Comics The one thing I don't get about the "Deal" is...

Peter will NOT deal with the devil... MJ will.

:csad:
Yeah, a nice trick of Mephis... I mean Joe Quesada... I can see it now...
Spidey fan: Joe Q You suck! You undid the Spidey marriage!
joe q: I didn't do the deal with the devil... MJ did... I always said that MJ was an evil Witch with a B... You just didn't believe me...
Spidey fan: Oh! I hate MJ!!
joe q: Heh heh heh... Sucker...

Kill her already. For crying out loud.

Ageist!:oldrazz:

Why the heck would Spider-Man make a deal with the devil? What kind of superhero is he supposed to be? If Captain America were still alive...he'd be ashamed.:ikyn

And if it's MJ, as the wife of a superhero she should know better too.

Whether it was Peter or MJ that was making this decision it seriously wouldn't matter to me. I would think that both of them would know better. Heh but like 4MUGEN mentioned, Joey Q is doing this so fans can see MJ the way he sees her. It's not Peter who made the choice because he's a true "hero" but, its MJ that makes the choice. It's her fault that all of this happens.

Now we're going to get classic Spider-man stories. The marriage and MJ were the only things wrong with Spider-man comics the last few years. Nothing else was wrong at all. Now I finally get it. I see the light like Joey Q..... The Other, Sins Pasts, Stingers, Spider-man absorbing souls, totems, Unmasking, making deals with Spidergods....Now that I look back at it. It was all the marriage's fault... So now since that's gone the classics are coming baby!!!!!!:whatever:

Now we're going to get classic Spider-man stories. The marriage and MJ were the only things wrong with Spider-man comics the last few years. Nothing else was wrong at all. Now I finally get it. I see the light like Joey Q..... The Other, Sins Pasts, Stingers, Spider-man absorbing souls, totems, Unmasking, making deals with Spidergods....Now that I look back at it. It was all the marriage's fault... So now since that's gone the classics are coming baby!!!!!!:whatever:

The sarcasm in this paragraph loses it's punch due to your Spidey/Black Cat avatar...

:huh:

The only reason OMD stinks too, is because of the marriage.

This story woulda rocked if PEte wasn't married to MJ in it....and if MJ was a superhero ALREADY. (Stan really dropped the ball with that one....everyone knows Spidey would read better with MJ fighting crime!)

I mean, if MJ was ALREADY a superhero, she'd be able to fight off the ANTI-MARRIAGE FAIRY to begin with!

:whatever:

If Peter wasn't married to MJ, He'd still be wearing the black suit!!! He'd be buried alive... Ben Reilly WOULD be alive...

But a Superpowered MJ would be so SWEET... in Bizarro world... :rolleyes:

If Peter wasn't married to MJ, He'd still be wearing the black suit!!! He'd be buried alive... Ben Reilly WOULD be alive...

But a Superpowered MJ would be so SWEET... in Bizarro world... :rolleyes:

So, that's where Joe Q lives.

I just dont know what to say...is this for real????

Hmn...as per the title of this thread...are you REALLY only perplexed by ONE thing related to this all...?? LOL

Well....i hope they get rid of the stinger claws too...among other thing.

However...i honestly don't even really care much what they do or don't retcon at this point. Spidey comics have hit a new low of being too dumb and annoying. I won't be reading BDN no matter who they bring into sculpt this brand of cheese.

This "story" is way too condescending and insulting to me.

You mean "Quesada Fixed"... Cause Spidey comics INDEED have hit that new low... not the fans... A turd is a turd, no matter how many pounds of perfume you use on it... it is still a turd... Pretty much like OMD... It's a crappy way to annul the marriage...

You've just pwned me. I bow down to your awesomeness... I was wrong. Thanks for showing me the light... Joe Quesada sucks!!! I owe you my life...

Not really... You did "Quesada fix" the post... You altered farmernudie's post to get your point across, and skewing what his post meant, in the same way that Quesada has manipulated the stories, screwed with the characters actions, personalities, and the series' continuity, to get to this point in which Peter or MJ will trade the existance of their bond for Aunt May, cause Joey wants a single Peter...

Yes most of the Spidey fans (myself included) are really vocal, with a reason... we've had to endure crap for years... All of this because the writers have been lazy and don't want a supporting cast for Peter and hate writting about a married Peter... They keep giving Peter all these Magical elements that are totally opposite to the Sci-Fi based character origin he had.
I am against the ignoring of the supporting cast, the Magical stuff, total disregard for continuity, and character regression that this Magical undoing of the marriage is doing and will do; the unmasking was totally Out of Character for Peter... Add the fact that Peter's become dumber (they're trying to de-age him as well... Joe Q mentioned something about making Peter like Charlie Brown...) Also I'm against the fact that Gwen copulated with Norman. (Because it was Out of Character for Gwen to do so.)

It was impossible within the continuity... Search the long blog post by gregatron,(Great power great irresponsibility I think it was called) in which he explains why SP was impossible... he is in the anti-marriage camp, but He did exhaustive research to prove why SP was impossible...

OMD is still crap... it's a badly thought plot that goes for the magical reset button, while NO ONE in a world with Mutants that have healing powers, Doctors, Super Doctors, Sorcerers, Asgardian gods, can't cure a gunshot wound, but a demon can erase the history of a married couple ever being married (together...) so the old lady can live... but This is MEPHISTO we're dealing here... What if he decides to Save May from the gunshot, but she then slips in the tub and snaps her neck... Peter loses EVERYTHING.... again...

Before you go... "The final part isn't published... so you can't judge it..." save it... I've read it a couple of times already... I do not drink a whole carton of milk to know that it's gone sour... the same thing can be applied here... so far the direction that this has taken is bad... thus there is no need to waste time on a bad story with decent dialogue...

