The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Symbol

Black Mamba

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, in B89 we recieved one of the greatest pieces of graphic art. It was beautiful to look at. The dark embossed, mean looking bat, over an amber plate with a stylized / glossy look to it. It had an edge to it.

Prior to Batman Begins, I was wondering what the symbol was going to be like. If they were going to re-invent it, like everything else for the new up and coming franchise. Well, what we got was outstanding as well. Not as poignant as the first batman symbol for the B89 film, but for modern day, it was sharp looking. The long straight edged wings (as opposed to round) provided a nice change of pace look, reflective of the times, and signified a definitive change from the previous franchise. As we know, the symbol was a bronze, rustic look. The look, meant to probably convey something that wasn't "polished" or in it's "prime"... I.E. "BEGINNING".

Now that the second movie will be reaching its prime, in many facets... both with the general audience, the story, Batman the character ... do you think we will see a subtle change, and or color to the Bat symbol for the movie? If you can, provide examples of customized logos you'd like to see, and explain why. I think the logo for the movie is always important, as it represents the essence and theme of the movie by transferring subtle qualities through the bat-symbol. So, let's hear it...

I would not be adverse to a texture change, or a blackening, but I would really prefer the shape of the symbol not change, both for the sake of continuity and because I really, really love that straight-winged symbol.

the shape should definatley remain the same, but i could go for a color or texture change. Like you said, the first one had this raw, unpolished feel to it. So it might make sense for it to get a bit cleaner looking next time.

At the end of BB, when Bats goes
to meet Gordon on the rooftop, Doesnt the Batsuit Seem glossier?...or is that just me?

I would like to see a logo change. I like that all of the Batman movies have had a different logo. B89 had the bronze one, BR had the one with snow on it, BF had the question mark logo, BR had that...robin/batman combo I guess....and Begins had the rusty logo.

Personally I'd like to see the logo's heading towards looking like the one on the suit. Make it slightly more curved and stylish as the series progresses.

TheLightKnight said:
to meet Gordon on the rooftop, Doesnt the Batsuit Seem glossier?...or is that just me?
It is! And the cowl is different also. The horns are even longer.

I'm all for change in TDK (and the sequel to it), including the symbol, I everything in 'Begins' as the protoype to what the eventual look of Batman will be. The Tumbler, used Batcave, even the suit and yes, the symbol also.

And I don't think Nolan is one to repeat himself. TSo things will change in TDK. The symbol may not have the yellow oval behind it (although I wouldn't mind) but there will some kind of change.

TheLightKnight said:
that was just you ;)

I like the Jim Lee/modern Batman symbol the best.

Jim%20Lee's%20batman.jpg

Considering that the bat-signal was introduced at the conclusion of BB and that the signal is a dark bat in a lighted circle, the logo of TDK could be the yellow oval bat symbol without needing to refer to the suit itself.

Yea I agree with the fact that they shouldn't change the symbol(rusty straight edge) just for the fact that thats the symbol chosen by Gordan to get in touch with batsy(I guess he found one of the batarangs from the Dock scene LOL)

The Jim Lee symbol does kick all kinds of @$$ though

I think the reason the cowl and everything looks different at the end of begins for some people is just for the mere simple reason its the last footage they shot for the film.( therefore bale was very slender towards the end of filming,you can definitely see it in his face)

quote::Dent will be Owen or Law....I gots a feeling......quote::

lochneffmonster said:
Nah. Nothing kills stealth like a bright yellow target on your chest
He wraps his cape around it, it still doesn't get in the way, and besides what about that shiny belt of his.

It worked for years it's just a yellow oval his entire costume is not yellow so shut up. You who say crap about the oval aren't real fans and don't get it, it's been around for years and it needs to come back, the plain bat looks like a generic cheap Halloween decoration.

Morgoth said:
He wraps his cape around it, it still doesn't get in the way, and besides what about that shiny belt of his.

It worked for years it's just a yellow oval his entire costume is not yellow so shut up. You who say crap about the oval aren't real fans and don't get it, it's been around for years and it needs to come back, the plain bat looks like a generic cheap Halloween decoration.

The Begins belt wasn't shiny at all.

Current Batman comics dont have the yellow oval - why should The Dark Knight?

I like the oval, but I don't think they should adopt it in this series of films, simply because it was overused in the first four.

Ronny Shade said:
I like the Jim Lee/modern Batman symbol the best.

Jim%20Lee's%20batman.jpg

Yeah, I think a gray Batman suit would change the whole "always seeing a black suit all the time" I'd keep the new Bat symbol he had in "Batman Begins."

TheLightKnight said:

to meet Gordon on the rooftop, Doesnt the Batsuit Seem glossier?...or is that just me

no i thought the same thing, as for the symbol, i would like to see the yellow and black emblem like Batman 89 (considering Begins wasa prequel to that it makes sense)

lol, only joking, though i do want the yellow black emblem.

I think they should use the same symbol, but wth darker color of background,

Begins- Bronze Bat
Dark Knight- Silver Bat
Third Film- Gold Bat

Still rusty looking.

Morgoth said:

I'm not a fan because I dont like a stupid looking symbol that was only created because it was easier to copyright? That's the true purpose of the yellow symbol. Batman started off with a black bat, but you cant copyright a picture of a black bat, so they needed to make it unique. I know, add a big yellow circle around it! Hell, the bat doens't even really look like a bat. Bat's wings aren't rounded like that, from any point of view.

The yellow oval sucks, and I pray Batman never wears it again. It looks stupid, and it's a stupid idea for him to have. Dont give me that "it's a target so they hit the armored spot instead" crap. Even if the bad guys do aim for the bright yellow spot, who the hells to say they wont miss and hit a couple inches above, you know, at his throat? Isn't it better to just not be seen at all?

^Nice.

I'd like them to stick with the same design but have a different finish to it. Probably just black with possible a white oval around it as we saw in the end with the signal.

I like the bronze to silver to gold idea. A silver bat will stand out in 'Dark' shadows and tie in with the knight idea i.e. a knight in shining armour. Have it glinting in the dark.

The symbol in ads and such would be nice if it were a silverish color. The symbol on his armor should and will stay the same.

^Yes. Make it look sleeker and sharper. cause that batman is one sharp cookie. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"