The Official Voice Casting Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by The Overlord, Jul 15, 2005.

1. WalkingDead

WalkingDead Registered

That line won't be in this movie anyways. *shrugs* But that's not the point!

Cullen is the Ultimate Voice for Prime. And If there was justice here with this film, he'd get the part.

*Admitted Fanboy Moment*

2. Jochimus

Jochimus Autobot Slacker

Except they're not making this movie to appease the fans. They're making it to draw in as large an audience as possible.

And Chalk DID voice a Transformers show that DIDN'T suck.

3. spund

spund Registered

Yeah, he's got a really distinct voice. Definitely hard to replace

4. spund

spund Registered

Hmmm....I'm intrigued. Honestly, I've never seen any other series than G1, I always assumed the newer ones were just kiddie shows. I actually haven't been interested much in transformers since I was a kid in the 80's (though I was a HUGE fan), but now I'm getting hyped about this movie. What would you say about the other newer series, is beast wars the best?

5. SuperNewGuy

SuperNewGuy Registered

Same here, my only exposure to transformers is from G1 back in the 80's. I wouldn't mind checking out the newer series as long as they were good and not just dumb kid shows.

6. WalkingDead

WalkingDead Registered

Beast Wars is written for an age range of 10-16 when it came out, but it's really good for older viewers that are still into cartoons. The CGI for it's time and budget is very very good and at times it's really incredible, particularly as the series progresses.
    It carries a lot of more mature ideas and themes than what the original TF's did (nothing racy or too adult). The second and third seasons are actually connected with G1 and are very good to amazing. You don't need to watch all of the first season, just certain episodes to get a grasp of who the characters and the timeline is.

Recommended First Season:
    Beast Wars, parts 1&2
    Chain of Command
    Fallen Comrades
    Double Jeopardy
    Better Mousetrap
    The Probe
    Spider's Game
    Dark Voyage
    Possession (the guest stars Starscream from G1)
    Before the Storm
    Other Voices, parts 1&2

If you don't feel like watching all of those...then I recommend you just watch:

Beast Wars, parts 1&2
    Chain of Command
    The Probe
    Possession (the guest stars Starscream from G1)
    Before the Storm
    Other Voices, parts 1&2

Then watch Season Two and Three...you'll love it.

7. WalkingDead

WalkingDead Registered

Beast Wars is awesome and it is the BEST written TF show IMO.
    Beast Machines may or may not be your cup o' tea...you need to watch Beast Wars before watching this.

RID (Robots in Disguise) is good, if you want a light-hearted show that never ever takes itself seriously. It's basically just a fun show, nothing too intelligent or halfway serious. You either hate this show or like it, ther is usually no medium. Only watch it show if you care to just gell out your brain and watch a kid's show that has some funny kid moments.

Armada...I never could get into it.
    Energon...Better than Armada in several ways, worse than Armada in others. I've watched it all...but...I never want to see it again. It's very much a kiddie-anime show.

8. SuperNewGuy

SuperNewGuy Registered

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll have to check them out.

9. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Registered

Agreed :up:
    Not really Beast Machines is writen where one doesn't have to see Beast Wars to watch it. In my opinion Beast Machines was the worse US/Canadian based show.
    LOL very true...
    To me both these shows give you a wtf when you try to watch them...if you watch to much of these you will either want to bang your head against the wall or beat the hell out whom ever thought it was a good idea to put all those annoying kids in the shows...

10. WalkingDead

WalkingDead Registered

Well I like certain episodes of BM, but not as a whole...it just never set with me well enough.
    I guess you are correct about seeing Beast Wars first, but to me it would be more benificial to know the characters a bit more before being thrown into the fact you'll be thrown into the BM story, if that makes sense.

11. deathshead2

deathshead2 Registered

Does anyone know what would have happen if beast wars continued.Liked what they had planed.Did anyone else also have the same problem with the BM final with cybertron plant life I still don't like that idea.

