The Official TIH Video Game Thread

The Joker_1000

Superhero
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed that their will be a game based on the movie or a new Hulk game period?

Has anyone confirmed that their will be a game based on the movie or a new Hulk game period?

Game based on movie, but with diffrent story line.

Free Roam.
And you can change from Hulk to Bruce at any time of the game.

Not doubting the information, but when was this confirmed? And is Activision behind this game too? I'm really anxious to get a new Hulk game.

It was comfirmed right after the incredible hulk:Ultimate destruction game came out. They said those options were going to be in the upcoming hulk game. And there hasent been a hulk game since.

Well, it better be as good or better than 'Hulk: Ultimate Destruction'. This time around he should be able to run even faster & jump even farther & higher.

Marvel 2008 Video Game Releases (Release dates controlled by Publishing partner)
"The Incredible Hulk," Sega - Targeted 2008

I was actually wondering about this yesterday, glad to know it's happening.

And yes, Ultimate Destruction is the standard now, as long as it's at least as good as that I'll be happy.

Same here. I think 'Hulk: Ultimate Destruction' is the best superhero game ever. Hopefully we'll get even more out of the next Hulk game.

Well I think the similar Spider-Man 2 was better executed, but H:UD is a ton of fun.

I found H:UD to be a much better game than SM-2 although SM-2 is definitely up there. Think about it, in H:UD you could smash buildings, disguise yourself, make steel boxing gloves & there were just a ton of things to fool around with. This game needs to at least have half the stuff H:UD had.

Marvel and SEGA Team for More Superhero Games

Marvel Entertainment, Inc., SEGA® Europe Ltd and SEGA® of America, Inc. have expanded their relationship to include the rights to develop and distribute games inspired by Marvel's Hall-of-Fame franchises -- Captain America, The Incredible Hulk and ThorIron Man, with both game and film slated to be released in May 2008.

[...]
Under the expanded agreement, SEGA will develop a title to be based on Marvel Studios' highly-anticipated The Incredible Hulk feature film. Hitting theaters June 13, 2008, the film will return the larger-than-life Super Hero to the roots of the long-running comic series and television show with an all-new action-packed storyline directed by Louis Leterrier (Transporter 2, Unleashed). The Incredible Hulk video game will be released in the same timeframe as the film. Games based on Captain America and Thor will follow, though the timing of those feature film projects, currently in development, has not yet been determined.

I've had Ultimate Destruction for 2 years now and I still play that game quite often.:D

The new one better be like that, only bigger areas to roam in, great graphics, all the same moves plus more.

Don't @%^# it up!:cmad:

I'm still kinda sad.:o

Why? so far Iron Man looks really good considering they still have 10-11 months to work on it.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/781/781618p2.html

IGN: Do you have any ideas off the top of your head what you want to pull in from some of the other games? I mean obviously, Ultimate Destruction was one of those games everybody looked at and was like "Aw, man, somebody nailed it on what that character was."

Steinberg:
Yeah, I agree. I think that has justifiably been held up as the model. I think that's one of the reasons why, to one of your earlier comments, there isn't such a bad track record as most people think. There are some really good movies, some good game properties that have been published that people forget or they don't really elevate to the degree they should be relative to maybe ten years ago where they were all not very good. So I think that's definitely a great model, and that was actually not timed with a theater release. I think it would have done a lot better if it had been attached to a Hulk movie that was shipping into the theaters. So I think that is indeed the model, and when we talk more about the game itself we can kind of articulate some of our ideas a bit clearer.

from this interview, it seems that they want to make the new one like Ultimate Destruction.

patience and have faith, SEGA knows what they're doing.

Yeah, I think we'll all agree that Ultimate Destruction was a HULK fan's dream come true... There are plenty of area's for improvement though, mostly expanding on capabilities such as swimming would be cool, Smashing any of the buildings would be a BIG plus including the INSIDE of the building. Ditch the running all the way up the skyscraper crap, momentum wouldn't carry him that high. Also, what about under the city? Wouldn't it be awesome to go terrorizing through the sewers chasing Abomination and tearing stuff up!

I'd love to be able to tear up the ground, jump down into the sewer & jump back through onto the streets just to scare the crap out of civilians. But yeah, if you had to chase a villain through the sewers that'd be cool too.

patience and have faith, SEGA knows what they're doing.

As a bigger fan of videogames, than superhero's... I laugh at you. Sega has BUTCHED one of THEIR Mascots, is about to ruin an old game with a sequal (NiGHTS) and the Ironman game looks like CRAP except to fanboys who need a quick Iron fix.

Ditch the running all the way up the skyscraper crap, momentum wouldn't carry him that high.
I didn't really agree with it being a Hulkism, but now it's there taking it away would minus the fun.

Yeah, running up the sides of buildings are run & if you stop running, you do a backflip. I love that.

