Comics The one thing I don't get about the "Deal" is...

Miss Webb

Sidekick
Reaction score
Essentially, what's the point, long term? Let's face it, May's old and has lived her life. So Peter (and or MJ) essentially agree to foul up their own lives to...what? Keep May as an aged immortal??? :huh:

I could see May being returned to her youth for the 'creepiness' factor. But to extend her old age indefinitely is dumb. The "deal" doesn't mean she won't be sick or break down, or have problems related to age.

Also, the fact that Big Red is noticing Peter continues to prove he's a major player now. "M" doesn't bother too much unless the stakes are high or its a soul that interests him greatly. And now Peter's touched, so to speak. We know about the Spider, and now...this. Hmm.

Essentially, what's the point, long term? Let's face it, May's old and has lived her life. So Peter (and or MJ) essentially agree to foul up their own lives to...what? Keep May as an aged immortal??? :huh:

I could see May being returned to her youth for the 'creepiness' factor. But to extend her old age indefinitely is dumb. The "deal" doesn't mean she won't be sick or break down, or have problems related to age.

Also, the fact that Big Red is noticing Peter continues to prove he's a major player now. "M" doesn't bother too much unless the stakes are high or its a soul that interests him greatly. And now Peter's touched, so to speak. We know about the Spider, and now...this. Hmm.

Yeah, well that's "M" for ya. :cwink:

Something that Peter drew attention to in A:TI #7 was that if May dies now, she won't be buried under her own name and she won't be buried next to Uncle Ben.

Something that Peter drew attention to in A:TI #7 was that if May dies now, she won't be buried under her own name and she won't be buried next to Uncle Ben.

yes she would, becasue now Jarvis and Tony both know...while they may disagree with Peter, I'm sure Jarvis would have enough respect for May to see that she was buried right.

What I wanna know is why they chose "M" to be the one who offers the deal in the first place. What happened to Loki?? This means that JMS planted a seed that ended up serving no purpose at all. Wasnt this story supposed to tie up loose ends left during JMS' run. This woulda been the perfect time to use the Loki favor but watever, it just doesn't make any sense...

What I wanna know is why they chose "M" to be the one who offers the deal in the first place. What happened to Loki?? This means that JMS planted a seed that ended up serving no purpose at all. Wasnt this story supposed to tie up loose ends left during JMS' run. This woulda been the perfect time to use the Loki favor but watever, it just doesn't make any sense...

Totally

yes she would, becasue now Jarvis and Tony both know...while they may disagree with Peter, I'm sure Jarvis would have enough respect for May to see that she was buried right.

You're arguing about a hypothetical, fictional situation. As it stands, if May dies, she won't be buried under the name May Parker.

Uhm...what if the "seed" of Loki will be used some time in the future, to retcon Brand New Day (i mean, to turn everything back to now: peter & mj together again, etc...)
I'ts like the safe exit to this mess... The "plan b"..

Does it make sense?

It's kinda funny everyone is talking on boards around the net of how Loki can now reverse this when they retcon this mess all in a year from now.

It stinks we have to waste the year with this until they do.

They shouldn't cancel all spidey comics, call everything Amazing...and then do a year long "experiment" to try and get rid rid of the marriage..which is what they're doing basically to us.

Haha thats so true farmernudie, thats exactly what this whole Brand new Day thing is: an "experiment". Getting rid of Mj is gonna cause EXTREME fan outrage and then they'll be forced to revert everything back to the way it was.

You're arguing about a hypothetical, fictional situation. As it stands, if May dies, she won't be buried under the name May Parker.

No, as it stands, they would contact Jarvis, who is funding the whole thing with Stark's money, and he would most likely end up arranging the funeral, under her real name, next to Uncle Ben.

Yeah, I don't think it's about her not being able to be buried next to Ben. Peter has said in previous issues that he can handle her dying but he can't handle her dying now because it's his fault and he doesn't want another loved ones death on his hands.
but yeah, this story is blowing chunks. :(

Once mortals begin to deal with me, their happiness and long life dry up.

It's WELL documented.

So...does this all mean Spider-Man is gonna be Ghost Rider?

This specific "deal" doesn't make any sense in my book.

Well Joey Q got what he wanted anyway...the marriage is going to be over, tons of fans will be pissed and he'll be happy.

Heh when "M" is talking its almost as if Joey Q is the one talking instead.

"I want your marriage!"