I love it when Joe Q says that he wants to return Spidey to his roots and he gives this crappy "Magical Reset Button Story" the OK...

See; I can "Quesada fix" topics too... Now feel free to "Quesada edit" mine... Please be creative, have fun...

Not really... You did "Quesada fix" the post... You altered farmernudie's post to get your point across, and skewing what his post meant

"Fixed" was a joke. :whatever:

Though I do think Spider-Man fans have "reached a new low of being too dumb and annoying."

I'm not saying I support OMD. The story itself is decent, but ultimately a waste of time: five months spent on trying to eliminate a trivial aspect of the character, using the worst kind of deus ex machina possible.

That said, the "vocal fans" that you group yourself with have been a thousand times more headache inducing than any recent Spider-Man story.

Right back at ya' with your trivalization of what makes the character tick. ;) :p

I personally find this current story dumber and lamer than any old marvel-team-up (that i have all of)...or some of the older 70's stories that may have been a bit cornball (but had heart).

This "story" has no heart.

It is totally shallow and lame.

The characters are NOT within character because the entire premise is to MOVE THEM ALONG TO POINT B....which is unmarried. It doesn't matter how ANY of them is written, including Mephisto the new anti-marriage fairy....because it is NOT a story...it is an agenda..aplot device to reach point B...PURE AND SIMPLE.

SO some fans HAVE hit a new sad low.....and (some continue to buy regardless of quality in their products)...making JQ think he is pumping out masterpieces and what the fans want.

We (the vocal fans) can only complain about the quality of the Spidey comics; since Marvel doesn't give a damn about continuity... The really dumb ones are the ones that complain yet they keep buying!

Boy, it's been ages since I've been here......back then all that existed was Spider-Man Hype and we were all waiting for them to make the first movie.

I stopped buying Spidey books about two years ago....some of it due to financial issues. A lot of it though was due to the total lack of respect for the character and his history.

I read OMD part 3 at the bookstore because I've been following what they've been doing to Spidey for sometime.....

I agree with the way most people feel about this. It's just so heavy handed and dumb......They must take the fanbase for lemmings. Like whatever they say and do were going to follow without question. It makes me sick......

I guess the main reason I'm posting this in here is because I haven't heard anyone bring up this little problem. IF Peter or MJ make this deal and history is changed.....like it was suggested in this last issue doesn't that then technically put 616 Spidey into an alternate universe?

Now matter how closely it mirrors what's going on before this deal it will not and can't be the same universe he's in at the moment before the deal is made.

This just seems like a major major problem down the road. I called for them to reboot the MU years ago do to this current generation of writers lack of respect for basic continuity. Now this to me seems like it very well could be the "seed" for something like that to happen.

And of all people why bring in the devil when the Scarlet Witch is still "out there". It would have made a lot more sense to have Peter or Mj stumble into her and have her try to "fix" things.

I really think the whole problem with May's dying and Peter trying to save her is the nature of her injury. A bullet wound! C'mon......seriously. Since when is there ANYONE in the MU that can't fix a bullet wound??? Use some creativity and have one of the villians try to kill Peter with some exotic virus and May ends up getting sick instead.

You know what this whole thing reminds me of. That scene in the first Austin Powers where the guard is yelling for Austin to stop the roller he's driving and he's no where near getting run over and he's got plenty of time to get out of the way but yet he stands there and keeps yelling stop until Austin runs over him!

The writers saw this train wreck coming and yet they continued on and once again who suffers for it? Spidey and his fans......

I've read Spider-Man Twinkie ads with more depth and passion then the crap their making us shell out almost $4 for!

All very good points Night Raider.

I had forgotten about those old twinkie ads...lol...but true...there was more heart in those, and i'd rather read an issue of THOSE over something so overly forced as OMD.

Lemmings indeed.

WIth this agenda, or OMD, or MAximum Marriage, or whatever you want to call it....MArvel basically had a puzzle with pieces that don't fit right, so they are violently taking a hammer and pounding the life out of the pieces to try and make them come together regardless what the overall picture looks like. Their only goal is to get rid of the marriage, no matter how out of context all of the characters may appear to be...and no matter how silly the dopey they portray them here. (even mephisto, a powerful villian, shows up outta the blue and is written corny, lame and completely like a doofus...)

well guys, just ONE MORE ISSUE and this nonsense is over...

(I have to say I didn't found the unmasking that much out of character, Peter was always some kind of outlaw, and for once he thought he might be on the good side of the law, and he felt on the Stark's blaber that unmasking would help that, well at least that's the way I see it)

I think I'll have issues in seeing MJ become a superhero, she was the archetype of the supporting character (sometimes in danger, sometimes the shoulder where the hero could cry...) and making her a superhero looks like it was for mr Quesada the only way they could keep her a supporting character of Spider-Man, scratching the character badly in the process (but it's also true that with all the damage that has been done, one more little kick in the character's a** might not hurt that much...)

Speaking of messing up characters. IF MJ is now that new hero / villain Jackpot then that has to mean there was more to the deal than just making people forget they were married. Time gets messed with as well AND it doesn't look like she's the only character they really twist around. That new "Menace" bad guy looks like another Goblin to me.......from what I've seen of him.

Again, how can they just shoe horn this new continuity into the rest of the MU??? What other kind of anomlies has this deal caused? To me it looks like it would have a ripple effect across the rest of the MU.

I'm all for getting Spidey back to the character I grew up with but like it was mentioned above. Instead of using a scalpal to preform the surgery they used a chain saw.

And the thing that REALLY chaps my A$$ is that these people are getting paid for these stories.

Maybe the fans should take a que from the Hollywood Writers Strike and go on strike themselves. Don't buy any of the books no matter who writes them until they get the message OR fire the entire current batch and get some people on these books with some fresh ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"