The official "THE OFFICE - SEASON 3 DISCUSSION THREAD"

it'll also be great seeing the Michael/Jan relationship in season 4.

Jen really annoyed me in that episdoe, although I'm sure that was the point, to feel how Michael is feeling. I really sympathise with Mr Scott.

'The Office' Spin-Off in the Works?

Is Dwight Schrute about to have his own TV series? That’s the buzz at NBC, where new head of programming Ben Silverman could be thinking about a spin-off from the hit sitcom "The Office."

Silverman is the man who brought "The Office" to NBC from its original Ricky Gervais premise in the U.K., so the notion of a spin-off isn’t that far-fetched.

When I ran into Rainn Wilson, the actor who plays Dwight on the show, at Sunday night’s post-Tony party, he actually brought up the idea, then seemed a little surprised he’d said it out loud.

But Dwight is to "The Office" what Frasier once was to "Cheers," so the idea isn’t that preposterous.

And Silverman is charged with quickly turning things around at ratings-deprived NBC. Putting Dwight into a new office setting isn’t such a bad idea. After all, the Gervais concept seems almost limitless in its appeal and further expansion.

Yeah but Cheers and Friends were the most watched comedies and had a made their mark after a decade on the air. The Office has been on for 2.5 years and sits around 8 million viewers, a Shrute spinoff would likely only produce those numbers. So a 30 minute block might pull in decent numbers but I doubt The Office will ever be the 20 million viewer show it deserves to be so a spinoff wouldn't make sense from a business view.

As for moving perhaps the funniest character from The Office to a new show, it would hurt the original show and how do you build a show around Dwight?

So NBC may have fired the man who kept The Office on the air for a second season, they brought in the man who brought the rights to NBC and helped produce the show.

The office without Dwight would not be the office. When you create a spinoff of a current series, you do it for a character that the show can survive without. Buffy was fine after Angel left. Grey's Anatomy will be fine after Addison leaves. The Office would fail if Dwight left.

[06.21.07 - 01:38 PM]
EMMY® AND GOLDEN GLOBE®-WINNING SITCOM THE OFFICE TO JOIN TBS LINE-UP
Released by TBS
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

Emmy and Golden Globe-Winning Sitcom THE OFFICE to Join TBS Line-Up

Top-Rated Series from NBC Universal To Be Repurposed on TBS Beginning in Fall 2007

One of the funniest workplaces in television history is coming to TBS when the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning series THE OFFICE joins the network's line-up in Fall 2007, according to an announcement today by Ken Schwab, senior vice president of programming for TBS and sister network TNT. TBS's deal for the series, which stars Steve Carrell (Evan Almighty, The 40-Year-Old Virgin), includes non-exclusive broadband streaming, on-demand and wireless rights to run concurrent with the off-network telecast rights, which will begin in Fall 2009. Jonathan Katz, senior vice president of program planning and acquisitions for Turner Entertainment Group, negotiated the deal on behalf of Turner Broadcasting with Frances Manfredi, senior vice president/general sales manager, Cable & Non-Theatrical Sales, NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution.

"THE OFFICE is not only a top-notch sitcom, but also one of the most relatable comedies on television," said Schwab. "Anyone who has ever worked for a completely clueless boss, had an inner-office romance or simply worked among an odd assortment of coworkers will immediately get the offbeat humor in this series. It's a wonderful addition to our line-up, and we're thrilled to bring it to our audience of comedy lovers."

The 2006 Emmy winner for Outstanding Comedy Series, THE OFFICE is a documentary-style look into the humorous and sometimes poignant foolishness that plagues the 9-to-5 world. It delves into the lives of the workers at Dunder Mifflin paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Regional manager Michael Scott (Golden Globe winner and Emmy nominee Carell) is a single, middle-aged man who is the boastful tour guide for the documentary. With unshaken enthusiasm, he believes he is the office funnyman, a fountain of business wisdom and his employees' cool friend. He has no clue that his employees tolerate his inappropriate behavior only because he signs their paychecks.

