The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of who we want as manager, it will be Moyes. It's a done deal. So we have to get use to that fact, unfortunately.

I think he has done okay at Everton, but never great, they've never played nice football and the one time they got Champions League football they didn't even get into the competition.... I think he's always flattered to deceive

In all honesty whether he gets the United job or not, Moyes deserves a little more credit than that for what he has done at Everton.

He took over when they were struggling badly, relegation contenders & with the limited funds available to him has managed to drag Everton up the table & finish anywhere from 4th to 7th consistently. You think about it, the only teams that finish above Everton are the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool & more recently, Tottenham & City.. all of those clubs have been heavily invested in & spent double, triple or more than what Moyes has had to spend & yet he has managed to keep Everton consistently at the tails of the clubs that have spent big & failed to take themselves to the next level.

As for their style of play, I mean it's hard to kinda say they don't play nice football, it's all about the quality of players on the pitch. 1 player can change a teams style.

Moyes is much like Ferguson in the sense that he gives youth a chance, looks for value in his players & has uncovered several gems for limited money during his time at Everton.. the biggest question mark over Moyes's head is European experience & the fact that he'd actually be expected to do well in every competition. The demand for success is going to be far, far greater at Manchester United should he take over.

From a more neutral point of view (cause bviously I dislike United) the prospect of them no longer dominating (they might still after all) is exciting too

If we hire Moyes & Chelsea hire Mourinho, I think Chelsea could be in for a spell of dominance.. however despite what the papers say, I really don't think the Mourinho to Chelsea is as done & dusted as the papers suggest. Roman is still a key problem at Chelsea & it's the only problem Mourinho had there in the first place..

Regardless of who we want as manager, it will be Moyes. It's a done deal. So we have to get use to that fact, unfortunately.

I believe Moyes will get it as well at the moment & I'm going to give him a chance, the last thing I want is Manchester United to turn into Chelsea, City or Liverpool where the managers office has a built in revolving door. I want another manager that will be given at least a season.. within reason of course.

This squad is still good enough to be a top 3 Premiership side, so the very minimum requirement for next season for the next manager would be 3rd & to obviously do well in all other competitions.

Fergie was close to getting sacked after he had a unsuccessful spell at the start of his manchester united career. I think the club and fans will be even more forgiving these days after being used to such success with ferguson.

To be fair to Moyes he has done well with everton with a shoe-string budget. I'm sure many of these other top managers might not be as successful with the resouces Moyes has.

I'll support David Moyes but I can't say I envy the position he's being put in.

Who takes over for Moyes in Everton though? Ol 'Arry can't be far away.

What's up with Carlos Quieroz these days. I remember he was being prepped as Sir Alex's successor at one time.

Also an interesting choice is Franck de Boer of Ajax.

The only saving grace we united fans need to remember is fergie is not gone totally. He will be director and will have a say in how things are run

And if you think that has nothing to do with transfers or the team you need to think again.

On a more personal note this news has shown me Michelle Keenan is a united fan, the lady just for sexier

I'd like to see Mourinho at United, but I can understand why they'd got for Moyes. With Moyes they probably believe they'll have someone who'll be in for the long haul, whereas Jose doesn't seem as dependable in that sense.

Btw, is there really that much bad feeling between Moyes and Rooney?

Well yeah I think Moyes will be Manchester United manager but I will be giving him a chance of course.

What's up with Carlos Quieroz these days. I remember he was being prepped as Sir Alex's successor at one time.
Also an interesting choice is Franck de Boer of Ajax.

I wouldn't mind him as the manager of United I think is a fat chance. Maybe he be assistant coach or something.

The only saving grace we united fans need to remember is fergie is not gone totally. He will be director and will have a say in how things are run

And if you think that has nothing to do with transfers or the team you need to think again.

On a more personal note this news has shown me Michelle Keenan is a united fan, the lady just for sexier

Yeah SAF is still be active within the club but not the with the first team squad.

Bill Kenwright has just said nothing's confirmed yet. Maybe tomorrow?

I believe Moyes will get it as well at the moment & I'm going to give him a chance, the last thing I want is Manchester United to turn into Chelsea, City or Liverpool where the managers office has a built in revolving door. I want another manager that will be given at least a season.. within reason of course.

This squad is still good enough to be a top 3 Premiership side, so the very minimum requirement for next season for the next manager would be 3rd & to obviously do well in all other competitions.

??? 5 managers in 15 years is hardly a revolving door bare in mind it really should have been 3 Hodgson was a silly appointment by awful owners and Dalgleish only came in to steady the ship after that

Rumours going around now that Rooney could go to Chelsea and Ronaldo could return to United.

Things could be about to get very interesting.

huh? :huh: I want him for united cos I dont think he's very good!

Don't worry about it, it was a stupid joke mate.

Bill Kenwright has just said nothing's confirmed yet. Maybe tomorrow?

Yeah he didn't know until he spoke with Moyes after Chelsea v Spurs game. That's what I think.

Rumours going around now that Rooney could go to Chelsea and Ronaldo could return to United.

I saw that on Football Focus Special. I doubt Ronnie would want to work under Moyes unless SAF has talk with him.

??? 5 managers in 15 years is hardly a revolving door bare in mind it really should have been 3 Hodgson was a silly appointment by awful owners and Dalgleish only came in to steady the ship after that

Well perhaps my comment was a little harsh on Liverpool & City, Chelsea's is defiantly a revolving door though & I've a feeling City will end up like Chelsea with hiring & firing sooner rather than later.

However that being said, 5 managers in 15 years is still too many in my opinion. In all honesty, given that Ferguson's boots will be hard to fill, I'm thinking the next United manager will be lucky to last 3 years..

I can see Ronaldo Utd happening as as long as he isn't signing a contract extension the clock is ticking for Real, although the Utd managerial change might impact that a bit. Sure he'd have come back for Fergie but Moyes might put him off a bit. I would have loved to see Rooney, Ronaldo & Van Persie. It'd be like Rooney, Ronaldo & Tevez but better. :woot: Instead of selling Rooney they should buy Bale. :woot::woot:

I'd like to see Mourinho at United, but I can understand why they'd got for Moyes. With Moyes they probably believe they'll have someone who'll be in for the long haul, whereas Jose doesn't seem as dependable in that sense.
He might be great in the long haul but he'd have to avoid getting sacked in the short haul first. :woot:

Well perhaps my comment was a little harsh on Liverpool & City, Chelsea's is defiantly a revolving door though & I've a feeling City will end up like Chelsea with hiring & firing sooner rather than later.

However that being said, 5 managers in 15 years is still too many in my opinion. In all honesty, given that Ferguson's boots will be hard to fill, I'm thinking the next United manager will be lucky to last 3 years..

Yeah I think City could and may easily turn out like that

5 in 15 is too many for my liking too, but like I said you almost have to disregard 2 because of the stupid mistake of the previous owners

Yeah I think City could and may easily turn out like that

5 in 15 is too many for my liking too, but like I said you almost have to disregard 2 because of the stupid mistake of the previous owners

Hopefully the Glazers aren't as stupid as people think they are & end up doing something similar to Liverpool's previous owners or indeed Roman.

OK I am done with Sky Sports news, the internet & all papers until after the Swansea game. There are so, so many rumours floating about at this juncture at what's going on at Manchester United, the latest batch of rumours say that Rooney has asked to leave this summer (which would confirm Moyes if true I feel) & that we are supposedly realistically close to re-signing Ronaldo..

I just don't know what is true & what is lies anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"