Transformers The Official Voice Casting Thread

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Is it true they going to bring back Frank Welker and Peter Cullen as Megatron and Optimus Prime? Who would you want see voice the other Transformers?

Well...Don Murphy (the producer of the movie) wants Cullen and Welker, but the Studio is more into well-known actors and celebrities.

Personally...I want:
Peter Cullen as Prime
Frank Welker as Megatron and Soundwave (with heavy synsithization (sp?))

The other voices I'm not so sure...just as long as the voice actors fit the essences of the characters. However I DO think Tom Hanks could make a good Bumblebee...particularly if they go for the big human angle with only one main Autobot presenting the TF's side of the story.

There are actors that just have good voices that could capture certain characteristics of the TF's and be memoriable...

Actors with cool and/or rememberable voices:
Michael Clarke Duncan
Keith David
John Rhys-Davis
Ron Pearlman
James Earl Jones
Morgan Freeman
Patrick Stewart

zer00 said:
Chris Latta as starscream.

Chris Latta is DEAD...he died in 1994 from a drug-induced Heart Attack.
Sorry Won't Happen no matter how Much we Want it.

WalkingDead said:
Chris Latta is DEAD...he died in 1994 from a drug-induced Heart Attack.
Sorry Won't Happen no matter how Much we Want it.

I know but that is who I want to see;):p:(

Get as many originals as they can. 50 foot Robots sell themselves you dont need a big name star to do voice overs. Cast A list star for Spike or Chip.

Optimus Prime: George Newbern
Bumblebee: Micheal Rosenbaum
Mirage: George Eads
Sound Wave: Cory Burton
Megatron: Clancy Brown
Star Scream: Mark Hamill

We should bring Leonard Nimoy for Megatron. Hell, he did Galvatron...just give him a slight vocoder voice for Megatron.

Personally, I want the guy who voiced Terrorsaur and Starscream in Beast Wars to do Starscream in the movie, he did an amazing job.

Langoth said:
Personally, I want the guy who voiced Terrorsaur and Starscream in Beast Wars to do Starscream in the movie, he did an amazing job.

I believe that was Paul Dobson...I'm pretty sure that was the guy.

is beast wars a pretty good show? i've never watched it...only the gen1 shows. i'm old school like that. i've just always thought that the idea of robots tforming into animals was stupid.

nosebleed said:
is beast wars a pretty good show? i've never watched it...only the gen1 shows. i'm old school like that. i've just always thought that the idea of robots tforming into animals was stupid.

Beast Wars is arguably the best TF show, ever.
It gives a good explaination as to why they Transform into Animals and the series just gets better and better as it goes on. It is extremely well-written. Seasons Two and Three tie into G1 as well.

nosebleed said:
We should bring Leonard Nimoy for Megatron. Hell, he did Galvatron...just give him a slight vocoder voice for Megatron.
Yeah I won't Leonard Nimoy to if they can't get the other guy. I have suggested the idea for awhile but most people don't like it and shoot the idea down.So your the first one I have seen that didn't get the idea shot down.YET

WalkingDead said:
Beast Wars is arguably the best TF show, ever.

wow, that's a bold statement. but i might give it a viewing. i don't think that it'll replace gen1 as best TF show ever in my mind though.

deathshead2 said:
Yeah I won't Leonard Nimoy to if they can't get the other guy. I have suggested the idea for awhile but most people don't like it and shoot the idea down.So your the first one I have seen that didn't get the idea shot down.YET

Yeah, if they can't get the original voice actor then mos def they should get Nimoy. His voice is great!

nosebleed said:
wow, that's a bold statement. but i might give it a viewing. i don't think that it'll replace gen1 as best TF show ever in my mind though.

Well first off...
If you hate CGI animation, you'll be put off.
If you want G1, it ain't G1.

But...
If you want good, more complex characters, you'll like it.
If you want really good episodes (for the most part), you'll like it.
If you want great voice acting, you'll like it.

As an old school TF fan, Im still getting over the shock that this movie is being released.

I'm glad to hear that they are bringins back Peter Cullen, even if it's just a rumor. But I really hoper they get the same guy who did Soundwave, I imagine that would give anyone nightmares. Now, my question is, since Scatman Crothers died a while ago, who should they get to play Jazz?

prowl - michael bell
since shes in the movie arcee - susan blu
shockwave - corey burton
jazz - ? since scatman hasnt been with us since 86
iron hide/optimus - peter cullen
starscream - ? latta hasnt been with us since 94
hound - ken sansom
thundercracker - ? dont know if guy who played him still alive
laserbeak/megatron/ravage/rumble/skywarp/soundwave - frank welker

For some reason I just want Mark Hamill for Starscream and Clancy Brown for Megatron.

I'll be happy as long as they keep peter cullen for optimus. his voice is just too iconic for me to mess with. if they don't hire him then i'll be as pissed as some of those superman fans.

I'll suggest a few of my favorite voice actors.

Jason Mardsen(Tino/ The Weekenders, Gear/ Static Shock, Firefly/ The Batman): young sounding voice with a lot of personality, he'd make a good Bumblebee
Phil LaMarr(Green Lantern/ JLU)
Kevin Conroy(Batman/ JLU)
Patrick Warburton(Brock Samson/ Venture Brothers)
John DiMaggo(Bender/ Futurama, Dr. Drakken/ Kim Possible, Brother Blood/ Teen Titans)
Kevin Micheal Richardson(Joker/ The Batman, Trigon/ Teen Titans)
Jim Cummings
Ron Perlman
Bruce Campbell: Why not, he's Bruce Campbell dammit!

Jazz has to have some black actor do his voice that can do it like Scatman in that sandpaper-y way he spoke. If Busta Rhymes was a better actor I'd go for him because he sounds very close to Scatman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"