The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love Moyes too. He did well at Everton but their style is awful. When I see Klopp's BVB or Laudrup's Swansea in EPL... You can have no money and still play attractive football.

****.....he's retired.... I can't believe it!

I don't want moyes I don't think he has the skill or the authority for united. Though I do find it ironic that fans of united big rivals do lol

The only way I could see it if he did a season as number 2. He can handle the premiership but not the champs league.

Just seen the news he's gone thak you sir Alex you saved the club. But this has just thrown the entire summer into wack. So much for the big signings or the huge plans

This is going to be interesting.

oh I want Moyes for United cos he's crap..... okay he isn't crap but he is IMO seriously one of the most overrated managers up there with Redknapp

Damn ,you don't have to follow the sport closely at all to know that one of the greats,if not THE greatest football manager is leaving the game.

Sky Sports understands that Manchester United will announce their next managerial appointment in next 48 hours

I don't think it's Mourinho with his 35M buyout clause. Should be Moyes.

Really am gutted, I'm just thinking IF David Moyles does take charge, a decision at this very particular moment in time, I'm not completely opposed to, that would surely spell the end for Rooney at United given that the 2 supposedly still have an issue with one another.

I'd heard a rumour a while back that it's in Mourinho's Real Madrid contract, that if Manchester United approach, Real have to allow him to talk to them... now at the time I thought there may be a hint of truth to it, however with all these rumours of him going to Chelsea I don't know what to think.

oh I want Moyes for United cos he's crap..... okay he isn't crap but he is IMO seriously one of the most overrated managers up there with Redknapp

Disagree there, you think about the situation Everton were in when he took them over & the limited funds he has had in charge of Everton over the course of his stint at the club & how consistent he has managed to keep them.

Now, does he have what it takes to manage a club that is far more capable of actually winning titles & cups with their financial backing.. who knows, but he does seem to be quite similar to Ferguson in alot of ways.

Mourinho has said that he will not follow fergie as that would be an impossible task, but he would happily follow the man who messes up after fergie

Last edited:
I am shocked at this. I thought he retire within next 2-3 yeers down the line. When he won another CL. I am sadded by this :( :(

I want Mourinho either way I know he gets bored after winning everything thst's fine we can get replace him in 5 years time.

Surprised at the news. Thought he'd keep going until health forced him out, but at his age now I guess he has decided he has achieved everything he could have hoped for, it will be a long time before anyone gets close to his success again, so time to put his feet up and enjoy more time for himself and his family.

Though as a fan of a rival club I never cared for him much, I can certainly appreciate what a great manager he has been, so a sad day for UTD fans, he will be missed from the game, and the end of an era to be sure.

As for his replacement.... I don't know if Jose would want really want it knowing whoever comes is looking at spending the next 20 years attempting to beat Fergies records. Not sure if UTD's board would be too keen on Jose either with the baggage he attracts as well (plus that huge buyout Real will demand), but if anyone has to ego and the ability to follow Fergie it would be him.

Personally hope Jose's coming back to the bridge, but we will just have to wait & see.

Sad to see him go. Thank you, Sir Alex. One of the true greats.

Rumours are already flying that Rooney has put in a transfer request. £30 million to bayren.

May lend some to the moyes takeover.

Bayern won't buy Rooney. Lewandowski has got 2 contracts with them, Gotze can play as a fake 9, they have Mandzukic, Gomez and Pizarro plus none of their players is on 250k p/w. PSG or Real? Maybe. But Bayern won't sign him, I'm sure.

I'm really sad, United without Fergie seems unimaginable, I'm gonna miss the cantankerous old legend, greatest of all time IMO. Thank You Sir Alex.

I'm too young to even remember another Man United manager...I was born in '87. :funny:

I wouldn't mind seeing Klopp in the Premier League. He's entertaining.

Congrats Fergie on an amazingly successful managerial career. You turned Manchester Utd into a footballing superpower!

I am shocked at this. I thought he retire within next 2-3 yeers down the line. When he won another CL. I am sadded by this :( :(

I want Mourinho either way I know he gets bored after winning everything thst's fine we can get replace him in 5 years time.
I thought a final CL victory would be the best way to go out. It's the only small weakness in Fergie's record having won only 2 times despite dominating all those years/decades. But up to the man to decide when is good for him. At least it's good that he goes out as a champion. Better than announcing in advance and taking the risk of going out after a **** season. Also he leaves Utd in excellent shape for the next guy.

Mourinho has said that he will not follow fergie as that would be an impossible task, but he would happily follow the man who messes up after fergie
Haha, I love this guy.

Moyes to become United manager!!!!

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member