The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
ye that would be funny if the ref hadnt ****ed us over....

this season is ridiculous already... as if Jonjo got the red there when Evans went in studs up - shocking as was the penalty call

****ing bunch of travelling scumbags they had today too

let me guess it was aimed at Suarez? :whatever:

ye that would be funny if the ref hadnt ****ed us over....

this season is ridiculous already... as if Jonjo got the red there when Evans went in studs up - shocking as was the penalty call

I think once you leave your feet two footed, they're going to give a red. Like I said yesterday with the Luiz tackle, should've been a red too. Even Stu Holden on Twitter today was saying how similar the tackle was when Evans saw red. I could've easily seen Evans getting red on this tackle too.

when the whistle went I initially assumed it was for Evans (was a bit annoyed cos he is in my fantasy team) couldnt believe it was shelvey, his stud werent up like Evans (his foot was sideways) and he actually got the ball

felt the travelling fans really let your club down today with those chants

I only watched on the tv but I didn't hear any chants (honestly it might be an American thing but I almost never understand what fans are chanting) but if there was that is infuriating. There's idiots in every group of supporters but I would have hoped they could keep it to themselves for 90 minutes.

Didn't get to watch the game but listened to Talksport and they had the audio from the game where you could clearly hear the "it's never your fault" song at various points. There were also Munich songs sang aswell.

To be fair I think some Hillsborough and Munich songs were inevitable, but I think the majority of home and away fans handled it well.

John Terry's retired from international footie... in a statement he's said...

I feel The FA, have made my position with the national team untenable..... Representing and captaining my country is what I dreamed of as a boy and it has been a truly great honour..... I have always given my all & it breaks my heart to make this decision. I wish Roy and the team every success for the future."

Wish he'd have retired before the summer

he was ****... and due to the racism ********, we lost the chance to get a proper duo of Terry and Rio... which would have been really useful,,,,

Well to each his own, I thought he had a decent tournament. Never really thought much of him and Rio as a pairing always did ok, but didn't hit it off like Rio and Campbell.

I only watched on the tv but I didn't hear any chants (honestly it might be an American thing but I almost never understand what fans are chanting) but if there was that is infuriating. There's idiots in every group of supporters but I would have hoped they could keep it to themselves for 90 minutes.

never your fault and muderors.... disgusting - the club (not the fans in attendance) and players were great in all the Hillsborough stuff today though

http://twitter.yfrog.com/06u5tokbgkvoblxqnlkupfhjz

Awful awful game from United, Liverpool should have won this but I'm happy that we won game usually we go Anfield play well end up drawing or losing.

Didn't get to watch the game but listened to Talksport and they had the audio from the game where you could clearly hear the "it's never your fault" song at various points. There were also Munich songs sang aswell.

To be fair I think some Hillsborough and Munich songs were inevitable, but I think the majority of home and away fans handled it well.
Anyone who sings those kind of songs at an occassion like this needs to be put down. I doubt they have anything further positive to contribute to the human race. :yay:

what do you have to say about the numerous fans who were arrested for running over to the MUFC fans after the whistle and throwing vile Munich taunts at them?

first I'd question your use of the word numerous - in terms of the amount of people there it was the tiniest of percentages, far far less than those who were singing murderers directly at them.... and it's not like they were provoked at a highly emotional time or anything.... I don't condone it at all but most of them were clearly very emotional and it was a response to being taunted over an issue very close to their hearts

first I'd question your use of the word numerous - in terms of the amount of people there it was the tiniest of percentages, far far less than those who were singing murderers directly at them.... and it's not like they were provoked at a highly emotional time or anything.... I don't condone it at all but most of them were clearly very emotional and it was a response to being taunted over an issue very close to their hearts

As i understand it anywhere from two to a handful of Liverpool fans ran across the stadium and threw both Airplane gestures and Munich taunts... to which a handful of united fans responded with Heysel and Suarez chants.