Michael's staff includes Pam Beesly (Jenna Fischer, Slither), the friendly office receptionist who bears the brunt of his routines; Jim Halpert (John Krasinski, Jarhead, Kinsey), a likable sales rep with a good sense of humor who should have found a better job years ago; Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson, Six Feet Under), the arrogant assistant to the regional manager; and Ryan Howard (B.J. Novak, Punk'd), a young, smart, self-possessed temp, who quickly figures out the real office politics.

In addition to its 2006 Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series and Golden Globe for lead Carrell, THE OFFICE has earned four Emmy nominations, a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Ensemble in a Comedy Series, two Television Critics Association Awards and two Writers Guild of America Awards. THE OFFICE, from Reveille and Universal Media Studio, is executive-produced by Ben Silverman; Greg Daniels, who developed the series for American audiences; Ricky Gervais, who starred in the British version of the series; Stephen Merchant; and Howard Klein.

TBS, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is television's "very funny" network. It serves as home to such hot contemporary comedies as Sex and the City, Everybody Loves Raymond, Family Guy, King of Queens, Seinfeld and Friends; original comedy series like My Boys, The Bill Engvall Show, 10 Items or Less and Frank TV (working title); first-run series like Tyler Perry's House of Payne; specials and special events, such as Funniest Commercials of the Year and The Comedy Festival in Las Vegas; blockbuster movies; and hosted movie showcases.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a TimeWarner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming to the basic cable industry.

Great news! This should help boost The Office ratings slightly. It will be advertised during reruns of the most popular shows from the past decade.

TBS has 2 hour blocks of Everybody Loves Raymond and Friends a few times during the week, so I'm guessing The Office will take an hour from those blocks early in the week.

And in 2009, The Office will also be shown on local Fox stations.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070621nuts01

TBS's deal for the series, which stars Steve Carrell (Evan Almighty, The 40-Year-Old Virgin), includes non-exclusive broadband streaming, on-demand and wireless rights to run concurrent with the off-network telecast rights, which will begin in Fall 2009

Wait... are re-runs starting in the Fall of '07 or of '09? And what does repurposed mean? I can't see the show airing on TBS yet, there's just about 50 episodes or so. By 2009 they should be close if not over 100 which usually gets a show syndicated. I'm confused.

Wait... are re-runs starting in the Fall of '07 or of '09? And what does repurposed mean? I can't see the show airing on TBS yet, there's just about 50 episodes or so. By 2009 they should be close if not over 100 which usually gets a show syndicated. I'm confused.

It means they can air episodes online or on a on-demand channel in 2009.

Yes in 2009 they'll have around 100 episodes which is when they will air 6 times a week on local Fox channels.

TBS is a cable channel and doesn't need 100 episodes to air reruns. Its probably only going to be on 4 times a week for 2 nights for the first couple of years.

Family Guy had 50 episodes when it first started airing on TBS. It isn't like it was in the 1990s, things change. Just know that this fall you can watch The Office on TBS.

So was Kevin serious when he said he was an excellent poker player that one time?

Seemed like he was being sarcastic but then you see him play it pretty seriously at the warehouse bachelor party

TheOffice_S3_early.jpg

Universal Home Video has now published release date and DVD bonus material information about The Office Season 3!

Release Date: Sept. 4, 2007

Price: $37.98

Disc 1 bonus materials
* Deleted Scenes
* “The Coup” Commentary with John Krasinski, Rainn Wilson, Rashida Jones and Angela Kinsey
* “Initiation” Commentary with BJ Novak, Rainn Wilson and Leslie David Baker

Disc 2 bonus materials
* Deleted Scenes
* Kevin Cooks Stuff in The Office
* Excerpts From the 2006 NBC Primetime Preview Hosted by “The Office” Cast
* Toby Wraparounds
* Dwight Schrute Music Video
* Joss Whedon Interview
* Videos From The Office “Make Your Own Promo” Contest

