Iron Man The ONLY superhero movie to pull off a classic rock soundtrack

I'd hate to hear what you think is good music then.

When since we're on the topic of classic rock...

Queen
Pink Floyd
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Kiss
Metallica
Black Sabbath
Nirvana
Aerosmith
Rolling Stones

I just think AC/DC is a terrible band.

I always prefer a good score over any billboard music in a movie, helps keep it fresh over the years, but there are cases where you just want to get the biggest punch musically in, and thats what Iron Man should do. Iron Man is the movie equivalent of getting into your new sports car, cranking the radio and speeding down the highway...you want to rock out with it.

I would love if the whole movie used classic rock songs and a few new ones, it fits the style and content. If they made a Dazzler movie do you honestly think it would work better with a score or with disco / dance songs spanning from the 70's to the present? It is all about context (Example being Batman...he needs a score that is just dark, eerie and foreboding)

When since we're on the topic of classic rock...

Queen
Pink Floyd
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Kiss
Metallica
Black Sabbath
Nirvana
Aerosmith
Rolling Stones

I just think AC/DC is a terrible band.

I love all those bands you listed. I do happen to like AC/DC and can understand why some people don't like them.

The band started out just wanting to play at bars. They like most bands luckily got 'found' though and changed all that. For what they originally wanted, which was Rock with some good energetic beats for people hanging out at bars...their music is perfect.

I understand it's not that complex when it comes to the drummer since they have 3-4 drum beats for their entire catalog of songs lol.

To say they truley suck is garbage though, I don't care who anyone thinks they are, Angus Young is one of the guitar gods!

Usually I prefer scores for a film but I'm going to have to agree that Rock/Hard Rock is the perfect choice for Iron Man.

Music fits the bill perfectly... the internet as responded VERY positevly to the music selection.

I love all those bands you listed. I do happen to like AC/DC and can understand why some people don't like them.

The band started out just wanting to play at bars. They like most bands luckily got 'found' though and changed all that. For what they originally wanted, which was Rock with some good energetic beats for people hanging out at bars...their music is perfect.

I understand it's not that complex when it comes to the drummer since they have 3-4 drum beats for their entire catalog of songs lol.

To say they truley suck is garbage though, I don't care who anyone thinks they are, Angus Young is one of the guitar gods!

Usually I prefer scores for a film but I'm going to have to agree that Rock/Hard Rock is the perfect choice for Iron Man.

Okay, that's fair. I understand what you mean. And I do have to agree that Angus Young is a good guitar player, but just the whole mesh together I don't really care for, ya know what I mean?

I'd prefer an original score.

This movie (and every movie) needs a good score. However...using classic rock in a couple of scenes wouldn't be too bad.

It wasn't classic rock but the Daredevil DC pulled off a rock soundtrack quite well.

It didn't. :csad:

I always prefer a good score over any billboard music in a movie, helps keep it fresh over the years

Thats why I said classic rock. If they created songs for the movie it could go either way. However, some of the songs on the trailer are already classic so its not gonna make the movie seem dated. Thats why Tarantino always uses old songs in his movies. You can get away with it.

can anyone make a list of all the songs used in the trailers so far? I'm pretty sure i heard some sabbath ac/dc and shinedown???

maybe not the last one but if there if anyone out there does know i would appreciate it

Songs we know so far:
AC/DC - Back in Black
Black Sabbath - Iron Man

can anyone make a list of all the songs used in the trailers so far? I'm pretty sure i heard some sabbath ac/dc and shinedown???

maybe not the last one but if there if anyone out there does know i would appreciate it

Songs we know so far:
AC/DC - Back in Black
Black Sabbath - Iron Man

One of the songs, where you can hear some vocals around the middle/second half is from the band with Chris Cornell. I think their name is Audioslave. Either that or it's a Soundgarden(Cornell's original band) song I haven't heard in a long time.

Pretty sure it's Audioslave though.

While I'm a huge fan of rock, I think a lot of the music in the trailer won't be in the film, save for the Black Sabbath song, 'cause you've GOT to have that.

I remember thinking the ghost rider movie would have a great rock soundtrack, but it ended up having a classical western score. (Though that song in the end credits, i think it was called "Ghost Riders in the Sky," was pretty cool.)

Well GR did have some classical rock.

I hated the use of rock songs. I kept trying to get into this latest trailer and the music kept turning me off. :down
FAIL.
Respect your roots, sonny boy.
=P
Well GR did have some classical rock.
Eh. The only thing that really bugged me about Ghost Rider was the music. Every once in a while I'll think about pulling out the DVD and watching it, usually I do, but sometimes I think "Ugh, but then I have to listen to that god-awful score".
The Western theme obviously wasn't working for me.

I thnk they should use Robot Rock by daft Punk at some point. Possibly a scene involving robots fighting while playing guitars. Nothing beats robots playing guitars!

I think the rock works for the trailers, and if we get a song or two in the movie I think that's fine. But I think we need a musical score to go with it.

I think that Iron Man IS well-suited to rock music, but I really did not like how they did it in the trailer. I think Back in Black is the most overused rock song in trailers, and I guess a lot of people still think "ABSOLUTELY BADASS" when they hear it, but to me, it's just conspicuous, obvious and lazy. I know that going for rock songs everybody knows is pretty effective marketing (as evidenced by the reaction here), but it really bothers me, and I wish they'd gone with some badass hooks from songs not many people know.

Kinda hard to use the familiarity hook on someone w/ a song they never heard of.

Kinda hard to use the familiarity hook on someone w/ a song they never heard of.

I understand that. My point is, most people really like the familiarity. I don't. I think it's distracting, and it takes me out of the movie (or trailer, as it were).

The Spiderman soundtracks had extra swag

*Bumps "Hero"*

....As we all fly aaawaaaaaaaaaay

I liked all 3 Soundtracks. Daredevil's soundtrack had its moments "Wont back down" was so funny it was good lol.

hey, "Won't Back Down" is the **** son!:hoboj:

The Daredevil soundtrack was great, and I thought it was clever how the songs were implemented into the movie :o .

Well I wouldn't say it's the ONLY movie that could pull of a classic rock soundtrack. I'm thinking Thor could also do it (though it be more orchestral rock than classical). Authority maybe, The thing is the movie is positioning itself to be a real big GUY movie.
Seems like it didn't, a lot of women liked the movie and characters. Marvel does seem to have that kind of balance

I enjoyed the music used in Thor. I especially love the ending sequence. The music went perfectly well with the sweeping shots of galaxy clouds eventually zooming out to form Ygdrassil.

I do agree with the original post. I just finished watching IM1 and 2 again. The classic hard rock music really fits IM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"