As i understand it anywhere from two to a handful of Liverpool fans ran across the stadium and threw both Airplane gestures and Munich taunts... to which a handful of united fans responded with Heysel and Suarez chants.

as I said, far less than the hundreds chanting inappropriately in regards to Hillsborough to which those inexcusable actions were a reaction to

as I said, far less than the hundreds chanting inappropriately in regards to Hillsborough to which those inexcusable actions were a reaction to

it was the other way around Spidey.... the airplane and other munich actions were done before anyone threw the Heysel & Suarez chants out.

I get the sense we're not going to agree on this, so for thread sanity, i'm gonna step back. I've said my piece over the whole affair, others have said theirs...lets leave it at that before it has a chance to end up as a Mod affair

with all the rubbish that has happened today... the beauty that was Rafael's goal has been missed....

Not to keep bringing this up but this ESPN article shed some light on the situation http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...'-taunts-spoil-end-of-anfield-tribute?cc=5901

Unacceptable on both sides. I think the clubs and the FA need to start giving out lifetime bans to people caught making these type of chants. Is that over the top? Maybe but maybe then they will get the picture that this is unacceptable behavior.

I am not going to get into the post match stuff, sad to see all round.

As for the game, never have I seen United get 3 points that felt less deserved, we were awful for the vast majority of the game, no movement, no passing game and worst of all no desire in the play except for Rafael and Rio, even when Liverpool went down to 10 men they still looked as much of a threat.

The red card was a tad unlucky but I think the fact Shelvey had chopped Giggs before lunging into the slide with Evans along with how agressively he reacted didn't help his case. When you see the slow mo replay you can see Shelvey's foot actually bounces off Evans foot and hits Evan's other leg rather than being a deliberate stud jab, that was hard to see in real time.

Speaking of slow mo Jamie Redknapp was on hilarious post match analysis form again, someone might want to tell him that the ref and linesman don't have telescopes which slow down time, at their disposal.

I thought the pen was clusmy from Johnson and didn't seem the type you'd get at an away ground, but RVP took it well given the long wait.

City vs Arsenal was a much better game and a point was probably a fair result, Arsenal really do look a whole new proposition this season IMO.

To be fair Hunter the lack of Parker coupled with the press' constant mourning that their Sloppy chopped best mate has been replaced by AVB :-)hrt:) has got me onside with Spurs. I'm even a Jermaine Defoe convert.

They were unlucky yesterday and had Harry still been in charge our media would be calling for a Uefa investigation. Couldn't see anything wrong with any of the goals and didn't see much right with most of Lazio's tackles, dunno how all 5 officials missed the shirt pulling in the box. I actually thought the Europa League was really good overall yesterday, I just wish they ditch the league format and get the glory days of the Uefa Cup (it used to be a bloody good competition to watch) back.

I forgot about your Harry hate and AVB love Kit and I also had completely forgotten about the WWII CM, how have England managed without him? if Roy picks him does that make Roy Captain Mannering? all pressing questions. :D

I imagine Harry's floppy chopped punditry on MOTD is not amusing you?

Last edited:
bounces off his foot? he gets the ball, then bounces off into evans who is lunging like a maniac! Evens had both feet off the ground with studs up, still can;t believe it was Jonjo who got the red out of the 2!

8015368309_37ab580c42_o.gif

especially with the refs positioning I fail to see how thats anything but an Evans red card

Last edited:
If Gervinho brought his shooting boots we might of won against Man City.

John Terry is a good player but terrible human being.

bounces off his foot? he gets the ball, then bounces off into evans who is lunging like a maniac! Evens had both feet off the ground with studs up, still can;t believe it was Jonjo who got the red out of the 2!

8015368309_37ab580c42_o.gif

especially with the refs positioning I fail to see how thats anything but an Evans red card

You can clearly see Evans gets the ball first and then Shelvey's foot hits it and their feet clash and Shelvey's studs go towards Evans thigh, I think the ref thinks he deliberately tried to stud him when he saw it at full speed as Shelvey had just fouled Giggs before going into that tackle, he came off like a bit of a nutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"