Disc 3 bonus materials
* Deleted Scenes
* “Traveling Salesman”, “The Return” Commentary with John Krasinski, Rainn Wilson, Rashida Jones, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker and Editor Dave Rogers
* “Business School” Commentary with BJ Novak, Rainn Wilson and Writer Brent Forrester

Disc 4 bonus materials
* Deleted Scenes
* Blooper Reel
* Lazy Scranton Video
* Excerpt from the 58th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards
* “Safety Training” Commentary with BJ Novak, Mindy Kaling and Director Harold Ramis
* “Women’s Appreciation” Commentary with Jenna Fisher, Angela Kinsey, Kate Flannery and Writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky
* “Beach Game” Commentary with Ed Helms, Brian Baumgartner, Writer Jennifer Celotta and Director Harold Ramis
* “The Job” Commentary wtih John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Rashida Jones, Melora Hardin, Editor David Rogers and Director Ken Kwapis

Source

Nice set of special features! :) I'm especially interested in the "Dwight Schrute Music Video" on Disc 2 :D

And hellz yeah to Prison Mike making the cover! haha

I can't believe they put Prison Mike on the cover. That's awesome.

I can't believe they put Prison Mike on the cover. That's awesome.

Michael: Close your eyes. Picture a convict. What's he wearing? Nothing special. Baseball cap on backwards. Baggy pants. He says something ordinary, like 'Yo, that's shizzle.' Okay, now slowly open your eyes again. Who were you picturing? A black man? Wrong. That was a white woman. Surprised? Well, shame on you.

Michael: What was the worst part about prison? The dementors. They flew around and sucked out your soul.

Michael: [to Ryan during a "scared straight" seminar] You, my friend, would be da belle of da ball.
Ryan: [mortified; quietly] Michael, please.

"The guy was just hanging brain. What's all the fuss?"
(talking head) "If that's flashing, then lock me up."

I just re-watched Women's Appreciation and that is easily the best Creed line I've ever heard.

"The guy was just hanging brain. What's all the fuss?"
(talking head) "If that's flashing, then lock me up."

I just re-watched Women's Appreciation and that is easily the best Creed line I've ever heard.

Every line Creed has is hilarious.

Every line Creed has is hilarious.
"Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago. You should see how many supplies I've taken from this place. Honestly, I love stealing things!"

Top 10 most awkward Office moments..

[YT]K_W30ciTI8Y[/YT]

Top 10 Jim Faces
[YT]aQyRmedOvxA[/YT]

Top10 Jim and Dwight moments
[YT]u6kisY3-m5s[/YT]

Micheal's Top 10 homemade movies

[YT]LP8gudCF5d0[/YT]

Top 10 Best Lines
[YT]NFdioNSuFI4[/YT]

Top 10 Funniest Moments
[YT]tGlyfds4hVA[/YT]

I don't agree with all of them, but it brings back some good times.

Kevin to Creed: I heard Jim's has got it big for Pam....

Creed: Ohhh *smiles*....which one is pam?

Thanks for the video links SlyGuyTtjn. The Office is the best show on T.V since Seinfeld.

Thanks for the video links SlyGuyTtjn. The Office is the best show on T.V since Seinfeld.

A-men to that!

I still like it when Jim acts like Dwight..
Jim- "Question. What kind of bear is best?"
Dwight- "That's a ridiculous question.."
Jim- "False. The black Bear"
Dwight- "Well that's debateable.. There are basically two schools of thought.."
Jim- "Fact. Bears eat beats. Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica"

Recently I saw a clip of season four that shows Michael asking Pam to smell his breath. When she says no, Dwight says he'll do it. He does and replies "Good, not great." It was from the NBC preview show that will air tomorrow, I'm sure there will be more of a clip tomorrow.

Recently I saw a clip of season four that shows Michael asking Pam to smell his breath. When she says no, Dwight says he'll do it. He does and replies "Good, not great." It was from the NBC preview show that will air tomorrow, I'm sure there will be more of a clip tomorrow.

That's a scene from season 3, or maybe 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"