as well as pursue new creative projects with a fresh perspective. As I rekindle my passions as a creator, I look forward to seeing where it will take me, and I deeply appreciate your support during this transition.

They need to make an official announcement about the game soon. It's been four years.

I'm still thinking SCEA has pushed this for a PS4 title, which would be fine by me. I think that explains the "quiet" for so long.

Yep. The timing of this update to the PS4 announcement is pretty telling.

I'm still thinking SCEA has pushed this for a PS4 title, which would be fine by me. I think that explains the "quiet" for so long.
and you were correct.

News

February 15 Rundown – New Super Luigi U, The Last Guardian

Victor has the latest news from Nintendo, including the announcement of New Super Luigi U. He also has details about Captain America's messy love triangle, The Last Guardian, The Last Exorcism Part II and more in the Rundown...

source:EPD.Tv/ROTR

Well we'll find out fo' sho in just a few days now (or maybe at E3).

It's not really feasible that The Last Guardian is anything other than a PS4 game right now, I think.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/12/the-last-guardian-development-alive-and-kicking-says-yoshida/

I don't know jack about making video games but I wonder if they will release this for the PS4 instead of the PS3. I'm not sure how much longer or harder it will be to bring it over since it was being developed for the PS3, IE: a less powerful system. Will the graphics be upgraded or look like a PS3 game, which isn't bad considering I like the graphics on the PS3.

Either way, I'm still holding on to my Amazon preorder from two years ago. :funny:

I think its a given it will come out for the PS4 and not the PS3. They aren't talking about it but Id bet money on that. Its in a similar scenario as FF VS XIII and look what happened to that. I think internally this game may have been cancelled and they started a new project with a new creative vision for the PS4, much like what happened with Metal Gear Rising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"