12. Jochimus

Jochimus Autobot Slacker

Well, when the now-defunct 3H Enterprises was still running the Hasbro-endorsed TF convention, they were producing a comic written by TF loremeister Simon Furman that took place a couple years after Beast Machines and was supposed to be the basis for Hasbro's ill-fated Transformers Universe toy line of BW, BM, RID and Armada repaints. It only lasted four issues before 3H folded. The setup was basically
    Primus and Alpha Trion resurrecting Optimus Primal to rescue the kidnapped Maximals from Unicron - who's revealed to be a transdimensional entity who can never be truly killed - and rallying Autobots and Maximals from across the many TF realities to aid him in preparing for Unicron's second coming

13. WalkingDead

WalkingDead Registered

Well there were several episodes cut and never finished in both Seasons 2 and 3 of Beast Wars. One of them in fact is still considered to have happened, but the episode itself never made it past basic first draft animatics.

That episode was called Dark Glass I believe. The story was that Rattrap eventually found Dinobot's core consciousness which was shown to have been uploaded into the Maximals' computer before his final appearance.
    So Rattrap finds the new Evil Dinobot clone and uploads the original Dinobot's core consciousness into the clone. The Evil Dinobot for a short time slightly returns to act like the original Dinobot, but it does not last. He goes back to being evil and Rattrap has to face the fact that Dinobot won't ever return.
    This is the reason that in the final episodes of Beast Wars, Evil Dinobot returns to his honor roots from the original Dinobot and becomes a hero again. It was never explain in the cartoon itself as to why Evil Dinobot became good again at the end...the missing but still storyline-kept episode is that reason.

Well if Beast Machines would have been successful, we were gonna get Trans-Tech...a sort of combination of G1 and Beast Machine in design. Basically they were gonna keep expanding on what happened after BM. Certain G1 Autobots and Decepticons were going to return, such as: Starscream, Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and a few others.
    Would have kept the American storyline of G1 through BW & BM and then onward through Trans-Tech as one solid American Continuity. Cheetor, Rattrap, and Tankor would have returned from Beast Machines too. The designs resembled metal that was mimicking intricate organic life, while the robots actually turned into Vehicles. It would have been cool, from what was revealed after the fact it was canned in favor of just pulling stuff from Japan, to make it cheaper and easier on Hasbro/Takara...since BM overall failed.

14. gazi

gazi Registered

Those are the only true voices of Prime and Megatron!

[​IMG]

15. gazi

gazi Registered

Mark Hammil for Starscream!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger The North Remembers

I don't know what the designer had in mind, but that nosecone is hanging in a somewhat inappropriate place. It's disturbing . . . yet oddly compelling.

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Autobot Slacker

It's no worse than where the G1 Megatron toy's trigger went.

18. Pink Ranger

That explains so much about the Starscream/Megatron relationship dynamic in the cartoon.

19. terry78

terry78 Saturday night special

That's actually his cockpit. Pun totally intended.

20. RZAruction

RZAruction Guest

hmm best voices

optimus definitely hands down james earl jones..he has the deep voice and can do the whole fatherly thing

star scream...andy serkis...got that type of voice down pat with gollum

megatron...this is hard...but for some reason i'm thinking ian mckellan...hmm how bout pacino.....hahhaha that would be sweet.

21. terry78

terry78 Saturday night special

I do agree with Andy Serkis taking the role of Starscream. He would definitely be one I'd be happy with.

22. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Registered

The whole series didn't set well with most of the fandom. And the writers of the Beast Machines series ruined the characters so much compaired to the way that they were in Beast Wars they might as well just been completely different characters.

23. Chris B

Chris B Registered

My voice cast using the confirmed characters:

Autobots:
    Optimus Prime: Peter Cullen or George Clooney as an alternative.
    Bumblebee: Michael Rosembaum
    Jazz: Samuel L. Jackson
    Ratchet: Hugh Laurie
    Arcee: Carrie Ann-Moss

Decepticons:
    Megatron: Frank Welker or Willem DaFoe as an alternative.
    Starscream: Andy Serkis
    Soundwave: Frank Welker or Michael Ironside as an alternative.
    Shockwave: Christopher Walken

24. SuGarRush

SuGarRush The praetor of prattle

What show was that? All the japanese ones have sucked waste water like champions. Buts thats ust the intelligent trans fan in me speaking again.

25. Pink Ranger

I was watching a DLed old episode, and I just realized Skywarp sounds a lot like Paul Stanley. That would be a cool voice-casting if he'd do it.