As a bigger fan of videogames, than superhero's... I laugh at you. Sega has BUTCHED one of THEIR Mascots, is about to ruin an old game with a sequal (NiGHTS) and the Ironman game looks like CRAP except to fanboys who need a quick Iron fix.

Sure Sonic's been butchered, but what other mascots and premire games haven't been butchered lately, Mario's recent games haven't been awe-inspiring, the Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat series have gone downhill, plus many, many others that have had a sh** load of sequals.

How does Iron Man look like crap? They've still got 10 months to work on it. Sheesh give it some damn time.

How the hell do you know NiGHTS is going to be ruined, have you played it, do you have some kind of advanced copy that no one knows about? again quit *****ing and moaning on a game that isn't even finished yet.

from the other post in the Iron Man forums you just seem like a bitter SEGA hater, so please **** and quit trolling boards.

Iron Man looked great, especially for an early build, if the Hulk game has a good partnership with the film like the iron man game does, it should be a great game... I was worried that the hulk switched companies, Hulk UD is my favourite superhero game, but after seeing what they've done with Iron Man so far it's got me a little excited... & **** about these games that havent been released being ruined, u havent played them, so ur criticisms are useless... U jus sound like a tard...

I just hope they don't dumb-down the storyline like they did with Spider-Man 3, the changes they made were bad, I want the storyline from the film in the game, no dumbing down so that children can play the game... Make this & Iron Man mature titles...

I'm waiting until I get more information & they release some screens until I say if the game may be a success. I'm hoping that this game will be a success & they'll also include the Grey Hulk in the game like they've done with the last two video games.

Sega updates game:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/812/812220p1.html?RSSwhen2007-08-10_151500&RSSid=812220

SEGA Names Hulk Developers
Which studios will be delivering the movie tie-in?
by Daemon Hatfield
August 10, 2007 - Today SEGA announced the developers currently working on the videogame tie-ins to next summer's The Incredible Hulk. The publisher announced back in April it would be presenting a game based on the lovable green lug but wasn't ready to divulge the project's developers at that time.

Edge of Reality is handling the console versions of the game. The developer is also currently working on Cipher Complex and Fear & Respect for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Specific platforms that will serve as The Incredible Hulk's stomping grounds have not been announced, yet.

The handheld iterations are being handled by Amaze Entertainment, makers of other tie-in fare such as Shrek the Third and Eragon.

The Incredible Hulk videogames are scheduled to arrive around the same time as the film, which will be released June 13, 2008. SEGA promises more details on the game will be released over the next few months.

Sure Sonic's been butchered, but what other mascots and premire games haven't been butchered lately, Mario's recent games haven't been awe-inspiring, the Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat series have gone downhill, plus many, many others that have had a sh** load of sequals.

How does Iron Man look like crap? They've still got 10 months to work on it. Sheesh give it some damn time.

How the hell do you know NiGHTS is going to be ruined, have you played it, do you have some kind of advanced copy that no one knows about? again quit *****ing and moaning on a game that isn't even finished yet.

from the other post in the Iron Man forums you just seem like a bitter SEGA hater, so please **** and quit trolling boards.

Those arn't Sega Properties that you listed off though. Just because Nintendo, Midway, Edios, Capcom have not left their big sellers in the dust... oh... wait... last actual Street Fighter to come out (III: Third Strike) was a long freaking time ago... well in any case, just because the others havn't left them with bad teams, doesn't mean SEGA hasn't.

Iron Man DOES look like crap. Not because it's SEGA, but because it looks like crap to me, my opinion stands.

NiGHTS impressions from most editors of most Nintendo channels will tell you, it's pretty much crap. Will I be playing it? Yeah, definately. I was too big a fan of the original. But... it's Sonic Team, they havn't made a good game since Yuji Naka left because SEGA was trying to take over his series. (Sonic)

Not a bitter SEGA hater. They do good work on their arcades, excellent in fact. Hence why VF5 turned out so freaking awesome. I was a SEGA fanboy up until a few years ago, when they let theirselves go. Mostly because their development has been turned towards arcades with consoles as a second priority.

And now finally, I am not trolling any boards. Stating my opinion. If SEGA copies Ultimate Destruction, then praise be to the almighty SEGA... but chances are, I don't see that happening.

Well, we have a while before the game is released so it could be good but I just hope it doesn't end up like the Spider-Man 3 game where it seemed like it was really good from the commercials & then ended up having a super-short story with limited combos. Seriously, I at least hope the game has free roaming & follows the movie as far as the storyline goes & if there are at least a few combos. If all that is in there plus some extras/unlockables, I'll be happy with the game.

What unlockables would you all like to have in this game? I just want the Grey Hulk & it should be where if you choose to play as the Grey Hulk he appears grey in the cutscenes as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"