So...does this all mean Spider-Man is gonna be Ghost Rider?

Hahahaha!! Classic!

Ghost Spider!!! :wow:

But anyhoo.

Yeah, this deal just isn't really making any sense.

I am all for the end of the marriage. But I was hoping, you know, that if they were going to do it it would be good. It's not, hahaha.

"I want your MARRIAGE!"

Holy crap. How corny and unbelievable is that ****? I mean I'm saying this about a ficitonal character that got bit by a radioactive spider...but STILL! Hahaha. I mean you've got a writer who has written good television before and GOOD SPIDER-MAN STORIES and he's producing THAT? I really hope JMS was kind of "ordered" to do this and didn't come up with this himself.

And what's up with Quesada all of a sudden drawing MJ like she was when she first started appearing in the comics? With the straight 70's-ish hair style and even wearing the same black shirt? Could you be anymore corny and straight up? Hahaha.

This I will say. The haters here on the board were right all along about this story. Good job CURSING SPIDER-MAN!! Heh. :oldrazz:

For the first time I don't feel good about being right... K inda wished I was wrong but... HA! IN YOUR FACE!! TAKE THAT!!! Nope... it doesn't make me feel better at all... This is all Joe's fault!!! (Pick your Joe to blame... I'm going with quesada)

The deal screams EDITORIAL AGENDA louder than being enclosed in a stadium full of 7-13 girls at a live concert from whatever Disney singer girls that age listen to...

So Maff Eesto wants to be a Magical Divorce Attorney? Ooh The Big Evil is now dealing with marital problems... What's next Doctor Doom, Professional Therapist? Adamatium Chef with Chairman Otto testing who's supervillain cuisine reigns supreme? Survivor: Genosha? Deadpool giving people advice like Dr. Phil?

Joker: So if Spidey becomes Ghost Rider, who'll play hm in the movie Tobey or Nick Cage?

So Maff Eesto wants to be a Magical Divorce Attorney? Ooh The Big Evil is now dealing with marital problems... What's next Doctor Doom, Professional Therapist? Adamatium Chef with Chairman Otto testing who's supervillain cuisine reigns supreme? Survivor: Genosha? Deadpool giving people advice like Dr. Phil?

Haha, now that's funny. I mean...in a way it is kind of like Mephisto is a divorce attorney. According to most people lawyers are kind of the devil anyway...

the '80s... some of his Real Ghost busters stuff was really good... I think he was also a writer on She-Ra Princess of Power... and the live action series that was another Mattel ad... It had a really long and silly title... Captain power (forgot everything else) Oh! Maybe SIAT is talking about B5... OH wait it's about Spidey stories... Well there's The stuff before sins past... some was a bit too cosmic and magicky (Totem), but it had great dialogue, there's the return of MJ to Peter's life... Then Norman came...
and had sex with Gwen... in the past... JMS became known as "The hack"... "Just Murdered Spidey", "*****ebag", "@##$%$#$", etc.

When the Hell was THAT?

He wrote Babylon Five for starters. And he and John Romita Jr. pretty much revived Spider-Man from a pretty long stretch of horrid storytelling. If it wasn't for JMS' run on Amazing Spider-Man I probably would have never gotten back into comics.

It was seeing the Ezekiel storyline and the introduction of Morlun, pre The Other, that caught my attention and made me go, "Oh, wow, they're doing good Spider-Man stuff again".

And JMS' New Avengers storyline was really well done. The Mike Deodato artwork was fantastic too. And even his road to civil war arc and the unmasking arc before One More Day had good stuff.

The guy is a good writer. And it's why I shake my head and think to myself, "I really hope JMS didn't come up with this one". Because from his past Spider-Man stories he's obviously way better than this.

Funny thing happened when I was reading this thread...I saw Cap Stacy's avy and saw Peter galliantly rushing Captain Stacy to safety and failing but being the young noble hero that we all fell in love with growing up as the poor kid who was forced to rise to the occassion.

Now he is making a deal with the devil to give up his wife to safe his already dying aunt.

My how they've run this character into the ground, rmeember the mighty Parker at the end of SM3 saying "We always have a choice," I guess Peter is willing to make the wrong one for...what, the umpteenth time in the last 3 years of comics now?

I like the idea of this backfiring on Joey Q and them retconning it in a year or two back to the '90s with Peter and MJ happily together with baby May.

But in reality as long as Joey Q is here the marriage will be gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"